PDA

View Full Version : Warrant issued for Michael Jackson

B17a
11-19-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm quite surprised it took this long.

Source: Arrest warrant issued for Jackson

LOS OLIVOS, California (CNN) --Authorities have issued a warrant for the arrest of singer Michael Jackson, whose Santa Barbara, California, ranch was searched Tuesday, a knowledgeable source close to the investigation told CNN Wednesday.

It was not known when the arrest warrant was issued or what charges have been filed, but the source said Tuesday that the search of the pop star's home was in response to an allegation of child molestation.

About 70 officials from the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department and the district attorney's office searched the home, known as Neverland Ranch, for about 10 hours Tuesday as part of what one official called an "ongoing criminal investigation." There was no official word on what they were searching for or may have found.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department and the district attorney will hold a news conference Wednesday at 11 a.m. (2 p.m. EST).

"We cannot comment on law enforcement's investigation because we do not yet know what it is about," a spokesman for the entertainer said.

Stuart Backerman, a spokesman for Jackson, said the singer has been in Las Vegas, Nevada, for the past two-and-a-half weeks, shooting a video for the song "One More Chance." That single is on his "Number Ones" album, a greatest-hits collection released Tuesday by Epic Records.

Later this month, a special on Jackson is set to be broadcast on CBS.

According to Backerman's statement, Jackson said: "I've seen lawyers who do not represent me and spokespeople who do not know me speaking for me. These characters always seem to surface with a dreadful allegation just as another project, an album, a video, is being released."

The allegations come almost a decade after Jackson, now 45, settled a lawsuit filed on behalf of a boy who had slept over at Neverland Ranch when he was 13 and accused Jackson of molesting him. No criminal charges were filed in that case.

Attorney Larry R. Feldman, who represented the alleged victim in the 1994 child molestation lawsuit against Jackson, told CNN on Tuesday that he would "not confirm or deny" that he is representing anyone in a civil or criminal investigation pertaining to Jackson because of possible "violation of attorney-client privilege."

Brian Oxman, an attorney for the Jackson family, said on CNN's "Larry King Live" that he believes the investigation stems from someone else seeking financial gain from Jackson.

"It is a case of excitement and hysteria because we have the same accusations that we had 10 years ago," he said. "It's like playing the playoffs all over again."

Johnnie Cochran, Jackson's attorney in the case 10 years ago, said it's odd the search warrant was served the day the singer's latest album was released.

"I think it's more than coincidence. I think it was planned," he said on "Larry King Live."

Cochran said he's tried to counsel Jackson "not to ever put yourself in that position" of being alone with young children.

"But that's who Michael Jackson is, he's a very, very naive person in many respects, and there's no question about that. Yeah, he does wear a bull's eye," Cochran said.

Backerman criticized what he called "the malignant horde of media hounds claiming to speak for Michael on this and many other issues.

"A rogues' gallery of hucksters and self-styled 'inside sources' have dominated the airwaves since reports of a search of Neverland broke, speculating, guessing and fabricating information about an investigation they couldn't possibly know about," he said.

Backerman said Jackson will "cooperate fully with authorities in any investigation even as it is conducted, yet again, while he is not home."

Terms of the 1994 lawsuit settlement were confidential, though the boy's attorney -- Feldman -- said at the time they were happy to resolve the matter.

Cochran said at the time that Jackson maintained his innocence and that the settlement was in no way an admission of guilt.

Criminal investigators stopped pursuing their case after the lawsuit was settled and the young boy -- by then 14 -- made clear he did not want to participate in any prosecution of the singer.

V_boy
11-19-2003, 12:06 PM
:drama:

3G
11-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by V_boy
:drama:

Save the Drama For Yo Mama

haha sorry man i just had to say it :rofl:

rc2002
11-19-2003, 12:20 PM
"It was not known when the arrest warrant was issued or what charges have been filed"

"About 70 officials from the Santa Barbara Sheriff's Department and the district attorney's office searched the home, known as Neverland Ranch, for about 10 hours Tuesday"

WTF? I don't think charges of Child Molestation warrant 70 full time paid officials to spend 10 hours searching.. Did Michael kill a little boy this time?

Or did one kid get ideas from the last case and want to cash in by making false allegations? I'm interested to see where this goes, but I don't think the truth will come out. Everyone was left guessing what really happened last time, and I don't think anyone knows for sure if he did molest the boy last time...

B17a
11-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
[BI don't think anyone knows for sure if he did molest the boy last time... [/B]

Call it what you want, but I'm sure the correlation between any grown man who openly admits that having young boys (who are not his relatives) sleep in his bed is okay and child molestation is quite high.

pinoyhero
11-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Damn this guy just can't stay out of the media, I wonder if the charges will actually stick this time...

googe
11-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Call it what you want, but I'm sure the correlation between any grown man who openly admits that having young boys (who are not his relatives) sleep in his bed is okay and child molestation is quite high.

nah man, you should watch that documentary. after seeing that i am thoroughly convinced hes innocent. the guy isnt all there, but its very clear that he is completely harmless. he thinks hes a kid. hes in no way a "grown man".

DJ Lazy
11-19-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by googe

nah man, you should watch that documentary. after seeing that i am thoroughly convinced hes innocent. the guy isnt all there, but its very clear that he is completely harmless. he thinks hes a kid. hes in no way a "grown man".

Why don't you go over and have a sleep over with him.. and then you can tell us if he is truly harmless or not... I watched that documentary.. and I'm sorry.... But that is some seriously fucked up shit... he "can't get right"... Jacko is literally WACKO....

The part that is fucked up, is that he is gonna make bail (which is 3 million dollars), and be able to keep custody of his kids... If it was ANY joe blows. those kids would be in the hands of child welfare in a heartbeat.... I don't care how unconditional Jackos' love is for his kids.. He's not str8 in the head...

Should keep the world entertained for the next couple weeks, if not months... :nut:

rogue
11-19-2003, 10:54 PM
he is a BIG kid who worked his childhood away and that screwed him up in the head. HE really does think he is a kid or why would he waste millions on stupid shit like a freaking amusement park in the back yard. Just watch him in an interview and you will realize he is a little slow in the :nut:

googe
11-20-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Why don't you go over and have a sleep over with him.. and then you can tell us if he is truly harmless or not... I watched that documentary.. and I'm sorry.... But that is some seriously fucked up shit... he "can't get right"... Jacko is literally WACKO....

The part that is fucked up, is that he is gonna make bail (which is 3 million dollars), and be able to keep custody of his kids... If it was ANY joe blows. those kids would be in the hands of child welfare in a heartbeat.... I don't care how unconditional Jackos' love is for his kids.. He's not str8 in the head...

Should keep the world entertained for the next couple weeks, if not months... :nut:
:whocares:

DJ Lazy
11-20-2003, 01:13 AM

:whocares:

Your the one who made the dumbass comment that he is harmless... Man open your eyes.. the guy is fucked up...

googe
11-20-2003, 02:41 AM
Well, you say

Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Why don't you go over and have a sleep over with him.. and then you can tell us if he is truly harmless or not...

like I dont know the truth from just watching a documentary. This implies that you do. Did you have a sleep over with him? No. At least I hope not. So why do you know any better than I do?

4wheeldrift
11-20-2003, 07:52 AM
:whocares: The guy is washed up, at this point any publicitiy for him is good publicity.

B17a
11-20-2003, 08:21 AM

I saw it too, not only do I think he's fubar in the head, because he thinks he's a kid, he thinks he can touch little boys in bad places and that would be alright!

mwmhong
11-20-2003, 09:20 AM
EEEE HEEEEE!!!

rage2
11-20-2003, 09:52 AM
It depends on what documentary you watched :).

The Martin Bashir doumentary, where he was proven to have fabricated and twisted the interview to make him look super guilty?

Or the MJ rebuttal documentary, where even his ex-wives and ppl that were super close to him (but dont like him no more) were DEFENDING him.

All I know is, ppl WILL go way over the line for money. If I was 12 and had the chance, I'd make some allegations against MJ to get a few million bucks and say what that kid said about getting touched and the whacking off crap. Look at that kid from 10 years ago, he's 23 now, and multi-millionaire. (Hey GaGE, you're 12, you busy???)

It's funny how nobody listens to the 1000's of families that praise MJ's charity work with children. How some of their kids are about to die of terminal illness, and MJ steps up to give them one last glimpse of happyness. Where are those stories in the media? Oh, but one kid with accusations 10 years ago, and he's a child molester. If that kid was truely molested, he would've went and filed charges/agreed to testify, and not just pocketed money and go away.

I think MJ is the victim here, just like 10 years ago. Who knows, I could be wrong too... maybe he's running the charity and using it as a child molestor catalog :).

googe
11-20-2003, 10:05 AM
:werd:

Look how easy it is. A very "different" man that thinks he is a child, and spends alot of time around children. Regardless of if he is innocent or not, its going to be very easy to capitalize on that. Just takes one corrupt parent to coach their kid into that.