PDA

View Full Version : Free Ads on Auto Trader?

max_boost
11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Since when? Is it going to end?

I just posted my car up and it showed up a couple hours later, so fast?

Too much competition from craigslist or kijiji?

Just a heads up I guess? Or maybe I'm just the last to know and :repost: :facepalm: :closed:

yipb
11-12-2009, 09:05 PM
i think ur last to know
has been like this since... 3 months ago?

SScott
11-13-2009, 02:22 AM
You won't get response anyways. Nothing to do with your price or vehicle but autotrader and buysell blow chunks. I've never gotten nearly as much response from them combined as I do kijiji

Danny Meehan
11-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Free, that's good.
I've sold a vehicle in autotrader in December and had to pay for service

ExtraSlow
11-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I agree that kijiji is the best right now.
I was selling a junky truck this fall and I got probabyl 70% of my responses from Kijiji, but the rest from Autotrader and maybe one from craigslist.

Since they are all free, why not post to each one? Pretty fast to copy and paste the advert. Takes like five minutes.

I also agree that buysell sucks. Back when I was turning 18, that was the only way anyone bought or sold cheaper cars, but now apparently nobody uses it.

DelSoln
11-13-2009, 07:40 PM
The free ad is only for a week. Then a representative calls you to ask if you want to purchase the monthly package.

Malicious
11-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
The free ad is only for a week. Then a representative calls you to ask if you want to purchase the monthly package.

Yep, and they suck. I listed a car there and all I got were Nigerian scammers and then the rep calls you and asks you to pony up. I politely told her their service sucked and it had already sold on kijiji.

ALSO I got an e-mail from an autotrader rep the other day about another car I had on Kijiji saying "let me help you sell this".

Fuck autotrader and their poaching asses.

That has got to be illegal..

Weapon_R
11-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Autotrader and Buysell have been offering free ads ever since Kijiji and Craigslist started raping their client base. Too little too late