PDA

View Full Version : Kimi

kkuk
11-13-2009, 06:29 AM
I hope Kimi is on the grid for next year love to see him win the wdc again and show ferrari what a mistake they have made :burnout:

buh_buh
11-13-2009, 10:30 AM
But Felipe always beat Raikkonen in 2007, 2008 and 2009... :facepalm:
I personally can't wait to see Alonso destroy Massa. But I'd like to see Kimi stay on the grid for next year too. F1 needs more ice cream eating, coke drinking, gorilla suit wearing drivers that don't give a shit about the bullshit politics and drama of F1.

irs
11-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Sorry to say but I really do not have very much respect for him.
His attitude towards his teams and mates has never been that great.
That might be why he will be gone.
We will have to see.

More than likely a team will pick him up, just for the experience.
Especially all the new teams coming in this year.

Eleanor
11-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
F1 needs more ice cream eating, coke drinking, gorilla suit wearing drivers that don't give a shit about the bullshit politics and drama of F1. :werd:

Anyone remember this?

RBD_OBuNapY

:rofl:

Chris Elyea
11-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
Anyone remember this?

Absolutely! It's not just that Kimi doesn't care about the politics of F1, it's that he doesn't seem to care about anything. I felt sorry for him back in his McLaren days, with all his mechanical problems, and then he got that EUR 30,000 fine for having an improperly licenced snowmobile trailer. He only seemed to have bad luck. But his attitude sucks.

If things aren't going his way, he seems to give up. Compare him to Alonso and Hamilton, who struggle along in reasonably good humour even when their cars are not that great. Too much pouting, on the boat or in the paddock with Coke and an ice cream bar.

I would miss his interviews, though. Not much is funnier than listening to someone trying to get a comment out of Kimi!

P.S. I think Massa and Alonso are very similar drivers and it's going to be great fun to see them battle. Ferrari is going to have a very difficult time with team orders in 2010!

buh_buh
11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Its true, he does seem to give up if he doesn't have the car. It seemed like this year the only time he started driving well was after Massa got hurt and Ferrari announced they weren't making any more upgrades on this year's car. I'm not sure if that was a coincidence or whether Massa had anything to do with it, but he does seem less and less interested in F1 as each year goes by.

This is one of my Kimi favourites:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6431766470249091563#

DJ Lazy
11-13-2009, 06:50 PM
^^ :rofl: right on live tv!

Mibz
11-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Hahaha

Team_Mclaren
11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Who care what his attitude is, he's a better driver than Button even when he doesnt give a shit.

:hijack: If button does go to Mclaren, I cant wait to see him gets raped day in, day out by LM

buh_buh
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I cant wait to see him gets raped day in, day out by LM You want to see a man get raped another man? :barf:

Button will be at Brawn. He knows better than to ruin his career driving alongside Hamilton. But WTF does Button have to do with this? He's the WDC. Get over it.

Trini
11-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Kimi is a great drive when he cares to be..
love when he is interviewed :rofl:

Chris Elyea
11-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Buh-bye Kimi! He's decided to sit out 2010. Apparently racing got in the way of eating ice cream bars and drinking Coke. Will he ever be back? (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80187)

Team_Mclaren
11-17-2009, 06:54 PM
fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

makes button at Mclaren more likely:( :cry: :cry:

buh_buh
11-17-2009, 06:54 PM
This is probably because Button's signing with McLaren (yeah, I'll admit I was wrong, but I still think its career suicide), and he's holding out for a RBR seat for next year.

rage2
11-17-2009, 07:15 PM
This is probably because Button's signing with McLaren (yeah, I'll admit I was wrong, but I still think its career suicide), and he's holding out for a RBR seat for next year.
After all these years, we're going to end up cheering for the same team. How the fuck did that happen? :rofl:

Mibz
11-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Well at least Button will make Hamilton look better next year.

Team_Mclaren
11-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Well at least Button will make Hamilton look better next year.

Hamilton has already proved that he's a top driver even if the car isnt there. Button on the other hand....

Mibz
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

Hamilton has already proved that he's a top driver even if the car isnt there. Button on the other hand.... Maybe I should've worded that the other way around ;)

buh_buh
11-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by rage2

After all these years, we're going to end up cheering for the same team. How the fuck did that happen? :rofl: :banghead:

Originally posted by Mibz
Well at least Button will make Hamilton look better next year. I think it'll be closer than most people think, though it really depends on the type of car McLaren builds. Button and Hamilton have completely opposite styles, where Hamilton likes an oversteery type of car and Button likes an understeery type. Next year's rules might actually play in the hands of Button with no refuelling and having the need to be easier on tires and fuel earlier on in the race, but we'll see. I still think Hamilton's quicker than Button though.

A2VR6
11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Interesting, I wonder who's going to take Jenson's place over at Brawn/Mercedes.

Mibz
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Rosberg + Heidfeld? Provided Renault sticks around and Kubica goes there.

Eleanor
11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
^ Rosberg & Heidfeld is what I've heard as well.

Is anyone staying put for next year? :rofl:

DJ Lazy
11-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
^ Rosberg & Heidfeld is what I've heard as well.

Is anyone staying put for next year? :rofl:

Hamilton and Massa.. :D

buh_buh
11-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Its going to be Team Germany vs. Team Britain vs. Team Latin next year. Its going to be like a better version of ROC next year.

Chris Elyea
11-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Its going to be Team Germany vs. Team Britain vs. Team Latin next year. Its going to be like a better version of ROC next year.
Yeah, but with two British WDC's driving for a British team, guess what the British TV commentators will be talking about all the time!

Eleanor
11-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Hamilton and Massa.. :D & Vettel, that's all i can think of

Trini
11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Chris Elyea

Yeah, but with two British WDC's driving for a British team, guess what the British TV commentators will be talking about all the time!

christ..I dunno if I can stomach them going and going about the Brits :facepalm:

Smartiepants
11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/autoracing/2009/11/18/f1-raikkonen-0/

Kimi out next year.

Xtrema
11-18-2009, 02:30 PM
He makes more staying away from F1 next year anyway.

_B42AW-d89M

Chris Elyea
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
In fairness, the track was a lake and they called the race soon after. He didn't leave much doubt about his enthusiasm to go back out, though, did he? I think this so-called sabbatical is indicative of his attitude toward F1 - he just doesn't care.

There's no easy way to leave F1 (or any sport, for that matter). JV got turfed out and never, even to this day, accepted it. DC went gracefully, albeit a bit belatedly. MS looked good retiring at the peak, at least at first, but lately he appears to be having second thoughts. Little Piquet's suicide bombing was the worst, but Kimi's apathy is not too attractive, either.

buh_buh
11-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I guess this post belongs more in here than in the Schumacher thread, so I'll just copy and paste it:

Schumi to MB is probably as likely as this:

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgloboesporte.globo.com%2FEsportes%2FNoticias%2FFormula_1%2F0%2C%2CMUL1384006-15011%2C00-KIMI%2BRAIKKONEN%2BACERTA%2BCOM%2BA%2BMERCEDES.html&lp=pt_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Original source:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Formula_1/0,,MUL1384006-15011,00-KIMI+RAIKKONEN+ACERTA+COM+A+MERCEDES.html

This won't happen, but I'm still thinking of MB in terms of Honda. I would love to see Kimi in a Honda... I mean MB though.

edit: This is the guy that broke Rubens to Williams and Crashgate, so maybe this has some weight to it. But Piquet and Rubens are both Brazilian, so I'm still thinking it doesn't.

Team_Mclaren
11-19-2009, 02:09 AM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80215

or better yet, kimi to MB. Even tho i dont think MB can afford to pay kimi for a drive. that combination would certainly make it exciting, I'd cheer for MB and Lewis, MB for constructors, LM for Drivers championship!!

rage2
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
WTF it's not about money now?? That was the whole reason the McLaren deal fell through because of money! lol