PDA

View Full Version : Our legs will cost more with Air Canada

71car2
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Now Air Canada is trying to look for more money for their coffers! What next - our arms on armrests by measure?! Bad news for tall people... :thumbsdow

Air Canada looking for more money... in our legs! (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091113/air_canada_091309/20091113?hub=Canada)

Weapon_R
11-13-2009, 10:35 AM
This has been around for years. I personally think its worth every penny for the additional legroom you get on these seats.

Crymson
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
I kind of agree. It will deterr people who don't really need them from just picking them because they can.

badatusrnames
11-13-2009, 10:41 AM
...and the obese get a second seat for free.

DayGlow
11-13-2009, 10:41 AM
well if fat people have sued successfully for being fat I think someone that is so tall that they physically won't fit in their cattlecar seats probably would be successful as well.

HondaKid
11-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Tall people did not chose to be tall, cannot say the same for the obese. They got fat one donut at a time.

Legless_Marine2
11-13-2009, 10:45 AM
This shouldn't be a problem for me.

JfuckinC
11-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Fuck that, i should sue.

How comfortable do you think this flight was? :banghead:

ekguy
11-13-2009, 10:54 AM
hahaha at the pic thats awesome.

And seriously people still use Air Canada when West Jet is available???

Crymson
11-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Air canada has come a LONG way in the past 3-4 years.

They're a viable option again! Their entertainment system puts WJ's to shame, and their hostesses/booth attendendes seemed to have pulled that stuck out of their asses and stopped treating you like dicks for wanting to travel, god forbid -by AIR! - from your departure point to destination.

scat19
11-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Fuck that, i should sue.

Haha the guy in the background is laughin his ass off.

ExtraSlow
11-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Thank god I've got alternatives for anywhere I fly.

NorthEast BC - Use Central Mountain Air
Grande Prairie - Swanberg or Westjet
The rest of Canada - Westjet
To the US - United or US Air.

Air Canada is terrible and I hope it goes bankrupt soon.

BigMass
11-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Air Canada will never go away, our tax dollars will see to that

cycosis
11-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Ah shit just what i needed right before i book my ticket to germany. Im 6'5"

Eleanor
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
Air canada has come a LONG way in the past 3-4 years :werd: I use to be all about WestJet, but now it's just whoever's cheaper.

sputnik
11-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Makes me glad I am not that tall.

Mr. Burns
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I actually prefer AC whenever possible mainly because of the entertainment system. I have never had a real problem with them.... except that their flights are usually more expensive.

natejj
11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
6'3 :banghead:

zipdoa
11-13-2009, 11:55 AM
lulz... my bro is 7ft and is literally unable to fit in anything BUT the exit row seat.

masoncgy
11-13-2009, 12:02 PM
AC will do anything to make an extra buck or two... I'm glad I can deal with regular seating on their aircraft when I am forced to fly with them, which fortunately, isn't very often at all as I am usually flying to the Island, Vancouver & Prince George.

WestJet is my preferred airline... AC can take a flying leap, pun absolutely intended.

kenny
11-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
AC will do anything to make an extra buck or two...

Understatement of the century.

AC:
Can't transfer credits to anyone (not even spouse)
WJ:
Transfer it to anyone, friends, family, strangers

AC:
- $75 change fee + any difference in fares
WJ:
Free if within 24 hours, otherwise $40. Do not have to pay any difference in fares if there is room on another flight on the same day. Includes refund of fare difference in the form of credits

AC:
No refunds. Final sale.
WJ:
Full Refunds within 24 hours, Refund as credit after that

KrisYYC
11-13-2009, 12:24 PM

United and US Air charge for all checked baggage, AC does not. They also charge for emergency exit rows as well and have been for years.

It's funny how people bash AC so much. Their seat pitch is better than Westjets, their entertainment system is way better and the fares are about the same or sometimes cheaper than Westjet but usually offer way more flight options.

I honestly don't get the hate on, how many of you have actually flown AC in the last 5 years?

If you think AC is bad, you've never flown UA or US airways.

71car2
11-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Burns
I actually prefer AC whenever possible mainly because of the entertainment system. I have never had a real problem with them.... except that their flights are usually more expensive.

AC having better entertainment system? That don't mean anything to me - I prefer to have my own DVD player to watch whatever I like within my control. And the screen is bigger than their little worthless system! Sometimes my own books to read.

I go with Westjet within Canada and AA/Untied for USA.

HiTempguy1
11-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by KrisYYC

United and US Air charge for all checked baggage, AC does not. They also charge for emergency exit rows as well and have been for years.

It's funny how people bash AC so much. Their seat pitch is better than Westjets, their entertainment system is way better and the fares are about the same or sometimes cheaper than Westjet but usually offer way more flight options.

I honestly don't get the hate on, how many of you have actually flown AC in the last 5 years?

I fly AC whenever possible. Another thing I've noticed that WestJet does is mess around CONSTANTLY with prices. AirCanada gives you about a 6 hour window.

Heres an example:

One day my parents decided to go somewhere (I forget where, mk?), and they order tickets for WestJet. My father used his name Ernie Vokes, while it is actually Ernest and he did not include his middle initial. They were going to the US. It would have been a big deal if his name on the ticket did not match his passport. Phone westjet, ask to cancel the tickets so he can buy new ones with the proper name (they WOULD NOT change the name). So they cancel them, and lo and behold the cost of the tickets (over the course of 30 minutes) went up something like a combined $200. :thumbsdow

Now on the other hand, I've never had problems with AirCanada (but I make sure not to screw up on the simple shit also ;) ). Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but WestJet does not have consistently lower prices anymore, and their entertainment centre has to be paid for while its included with Air Canada. I already have too much carryon (racing suit, helmet, hans device plus my codriving bag) so I don't also need to be carrying around a laptop (which I can't afford). Therefore, until AirCanada royally screws me, I'll fly them when they have the proper departure and arrival times for a decent price.

Smokem
11-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by kenny

AC:
No refunds. Final sale.
WJ:

This is not really advertised but I managed to get a full CC refund within 24 hours of my purchase once on Air Canada. Whether or not this is the case all the time is another story.

+1 for Air Canada's entertainment system. Nothing like watching almost to DVD movies, especially on longer flights. Their customer service has also improved a bit.
-1 for flight delays. Air Canada is hit or miss depending on departure time. If your flight leaves later in the day, there is a much greater likelihood of delay.

+1 for Westjet's service and timeliness. For the most part they are on time.
-1 for Westjet transitioning into their new flight system (bloody headache last month). Also their satellite is akin to watching 15 channels of cable, no choice in programming whatsoever.

As for seating, I always like the rows closer to the front, makes deplaning easier and speeds up your time to hit customs, etc. when flying in from the US. Why else is first class up front? :)

Smokem
11-13-2009, 01:00 PM

WJ:
Free if within 24 hours, otherwise $40. Do not have to pay any difference in fares if there is room on another flight on the same day. Includes refund of fare difference in the form of credits

That's pretty sweet if you can get on an earlier flight. Has anyone done this before with great success? How's it work with baggage? Do they just check it in to the earlier flight?

Kenny, what do you mean in your second point, ie. refund of fare difference in the form of credits? Do you mean if the flight prices go lower you get some money back? OR do you mean if there is an earlier flight in the day and it's chaper you can get on and also get credit back?

Criticull
11-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Fuck that, i should sue.

Haha, golden

masoncgy
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM

I fly AC at least twice a year... YYC-YVR-YYD... and have been flying this route at least 2x a year since 1999... never once have I had an overly positive experience.

I also tend to arrive home without my luggage too... regardless of what time of the year it is. During the Christmas season, it's guaranteed my bags will not arrive until 24-48 hours later, when a courier drops them at my door. It's pretty bad when I have to pack my luggage in a way that expects it to go missing and doesn't leave me completely lost for a few days without it, because it happens every time I fly with AC during the holidays.

Their customer service is only marginally better than it was prior to the 2003 bankruptcy filing, when it was completely horrid. I still get sassed by bitchy customer service staff & cabin crew... all the time.

I've made it a point to fly WJ exclusively, only WJ doesn't serve YYD, otherwise I'd never have to fly with AC again.

WJ isn't 100% perfect... but they are light years ahead of AC in almost every aspect.

This is true. UA is about as bad as an airline can get. I've only ever flown with US once, and it was fine. My experiences with UA have all been terrible.

ExtraSlow
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Weird, I've flown United a few times both YYC to the US and from US to international and it's always been fine.

Tik-Tok
11-13-2009, 02:48 PM

Understatement of the century.

AC:
Can't transfer credits to anyone (not even spouse)
WJ:
Transfer it to anyone, friends, family, strangers

AC:
- $75 change fee + any difference in fares
WJ:

AC:
No refunds. Final sale.
WJ:

This is the biggest reason I prefer Westjet, I don't even use the entertainment system, the only good thing that is for, is to shut all the little brats up after we're in the air.

kenny
11-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Smokem
Kenny, what do you mean in your second point, ie. refund of fare difference in the form of credits? Do you mean if the flight prices go lower you get some money back? OR do you mean if there is an earlier flight in the day and it's chaper you can get on and also get credit back?

Both. There is price protection built in so if fare prices drop you get a refund in the form of credits. You also get a refund of the difference when you make changes to your flight plans and go on an earlier (or later) flight.

fast95pony
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Here's another AC trick : if you book several seats (such as travelling with your spouse ) , their res system deliberately splits you up,hoping you will reserve seats next to each other ,and then charge you $15 for each seat.Happened to me twice travelling to Toronto with my wife.Luckily both times I was able to change the seats at the gate without been charged a fee.No more AC . Westjet is now always my first choice.AC always nickels and dimes their passengers,and their staff are mostly miserable.
Next year watch out when the union contracts start to expire..

71car2
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM
^^ Yeah, I've heard of that trick - never happened on me with AC and my last time was 2 years ago for Christmas holidays. I actually like Westjet more because in the last serveal years since I've been "bumped" from my standard seat to first class at least 4 times by Westjet - without any charge fees! That happened whenever Westjet made a mistake in printing the same seat number for 2 persons.

Since I was the only passenager and that the other person wanna be with a spouse, a young child or whatever. The attendent offered me to transfer to first-class seat. Of course I happily surrender that seat for a better seat! :love:

AC never did that for me!

adamc
11-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Since when does westjet have first class?

You must be confused about those westjet "upgrades".

SScott
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 71car2
LIES LIES LIES

AC never did that for me!

Neither did westjet buddy

cannondale1
11-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I will never fly Air Canada again. Westjet all the way.

Air Canada reminds me of Telus in their procedures.

mowglee
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I like the idea of them charging extra. At least it wont go to some kids or anything. I have bad knees and having extra leg room is a phenomenal feeling.

swak
11-14-2009, 01:24 AM
You wouldnt believe all the claims for lost baggage with Air Canada i get (work bell/concierge at a hotel).

I hardly get any from WestJet, and quite a bit from British Air ahaha.
They are a PAIN! to deal with.

71/454
11-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
:werd: I use to be all about WestJet, but now it's just whoever's cheaper.
This
People have no loyalty to anyone but their wallets anymore. You guys can gripe all you want but if you could save a hundred, you would choose the airline you hate.
Each airline has their weak points and that what offends certain people. Mine is the fact that the tv goes out on westjet an hour out of Vancouver on the way to Hawaii, the only thing left is to put in your credit card and pay for a movie.
71car2 your claim that you were bumped to first class on westjet makes it tough to believe anything you say

Weapon_R
11-14-2009, 11:03 AM
I actually like Westjet more because in the last serveal years since I've been "bumped" from my standard seat to first class at least 4 times by Westjet - without any charge fees!

:rofl: righttt

RY213
11-14-2009, 11:15 AM

I tried AC for the first time about a month ago, I usually go with Westjet. I thought what the hell, ill save a few bucks and go with AC. Never again will I make that mistake my friends. Id rather pay more and get treated well with WJ.
The people working at each company personify how good or bad thier respective companies are. WJ employees are nice, funny and personalble. AC employees seem bitchy, upset and phony. Sure the entertainment system on AC was nice, but im not flying for the entertainment...

Redlyne_mr2
11-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Star Alliance member FTW.. haha that pick of you Justin is classic.

TomcoPDR
11-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Fuck that, i should sue.

Moar pics of the chick beside u

nonlinear
11-14-2009, 08:44 PM
wow, i can't believe air canada is just starting to do this! i've been paying extra for exit row seats for years.

nice thing is that some airlines allow you to board first, too haha

extm88
11-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Westjet is allowing changes and cancellations with no fee at all right now as a "customer service gesture" as they get used to a new system.

-1 to the sat tv on the way to hawaii....as someone mentioned there is a dead zone for the majority of the flight.

+1 to their "first class" ahaha (to whoever said he gets put in first class on wj for no charge). What did you get a extra bag of crackers?

95EagleAWD
11-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ekguy
hahaha at the pic thats awesome.

And seriously people still use Air Canada when West Jet is available???

These days, on domestic flights within Canada, WestJet is terrible compared to AC. I'll take those new Embraer 190s over a 50 year old 737 any day of the week. More room, bigger windows, etc... Much nicer.

CUG
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I actually like Westjet more because in the last serveal years since I've been "bumped" from my standard seat to first class at least 4 times by Westjet - without any charge fees! That happened whenever Westjet made a mistake in printing the same seat number for 2 persons.

You're an idiot.

Anyways, I was in San Francisco not long ago, flew United or AA down and caught AC back. Got a shitload of attitude from the Air Canada clown, then they gave me a business class upgrade for the troubles. (AA or United didn't book me on my connector flight back to Calgary).

OH YA BRO, I FLY FIRST CLASS ON WESTJET LIKE ALL THE FUCKING TIME BRO. LIKE, THE FRONT BULKHEAD SEAT IS PRETTY MUCH FIRST CLASS RIGHT?

71car2
11-15-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by extm88

+1 to their "first class" ahaha (to whoever said he gets put in first class on wj for no charge). What did you get a extra bag of crackers?

Haha... not really, I did get a better food menu to choose whatever I wanted (only 2 choices but who cares?) - that's about it.

Originally posted by CUG

You're an idiot.

Anyways, I was in San Francisco not long ago, flew United or AA down and caught AC back. Got a shitload of attitude from the Air Canada clown, then they gave me a business class upgrade for the troubles. (AA or United didn't book me on my connector flight back to Calgary).

OH YA BRO, I FLY FIRST CLASS ON WESTJET LIKE ALL THE FUCKING TIME BRO. LIKE, THE FRONT BULKHEAD SEAT IS PRETTY MUCH FIRST CLASS RIGHT?

Whatever... I don't give a fuck in how you call me - who gives a hoot? See, I didn't ASK to be seated in first class in all events happened! Understand? Deal with it. :facepalm: They just happen to OFFER to me where I was sitting in my seat.

I could agrue, I could complain at Westjet's mistake with their misprinting ... but I didn't. You want to be an idiot and have a wailing small kid next to you for 2-3 hours stuck in flight? A total strange and scrowning passenager with her/his spouse seperated in different seat? No Thanks! You can have it, fool. :nut:

I'll take first class offered anytime whenever offered to me - I'll have more peace in there - even only for 2-3 hours.

quazimoto
11-15-2009, 12:44 PM

You realized United Airlines and Air Canada are affiliated with each other right? For the record, United Airlines is absurdly horrible in the US.

I love southwest in the US.

ZorroAMG
11-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Dude. WestJet planes DON'T HAVE FIRST CLASS. All their seats are exactly the same. Stop saying they do.

I do prefer AC, better planes, media players, I have star alliance so I have been bumped to real first class a couple of times by asking nicely and customer service has WAY improved over the last few years.

Their prices are always a bit LOWER than WJ when I've booked recently and i also have the option of using my Aeroplan or Avion points. I got a $600 flight to Montreal for christmas this year....2 years ago it was $900...

Hakkola
11-15-2009, 12:54 PM

I'll take first class offered anytime whenever offered to me - I'll have more peace in there - even only for 2-3 hours.

LOL, he still doesn't get it. :facepalm:

ExtraSlow
11-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by quazimoto

You realized United Airlines and Air Canada are affiliated with each other right? For the record, United Airlines is absurdly horrible in the US. Yeah, it's called the star alliance, and it's 25 airlines strong. Still service varies considerably across the different member airlines. I know everyone hates on United, but maybe I've been lucky, they've been really good to me.

Originally posted by Hakkola

LOL, he still doesn't get it. :facepalm: That's the best part of this thread.

project240
11-15-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa
lulz... my bro is 7ft and is literally unable to fit in anything BUT the exit row seat.

I'm just over 6'6" and I am extremely uncomfortable in anything but an exit row seat.

Gay. :banghead:

BlackArcher101
11-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
I'll take those new Embraer 190s over a 50 year old 737 any day of the week. More room, bigger windows, etc... Much nicer.

I thought westjet got rid of their last old 737 a few years ago?

I'm flying Air Canada for the first time next week. Cgy-Toronto-Montreal. I'll update with my experience, but I don't have high hopes.

adamc
11-15-2009, 04:38 PM
AC is fine, I don't know what people expect? What would you have "High hopes" for/about?

When I get on a flight it's eyes closed/sunglasses on until I'm allowed to put my noise canceling headphones on. Those stay on for the duration of the flight and nobody bothers me at all.

I take them off when the snack cart is coming by, and that's it.

Are people expecting to talk about current events with the flight staff?

AC tends to be better for cross country flights because of the vast superiority of the in flight entertainment system. Otherwise a seat's a seat to me.

dj_honda
11-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Even though they are making you pay, it still sucks because some short fucks out there will pay the extra for the legroom even when they dont need it.

I had to go to Sydney this year, and I tried 3 flights but all the exit rows were booked up, and this is with United I believe, one of the few that fly to Australia. I was willing to pay extra for anything except of course first class which was out of my budget. Naturally when boarding the plane, there are douches that are like 5'5" or something in the exit row seats :banghead: Fuck those were some long ass sleepless flights.

nickcagefan
11-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
there are douches that are like 5'5" or something in the exit row seats :banghead: Fuck those were some long ass sleepless flights.

Manlets are in the same category as annoying child and obese passenger. Guys who are under 5'8 should enjoy the flight from inside a suitcase.

95EagleAWD
11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

I thought westjet got rid of their last old 737 a few years ago?

I'm flying Air Canada for the first time next week. Cgy-Toronto-Montreal. I'll update with my experience, but I don't have high hopes.

They did. The -600, -700 and -800 model 737s still have the same shitty cabin arrangements that they did 50 years ago. No legroom, tiny windows, narrow seats... The TV on WJ sucks, etc... Air Canada all the way for me if I'm staying in country.

And honestly, I don't expect much from an airline these days. If I get there alive, I'm a happy man.

extm88
11-15-2009, 09:40 PM
(quote)Haha... not really, I did get a better food menu to choose whatever I wanted (only 2 choices but who cares?) - that's about it...........................................(quote)
hahaha this guy has made this thread for me.
What was on the menu bro, i flew westjet to the peg last week and always wondered what kind of menu those people up front are reading. All i got was a pepsi and crackers but I think i saw steak or something on some guys plate. Can you confirm?

JRSC00LUDE
11-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Legless_Marine2
This shouldn't be a problem for me.

This should not go unappreciated, nicely played you dual-stumped bastard! :rofl:

Haha... not really, I did get a better food menu to choose whatever I wanted (only 2 choices but who cares?) - that's about it.

Whatever... I don't give a fuck in how you call me - who gives a hoot? See, I didn't ASK to be seated in first class in all events happened! Understand? Deal with it. :facepalm: They just happen to OFFER to me where I was sitting in my seat.

I could agrue, I could complain at Westjet's mistake with their misprinting ... but I didn't. You want to be an idiot and have a wailing small kid next to you for 2-3 hours stuck in flight? A total strange and scrowning passenager with her/his spouse seperated in different seat? No Thanks! You can have it, fool. :nut:

I just haven't been here as much as I should be for the last year and a bit but it's good to see incredibly stupid idiots like you are keeping the laughs rolling in. :thumbsup:

Mitsu3000gt
11-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I flew Air Canada once, and WestJet once this year. Both were pleasant experiences for the most part.

West Jet to Vancouver, then Vancouver to Hawaii and return. No issues at all, but their entertainment system sucked as the cable doesn't work for 80% of the flight or so. I ended up buying movies, not the end of the world. No delays or other issues.

Air Canada To montreal, then cuba, and return. No issues on the way there. On the way back, they overfilled economy so I got bumped to first class from Cuba --> Montreal. Another friend got bumped for giving up a seat so family could sit together. They overbooked the Montreal --> Calgary flight, and I didn't get on, but 10 min later they had me on a flight to Edmonton, 20 min after that I was in the air to Calgary, and I got a $200 voucher for my inconvenience. Fair compensation I would say, for less than an hour of inconvenience.

I can't sleep on planes in economy, so my preference is AC mostly due to the entertainment system.

CUG
11-16-2009, 03:18 PM

I'll take first class offered anytime whenever offered to me - I'll have more peace in there - even only for 2-3 hours. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Broseph, I don't think you're getting it. Since Zorro spelled it out for you and you didn't read it then, I'll bold it for you:

WESTJET DOES NOT HAVE BUSINESS, OR FIRST CLASS SEATING.

Everything you have said in this thread has been a complete lie. I cannot figure out why you would even try to maintain that you've ridden in business class on a westjet aircraft. It is completely insane.

TorqueDog
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
:rofl:

sneek
11-16-2009, 03:32 PM
I almost burst out laughing in class! hahahahahahaha West Jet first class hahahahahahahaha

I fly quite a bit, trust me when I tel you that Air Canada isn't all bad. UA is alright as well. I think Delta was the worst flight experience I have ever had! I think they will be the first to charge for arm rests!

One thing I like with AC is that *sometimes* they are more gentle with your luggage. Maybe it is just lock of the draw, but I have had a few bottles and a polisher destroyed by WestJet

almerick
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Prefer AC more than Westjet for their electrical outlet and media. But I really don't like plane rides at all. Especially going overseas. Even going to Hawaii was pushing it, maybe I am claustrophobic? Oh and airplane food isn't that bad, no idea what people say when they think it's disgusting?

quazimoto
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
You won't be saying United Airlines is good if you ever happen to get the 300lb flight attendants. Oddly enough I also find UA flies their planes significantly slower than other carriers on longer flights. I mean westjet from vancouver to maui is always around 5 hours when we flew UA from LAX it was over 6 hours and LAX is closer than vancouver.

My choice for worst carrier is North Western. I mean heck some of their planes still have ash trays in them.

I dislike the Air Canada Jazz planes, if it's regular AC flights i have no problem, but the jazz flights suck!

Trini
11-16-2009, 03:44 PM

X2

I usually just try and sleep for the entire flight.

freshprince1
11-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by HondaKid
Tall people did not chose to be tall, cannot say the same for the obese. They got fat three donuts at a time.

Fixed.

I fly AC quite frequently for work, and enjoy it (specifically, the Embraer Jets). For me, their entertainment system on the backs of the chairs (i.e. touchscreen movies, TV, documentaries...etc) makes all the difference. I flew Westjet back from Montreal a couple months ago and was bored to death with their crappy TV shows.

UA sucks....or is that American Airlines? Whichever is the one that has the stainless steel looking airplanes. Rode from YYC to Dallas. Absolutely terrible.

FiveFreshFish
11-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by freshprince1

UA sucks....or is that American Airlines? Whichever is the one that has the stainless steel looking airplanes. Rode from YYC to Dallas. Absolutely terrible.

American Airlines went back to the old seating configuration.

American Airlines quietly removed their “More Room Throughout Coach” (MRTC) product from their entire fleet in the 2005 time frame. Their current seat pitch is a very (unfortunate) common 31 inches in the coach cabin. The best seat pitch in a domestic carrier currently is United Airlines’ Economy Plus product, usually at about 34-36 inches pitch. This Economy Plus product is complimentary to United’s MileagePlus Elite members, as well as to those passengers who purchase access on an annual or per flight basis. JetBlue Airways also has seats with up to about 38 inches pitch if you pay a premium on top of the standard ticket. With the exception of exit and bulk-head rows, other carrier’s so called “preferred” seats offer no additional room comparing to other standard rows.

Source: http://seatexpert.com/blogs/ask_the_seat_expert/2009/05/20/american-airlines-more-room-throughout-coach-product/

Smokem
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by extm88
What was on the menu bro, i flew westjet to the peg last week and always wondered what kind of menu those people up front are reading. All i got was a pepsi and crackers but I think i saw steak or something on some guys plate. Can you confirm?

What pissed me off about my last flight with WJ was I was hungry as a beast coming home and they had their inflight menu (buy food on board) but the ppl up front got a chance to order their food, etc by the time it came up to me food to purchase was pretty much all gone.

Maybe that's what they were eating, and that's what buddy was talking about first class on WJ.

JRSC00LUDE
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Smokem

What pissed me off about my last flight with WJ was I was hungry as a beast coming home and they had their inflight menu (buy food on board) but the ppl up front got a chance to order their food, etc by the time it came up to me food to purchase was pretty much all gone.

Maybe that's what they were eating, and that's what buddy was talking about first class on WJ.

I can't believe 71car2 actually built a flux capacitor, travelled back in time to acrue a 64 trader rating and then held onto that trump card long enough to attempt a post that would thinly explain a small portion of the idiocy of his comments.

Perhaps he's not quite as stupid as I thought.

CUG
11-16-2009, 07:24 PM
I really wanted that 71car2 guy to show up and say something.

neonfan
11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
west jet has a private seating area. you guys dont see it because you enter the plain with all the small time people. i have seen it it is very exotic.

bituerbo
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
WJ just charged me $15 to book the emergency exit row (I'm 6'4).
$10 to book any other seat. To me the $30 round trip is worthwhile.

JJLuke
11-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Has anyone had luck with WJ's new booking system and pulling up old flights to change them?

Smokem
11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I can't believe 71car2 actually built a flux capacitor, travelled back in time to acrue a 64 trader rating and then held onto that trump card long enough to attempt a post that would thinly explain a small portion of the idiocy of his comments.

Perhaps he's not quite as stupid as I thought.

:rofl: Can't blame me for trying, I guess you got me there.

But in all seriousness, I am well aware there isn't first class on WJ, just trying to comment on extm88's post based on my experience.... however in hindsight I can see now how he was being facetious in his remark about steak being served.

Nitron88
11-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
AC will do anything to make an extra buck or two... I'm glad I can deal with regular seating on their aircraft when I am forced to fly with them, which fortunately, isn't very often at all as I am usually flying to the Island, Vancouver & Prince George.

WestJet is my preferred airline... AC can take a flying leap, pun absolutely intended.

US Airways are the cheap fuggers, 2 bux for pop, 2 bux for disposable earphones, 2 bux for washroom use, 2 bux to take off your shoe.

Good idea by Air Canada, but all airlines should have mandatory reserved seating with additional legroom for anyone over 5'10 for over 2 hours of flight. The cost of additional leg room for tall ppl should be free of charge.

Whomever created the standards for sitting leg room in planes. double :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Vagabond142
11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Urgggghhh... I flew Air Canada to Finland in 2006. I'm 6 foot dead, and was 250 lbs at the time (I am a big guy, Scottish blood sees to that <.<), and I had a window seat.... in economy.... oi. 20 hour flight (including stopovers and transfers, including a 3 km dash in 10 minutes through amsterdam to catch the connection) without sleep = as soon as I met my party in Helsinki-Vantaa, and we were on the road to Tampere, I conked out. And I would have GLADLY paid the $14 extra, both ways, for the transatlantic portion o_O