PDA

View Full Version : Signalling

Zhariak
11-13-2009, 06:13 PM
So for the past 3-4 months, the lack of signaling has been really getting to me. I see probably around 1 in 10 vehicles use their signals when doing something where signaling is required... Even those people who did signal, end up changing lanes again later, and don't...

I've always signaled, it's just normal action for me to do... I have to purposely think of it in order to stop myself from signaling when required...

So, reason why I'm posting, is. In the past 2 weeks, I've been driving with people from out of town... One from Vancouver, and One from Toronto (on seperate occasions), and after driving around with them for a bit going places, one asked me if signaling was optional in Alberta. The other asked me why noone signals...

I just assumed it was like this everywhere. Is it actually this bad only in Alberta?

TDKgirl
11-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Some people need to signal and some don't. I have never really signaled, personal choice I guess.

2EFNFAST
11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Signaling gives away your intentions to the enemy - refrain from sharing knowledge with your enemies if at all possible.

Sharpie
11-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I hardley ever signal to change lanes I only signal when I am making a left/right turn so if someone is waiting they can go. I hate when people dont signal when they turn.

adidas
11-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Signaling gives away your intentions to the enemy - refrain from sharing knowledge with your enemies if at all possible.

hahaha

the only time i will signal is when waiting for a parking spot at chinook!

chkolny541
11-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by TDKgirl
Some people need to signal and some don't. I have never really signaled, personal choice I guess.
wtf, some people need to and some dont..? its a fucking law!, EVERYONE needs to

Sapo
11-13-2009, 06:26 PM

"personal choice", you must be kidding! Pathetic and disrespectful behavior.

luxor
11-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Drivers who don't signal are tools. I have found that majority of people who drive in the deep south of Calgary do not signal, there are lots of people who drive like morons down there so I'm not all that surprised. Soccer moms are bad for that too, and they are totally unaware why you honk at them most of the time. Some people don't understand the benefits of signaling, especially the fact that signaling is for SAFETY.

I love those idiot who cut in front of you without signaling, nearly cutting you off, and continue to change lanes into one that ends at the end of the intersection as a right-turn only lane and THEN signal as they follow the curve of the road, how useless.

I've always been taught to signal, like wearing my seat belt, so it comes as natural for me when I drive. I think those who don't signal are either very lazy or just too retarded and shouldn't be driving in the first place.

luxor
11-13-2009, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Originally posted by Sharpie
I hardley ever signal to change lanes I only signal when I am making a left/right turn so if someone is waiting they can go. I hate when people dont signal when they turn.

Originally posted by adidas

hahaha

the only time i will signal is when waiting for a parking spot at chinook!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

WOW, these are definitely some quality drivers we share on our public roads everyday.
:barf:

slinkie
11-13-2009, 06:35 PM
why not signal...takes like five calories to flick a switch and could save your life lol

adidas
11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by luxor

WOW, these are definitely some quality drivers we share on our public roads everyday.

Bang your head against a brick wall, as your sarcasm detector is faulty!

bjstare
11-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

wtf, some people need to and some dont..? its a fucking law!, EVERYONE needs to

:werd:

speedog
Saw some doorknob on Deerfoot northbound doing just this - lane changes all over the place without signalling, tailgating, general jackass moves. Black Mazda 3 hatch, big fartcan, YHN-072 AB plates.

luxor
Originally posted by adidas

Bang your head against a brick wall, as your sarcasm detector is faulty!

Do you even know how to properly construct a sarcastic sentence? Obviously not, you fail.

:thumbsdow

slinkie
11-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Black Mazda 3 hatch, big fartcan

:angel:

2EFNFAST
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM

SRS question - what is your driving record like? i.e., accidents/tickets?

86max
11-13-2009, 07:09 PM
People that don't signal are the shit stain on the underpants of society.

speedog
11-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 86max
People that don't signal are the shit stain on the underpants of society. Nope, they're a little bit better than the shit stains that are the balloon boy's parents.

hampstor
11-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Are signal lights a factory or dealer installed option with a BMW? I wasn't ever really sure because a lot of people don't seem to get them. :dunno:

86max
11-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
Are signal lights a factory or dealer installed option with a BMW? I wasn't ever really sure because a lot of people don't seem to get them. :dunno:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/86MAX/options.jpg

hampstor
11-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by 86max

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/86MAX/options.jpg

I was not expecting that response to my joke :rofl:

Zhariak
11-13-2009, 08:05 PM
lol that's awesome...

I agree though, alot of people who buy cheap BMWs don't signal...

superboss
11-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I like the idiots who make a left/right turn and then put on their indicator light after the fact they had already made the turn. Always gets a smile from me followed with the finger!!!

Disoblige
11-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by superboss
I like the idiots who make a left/right turn and then put on their indicator light after the fact they had already made the turn. Always gets a smile from me followed with the finger!!!

lol.. I would be giving the finger at least 5 times a day if that happened. And 15 times a day to those who should have signaled and didn't :rofl:

Sentry
11-14-2009, 12:39 AM
There is justice in the world.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/11/school-bus-rams-other-driver-1492557

Stealth13
11-14-2009, 07:39 AM
I always signal when im driving my car, unless im texting or eating, or other things, then I do if i can reach my other arm around to hit the signal light button

Trini
11-14-2009, 05:41 PM
I always signal just a habit I guess

redsrt4
11-14-2009, 05:49 PM
i always signal and shoulder checking..

ShermanEF9
11-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by superboss

in edmonton i've gotten a few people do the "ill-turn-on-my-right-signal-but-go-left-and-cut-you-off"

theken
11-14-2009, 06:06 PM
My favorite is the woman that signals into the middle lane from the right lane then proceeds to go back into the right lane without signaling but leaving her left signal on while she makes a right hand turn. Love it.

95teetee
11-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Some people need to signal and some don't. I have never really signaled, personal choice I guess. true- the only people who actually need to signal are those who turn, make lane changes, etc.

Pollywog
11-14-2009, 07:35 PM
I always signal. Just like the OP, non-signaller's drive me nuckin futs.

rockanrepublic
11-14-2009, 10:04 PM
i signal 95% of the time; i sometimes change lanes at 3-4am on my way home without it.

Canmorite
11-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Always signal. People who come into my lane without signalling get a 5-10 second horn blast :rofl:

Toilet_D
11-15-2009, 11:59 AM

HAHAHAHA

Zhariak
11-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Another day of amazing Sunday driving...

Being on the road for 1 and a half hour, only saw 3 people signal...

It's getting stupid. Why aren't the police dishing tickets?

Gabe182
11-15-2009, 04:52 PM
I always signal its not hard to do and it bothers me if I dont do it,

When I go out for a spin tonight I'm going to look out for the non signalers. honestly, I dont even notice them anymore.

sr20s14zenki
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Haha i always signal, but for this summer, i had my bodykit front bumper on my s14, and it was meant for JDM signal lights, my usdm ones didnt fit, so i didnt put them in this year. ROFL, people were getting right pissed at me sometimes, like turning into tim hortons in airdrie. I have a set of signal lights for this year tho, so i shouldnt make people too upset.

:angel:

RotaryPower
11-15-2009, 05:00 PM
^^

I'm with Gabe182 on this one
I have to think about NOT signalling, and then when I do, even when theres no vehicles around it bugs me

:banghead:

nickcagefan
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
I always use my horn or hand gesture when I want to move over. This saves signal bulbs from burning out.

Zhariak
11-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by RotaryPower
^^

I'm with Gabe182 on this one
I have to think about NOT signalling, and then when I do, even when theres no vehicles around it bugs me

:banghead:

Totally Agree... I have to THINK and purposely not signal...

I donno if the other people don't signal because they have such bad memories and need to REMEMBER how to drive, or if they just think its cool...

Today I was driving on glenmore. Some dude in a F350 in the lane next to me (front bumper was 2 feet behind his back bumper) just changes lanes slowly without signalling as he's looking at me in his side mirror, like wtf?

slinkie
11-15-2009, 05:38 PM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4976/29267818.png

Zhariak
11-15-2009, 06:12 PM
i luv u :) lol

Kona9
11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Again, as I mentioned in another thread. I am getting used to people not signalling in this city. It's in the small traffic circles that piss me off. Mix people not knowng how to use them (traffic circles) with people that don't let anyone know there intentions when entering one. It's almost as much of a piss off as when people stop completely at them They must be the same breed as Merge Stoppers. At least I know my horn works well. Seriously I am concidering a train horn.

scat19
11-16-2009, 10:01 AM
1) When you stick your indicator on, it does NOT mean you can just start to change lanes. It's not the magic "you can lange change whenever you want stick."

2) I have cool L.E.D indicators that look really cool when they light up. Makes me wish I was the one lookin at 'em

Kennyredline
11-16-2009, 10:50 AM
How about the douchebags in pickups that cut you off, but actually DO use their signal...as if that makes it ok to almost crash into your fender.

Zhariak
11-16-2009, 11:37 AM
To be honest, if someone needs to get infront of me ASAP, either because the person infront of them is going slow, or they are going to miss their exit... Usually if they signal and waive, I have NOOOO problem whatsoever letting them in :)

71/454
11-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline
How about the douchebags in pickups that cut you off, but actually DO use their signal...as if that makes it ok to almost crash into your fender.

That's called merging, you're supposed to make a gap.

FiveFreshFish
11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by slinkie
why not signal...takes like five calories to flick a switch and could save your life lol

I wish this was true. I'd be done my cardio workout by signaling 120 times. :D

SCHIDER23
11-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by scat19

2) I have cool L.E.D indicators that look really cool when they light up. Makes me wish I was the one lookin at 'em
^^
:werd: :rofl:

Nah j/k I always turn my signals on, cause when my pops was teaching me to drive, everytime I forgot to turn them on, he usually smacked me on the side of the head to let me know I forgot :thumbsup:, now is just natural for me to turn them on when I need to move to a different lane , or when making a turn.:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
11-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by scat19

Lol, I used to think the same thing when I had my '67 Cougar...

4bUNpuHmVr4

Stealth13
11-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I signal when im not too busy texting or eating or other things to keep me occupied during work

topmade
11-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I always signal out of habbit, even when there are no cars around. Just like wearing a seatbelt, it just feels weird if I don't wear one while driving. Back in my younger years I had a friend who got chased by the cops and was signaling his turns cause he was scared as shit and wasn't paying attention haha. I hate it when people don't signal and I'll be an ass if I know they are trying to sqeeze in without signalling.

SCHIDER23
11-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Lol, I used to think the same thing when I had my '67 Cougar...

4bUNpuHmVr4 Shit that looks cool, hell if I had the same lights, I would probably be signaling like a mad man just cause I know they look good. :thumbsup:

Hatchback Hero
11-17-2009, 03:11 AM
People that don't signal deserve to be Clive Owen'ed like that film "Shoot Em Up". In my personal respects I signal to avoid any sort of accident with another vehicle. I couldn't even begin to count all the times people fail to reach the finger length to pop the flashy flash.

They are just lucky some people pay attention to the road. As opposed to eating a cheeseburger while smoking anything in general on top of talking on their cellphone whilst applying makeup and driving with their knees all at once.:barf:

Gabe182
11-17-2009, 03:41 AM
So I've been paying very close attention to other drivers signaling in the last couple of days, I've noticed that in this city 90% of drivers do signal (from what I've witnessed).

Now the 10% that I noticed didn't signal I kept my eye on them while I could. Almost all of the people that didn't signal the first time, continued not signaling. Most of these people where middle aged women driving SUVs or guys driving lifted trucks. Also it seemed as if these people really had no clue how to drive. Maybe they think they will get attention by not signaling :dunno:

Anyway, do you guys think its mostly woman in SUVs and guys in trucks?
And do you think they dont think signaling is important, or is it that they honestly dont know better?

FraserB
11-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Gabe182

And do you think they dont think signaling is important, or is it that they honestly dont know better?

I think they are just too foolish to care. Hell, I drive the worst combination of both those things, a lifted SUV, and somehow I still manage to signal.:dunno:

Gabe182
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

I think they are just too foolish to care. Hell, I drive the worst combination of both those things, a lifted SUV, and somehow I still manage to signal.:dunno:

HAHA a lifted suv! do you even have turn signal? lol

beyond_ban
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
What pisses me off is when people think that by using their signal they get instant, unhindered access to the lane they want to get into. Or the fucking people that signal but dont shoulder check and almost sideswipe you. I do however love the look on the faces when you honk and scare the shit out of them.

luxor
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM

Yeah a lot of lifted trucks and pick up trucks in general don't signal, those lifted truck guys are douche bags for lifting their trucks anyways, might as well not signal. Ricers and modded cars don't signal, they think they are super speed racers and therefore don't need to signal. Like my example of the moron in his RX-8 who signaled when he got to the the end of the turn-only lane, where he had to turn anyways, what a useless fool.

Go to south of Calgary and observe the driving habits there, you will very quickly see 50% of driver don't signal down there, especially near Mackenzie, Douglasdale etc. Also that area is coincidentally full of tools in lifted trucks. I hate driving anywhere near there, almost got into a few accidents down in that area so I stay far away. :thumbsdow

Gabe182
11-17-2009, 02:07 PM

Yeah a lot of lifted trucks and pick up trucks in general don't signal, those lifted truck guys are douche bags for lifting their trucks anyways, might as well not signal. Ricers and modded cars don't signal, they think they are super speed racers and therefore don't need to signal. Like my example of the moron in his RX-8 who signaled when he got to the the end of the turn-only lane, where he had to turn anyways, what a useless fool.

Go to south of Calgary and observe the driving habits there, you will very quickly see 50% of driver don't signal down there, especially near Mackenzie, Douglasdale etc. Also that area is coincidentally full of tools in lifted trucks. I hate driving anywhere near there, almost got into a few accidents down in that area so I stay far away. :thumbsdow

Yea I guess I'm mostly downtown so maybe signaling has something to do with where you live haha. Maybe I'll go down there to see if its as big of a difference as everyone says it is haha

ArjayAquino
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Yup, I live in Copperfield and there are a lot of drivers who don't signal. The pic below illustrates what happens to me everyday.

http://files.sharenator.com/11_FFFFFUUUUUUUUU-s580x439-25142-580.jpg

luxor
11-17-2009, 06:23 PM

Yea I guess I'm mostly downtown so maybe signaling has something to do with where you live haha. Maybe I'll go down there to see if its as big of a difference as everyone says it is haha

There is a well-known person on this board that claims he doesn't signal for lane changes in downtown. He justifies this because he doesn't believe he can make a successful lane change in downtown during rush hour if he signaled. The car of choice, I believe, was his BMW when he made that post. Those were his opinions so I did not bash or face palm him, but I'll leave it to you to guess who he is. I personally never had troubles signaling to change lanes, even in downtown rush hour. If one tool doesn't let me in, the person behind almost always does.

slinkie
11-17-2009, 06:32 PM
when in doubt...any combination of hazard lights, sheepish grin, and thank you waves can be utilized to make any traffic maneuver acceptable

Gabe182
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM

There is a well-known person on this board that claims he doesn't signal for lane changes in downtown. He justifies this because he doesn't believe he can make a successful lane change in downtown during rush hour if he signaled. The car of choice, I believe, was his BMW when he made that post. Those were his opinions so I did not bash or face palm him, but I'll leave it to you to guess who he is. I personally never had troubles signaling to change lanes, even in downtown rush hour. If one tool doesn't let me in, the person behind almost always does.

Did he used to have a tinted windshield :rofl:. JK scat I know that joke is old lol.

But seriously when I need to go into the next lane in rush hour I signal. Lets say there's 8 douche bags in a row that wont let you in, well it takes another 30 seconds to get in the lane.

If that ruins your day, take a couple of deep breaths and realize that its not worth putting yourself in a shitty mood.

ClearBluewater
11-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Signaling is only for noobs