PDA

View Full Version : Stamps' Teyo Johnson Stabbed

GREENBOY
11-13-2009, 03:16 PM
CALGARY - Calgary Stampeders running back Teyo Johnson was stabbed at a concert in the city last night, the Herald has learned.

Johnson, listed at 6'5" and 260 pounds on the Stamps' website, is currently resting in hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He will miss this weekend's playoff game against Edmonton, and backup Rob Cote will take Johnson's place in the starting lineup.

"He received a knife wound and spent the night in hospital, and he’s very doubtful, obviously, for this football game," said Stamps head coach and GM John Hufnagel. "The wound is not serious, it didn’t hit any vital organs, and that’s what I know. Right now, we’re concerned about Teyo, but it did sound positive that he will have a quick recovery."

It is unclear which concert Johnson was attending.

In 11 games this year, Johnson had 18 receptions for 172 yards and two touchdowns. A native of White Rock, B.C., Johnson has played with the Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals prior to signing in Calgary in 2008.

More to come...

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

2002civic
11-13-2009, 03:19 PM
WTF that hurts us against Edmonton missing two star WR already but I think we still have enough talent...

GREENBOY
11-13-2009, 03:22 PM
It happened at Tiesto last night.

gqmw
11-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by GREENBOY

Wow man, didn't see that happen last night.

We're definitely going to be missing a major force.

urban.one
11-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Edit: First reports said KISS. Now it says Tiesto.

Ntense_SpecV
11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
Edit: First reports said KISS. Now it says Tiesto.

While getting my jacket last night the guy in front of me mentioned that they stepped over a really bloody shirt and there was a fairly big pool of blood in the VIP area. I didn't see it so this is all third hand info. On our way home my buddy was talking about a Security guard holding up a knife - yet again I didn't see it, but this is starting to make sense.

Jlude
11-13-2009, 05:23 PM

In 11 games this year, Johnson had 18 receptions for 172 yards and two touchdowns. A native of White Rock, B.C., Johnson has played with the Oakland Raiders and Arizona Cardinals prior to signing in Calgary in 2008.

Originally posted by 2002civic
WTF that hurts us against Edmonton missing two star WR already but I think we still have enough talent...

Originally posted by gqmw

Wow man, didn't see that happen last night.

We're definitely going to be missing a major force.

Hope he's alright, but doesn't sound like he wasn't a big contributor. :rofl:

Masked Bandit
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Teyo's not a major force on the Stamps but they do use him a fair bit in short yardage situations.

Never bring your fists to a knife fight????

The_Rural_Juror
11-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Herald (http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Stamps+Johnson+stabbed+concert/2220560/story.html)

CALGARY - Calgary Stampeders running back Teyo Johnson was stabbed at a concert in the city last night, the Herald has learned.

Johnson, listed at 6'5" and 260 pounds on the Stamps' website, is currently resting in hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He will miss this weekend's playoff game against Edmonton, and backup Rob Cote will take Johnson's place in the starting lineup.

"He received a knife wound and spent the night in hospital, and he’s very doubtful, obviously, for this football game," said Stamps head coach and GM John Hufnagel. "The wound is not serious, it didn’t hit any vital organs, and that’s what I know. Right now, we’re concerned about Teyo, but it did sound positive that he will have a quick recovery."

It is unclear which concert Johnson was attending.

Kloubek
11-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Geee.... I wonder if it was the Kiss concert?!!?!

:nut:

iceburns288
11-14-2009, 02:48 PM
What kind of football do y'all play where you have 6'5" running backs? Jeeeeeeeez

Team_Mclaren
11-14-2009, 02:49 PM
^^ pretty fucking shitty!!! :rofl:

PGTze
11-14-2009, 04:58 PM
He's basically a Tight End, he's an important part of the offense blocking wise.

cannondale1
11-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Geee.... I wonder if it was the Kiss concert?!!?!

:nut:

you have a canucks sig, so this explains alot about you.

it was at the tiesto concert. he attended the kiss show but left for the vip area at tiesto after the kiss show ended.

there you have it.

Canucks3322
11-14-2009, 08:37 PM
^ Uhhh...he was being sarcastic....meaning that Kiss concert goers wouldn't stab other people, unlike all the little punk ass gang banger kids that went to Tiesto.

5hift
11-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288
What kind of football do y'all play where you have 6'5" running backs? Jeeeeeeeez

You mean like Brandon Jacobs/aka starting RB for the Giants?

colt22
11-15-2009, 02:00 AM
hes a tight end not runningback

iceburns288
11-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
You mean like Brandon Jacobs/aka starting RB for the Giants?
Yeah, well let's be honest, that's not exactly the norm. Brandon Jacobs is a big mother.

^Not like that sexy 5'9" DeAngelo up there.