PDA

View Full Version : Another windshield rock chip repair thread

Zero102
11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
I had a really unfortunate trip back from Radium yesterday and picked up 2 nice big rock chips on my windshield, between our 3 cars this makes 4 rock chips that need to be repaired. I remember a couple years back there was a guy on Beyond here that would come to your house and repair them (for a pretty reasonable price IIRC) and he also did a "fix 3 get 1 free" type of deal which works really well for me now.

I know most shops I can bring my cars to won't give a discount if the chips are on multiple vehicles, so I'm wondering if this guy is still around and if anybody on Beyond has contact info? I tried searching without any luck.

jaylo
11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Glass Solutions was the company you were referring to. I tried to contact them but to no avail, their website and phone number is disconnected. I assume they went out of business.

I went to Deco Windshield repair at the Canadian Tire in Signal Hill and they have an orange tent set up there.

The quality was not bad as they leave a mark after they repair the rock chip.

Back in the day when Glass Solutions did my windshields, I could barely find where the chip was after repair.

Deco's rate is $40 for the first two chips, then $10 for the third and so on.

V6-BoI
11-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
Glass Solutions was the company you were referring to. I tried to contact them but to no avail, their website and phone number is disconnected. I assume they went out of business.

I went to Deco Windshield repair at the Canadian Tire in Signal Hill and they have an orange tent set up there.

The quality was not bad as they leave a mark after they repair the rock chip.

Back in the day when Glass Solutions did my windshields, I could barely find where the chip was after repair.

Deco's rate is $40 for the first two chips, then $10 for the third and so on.

Is Deco still at the Canadian Tire at Sage Hill? I remember going to this place, I think it was called Clear View Windshield Solutions or something a little while back and they said they were at the Canadian Tire on Country Hills. I tried going there recently and they weren't there anymore. I'm wondering if these guys don't set up their tent during the winter months.

Zero102
11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Glass Solutions, that was it. Damn, its a shame they are gone :( I always heard great things about them

I doubt they use the tents during the winter, you need the windshield to be clean, warm and dry, 3 things that are very hard outside in the winter :)

Is Clear View Windshield Solutions one of those tent places as well, or do they have a shop?

Damn, $40 for the first 2?... that sucks, unless I can spread the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc., across multiple cars... then we might as well bring the whole family down and split the bill.

coop3rr
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
try 5star auto glass, talk to tarik and tell him curtis from shadowtint sent you, he'll hook you up!

pinoyhero
11-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Is the one in signal hill there during winter? Anyone?

Zero102
11-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by coop3rr
try 5star auto glass, talk to tarik and tell him curtis from shadowtint sent you, he'll hook you up!

5 Star, they are in the same parking lot as shadow tint right? I drove by there the other day and they had a sign up, $15 rock chip repairs. Sounds worth a try to me :)

Nav13
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Calalta auto glass, $20 for the first one $10 for each additional one. http://www.cal-altaautoglass.ca/home/

not affiliated with them, but I used them a month ago and they were the best price I could find. Speedy glass wanted $100 for the 4 chips I wanted repaired.

coop3rr
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

5 Star, they are in the same parking lot as shadow tint right? I drove by there the other day and they had a sign up, $15 rock chip repairs. Sounds worth a try to me :)

yeah i just had 3 repaired there by them, its 14.99 for the first, then 9.99 for each consecutive chip, i think it came out to just under 40$ for all 3...

great work aswell i must say, didnt take them to long either.

Zhariak
01-05-2010, 01:40 PM
I've replaced my windshield 4 times in the past 6 months on my 08 ESV.

As of the other day I got sprayed and the windshield got destroyed again... You guys have probably seen some of my other threads regarding my windshield getting demolished.

Summer is summer, rocks are shit are accident, I don't care.

Usually I've never had a problem during winter... However this winter for some reason people have a habbit of driving on the lines on the roads that contain the rocks...

So choked!

nonlinear
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
i had several chips filled by ven (beyond member). i'm not sure what his company is called, but he will meet you wherever and has a card thing where you get 1 free chip fixed after 3 or whatever. i had him fix a few chips back in '05 or something, and still have a card for a free chip repair. he does a good job, and he is a super upstanding guy, so i highly recommend him for shiz.

back then i had a '91 j-body, and i remember comparing my car to his '91 toyota (i think) minivan. it was funny cause his van looked 23274489723849723 times more modern than my piece of shit GM. hahah. thank god i saved some cash and got rid of that POS.

scat19
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak
However this winter for some reason people have a habbit of driving on the lines on the roads that contain the rocks...

So choked!

omfg tell me about it. My brand new winshield looks old now, along with a new zinger beside the front badge on the hood. argh.

SuperG3
02-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Went to 5 star today for 2 rock chips. Can't beat the price, good work and was done quickly. $15 first one and $10 there after