PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy A Korean Car?

desmond
11-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Had this in another forum but was not convinced with the posts. Everyone knows that Japanese cars are the best. Korean car are the cheapest (i guess even compared to American ones). I wonder how is the resale value and the maintenance "headaches." Would you buy a Korean car?

C4S
11-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by desmond
Everyone knows that Japanese cars are the best. Korean car are the cheapest

Who is "EVERYONE" ??

:confused: :confused:

Eleanor
11-14-2009, 01:47 AM
:rofl:

jsn
11-14-2009, 01:57 AM
What's with all the trolls on beyond lately? Oh well, he probably won't make it to his second post.

Graham_A_M
11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
^With comments like "Japanese cars are the best",
lets hope so.
:facepalm:

preludez
11-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Had this in another forum but was not convinced with the posts. Everyone knows that Japanese cars are the best. Korean car are the cheapest (i guess even compared to American ones). I wonder how is the resale value and the maintenance "headaches." Would you buy a Korean car?

Korean car is getting sexy like Genesis..

A790
11-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Maintenance headaches? Do tell, please :)

86max
11-14-2009, 01:31 PM
"Everyone" knows you get:

- Cars from Germany
- Leather from Italy
- Rugs from Persia
- Bacon from Canada
- Tv's from Japan

Anything less is unacceptable.

ATARI
11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
hyundai is putting out some dece stuff, like who would be able to argue the genesis isnt nice.?

RecoilS14
11-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Im thinkin of trading in my truck and selling my 240 to get a genesis, I love em. Hell Road & Track and Car & Driver Magazines put the Genesis over the new Mustang GT's and Camero SS.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I would buy a used Genisis in a few years I think.

rev715
11-19-2009, 09:03 PM
mehh i dunno it would have to be in a few years after i can tell there is some sort of passion in thier cars and they are not just there to make them money.

calgarys_finest
11-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a 09 hyundai accent hatchback(who can argue with 198/month payments) so far i have no complaints i also got to test drive a gensis on my last oil change and it was awesome. In 3 years i will trade in my car and get one.

Diocletian
11-19-2009, 10:08 PM
The koreans are doing great work these days. I would have no hesitation buying one of their cars if I thought that they were making the best product in a category that I was looking at.

Xtrema
11-19-2009, 10:29 PM

What are you, 10 years old?

dino_martini
11-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Everyone knows that Japanese cars are the best. Korean car are the cheapest (i guess even compared to American ones).

The year is 1985 and......:

U-YO57X57Rc

muse017
11-20-2009, 01:07 AM
My family have owned two hyundai(Tucson, Veracruz) and two toyota(Sienna, Sequoia) and I absolutely love Hyundai. Our 2005 Tucson had zero problem except for a couple minor recalls. 2008 Veracruz is great so far. I would love to buy Hyundai product again. One thing I don't really like about all Hyundai vehicle is the transmission is not up to far with Toyota's.

gaman
11-21-2009, 07:08 AM

No- the reason is that korean cars are not known for quality like japanesse cars.

Viperelite
11-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Everyone knows that Japanese cars are the best.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You are seriously misinformed.

Japanese cars make me :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPmKbtCK-6o

sorry to burst your bubble but nothing about a Japanese car is performance.

I use to drive an old Delta 88 307 V8. Thing was built like a boat and could wipe any imports face all over the pavement.

Neil4Speed
11-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 86max
"Everyone" knows you get:

- Cars from Germany
- Leather from Italy
- Rugs from Persia
- Bacon from Canada
- Tv's from Japan

Anything less is unacceptable.

Lol, Canada has many more excellent products than Bacon. And good luck getting a TV made in Japan anymore.

mowglee
11-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Viperelite
I use to drive an old Delta 88 307 V8. Thing was built like a boat and could wipe any imports face all over the pavement.

Those cars are sexy :D
When Im out of school I want to get one of those as my summer ride.

gqmw
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Well hyundai has been increasing the quality of their cars as of recently and it has not come unnoticed. Of course the "you get what you pay for" theory is still in effect, you can't expect to pay a cheap price on a car and expect it to perform at the same level as a more expensive, better made competitor.

Although I might not be interested in purchasing one right now, perhaps a few years down the road I would be interested.

msommers
11-22-2009, 01:23 PM
^^Agreed, you do get what you pay for. That being said, I think the Korean car market has increased in a lot of aspects over the recent years. The problem there is still a stigma attached, much like there is to American vehicles, by the general public. I mean honestly, how many Jap/German lovers would consider picking up a Ford 10 years ago? Well, how many would now, probably a lot more of us (car enthusiasts) than one would expect.

derpderp
11-22-2009, 01:26 PM
/

01RedDX
11-22-2009, 02:37 PM

kvanderlaag
11-22-2009, 03:12 PM

You, sir, are an idiot.

Hugs and kisses,
The Internet.

Viperelite
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by kvanderlaag

You, sir, are an idiot.

Hugs and kisses,
The Internet.

How am i an idiot. You know its true.

funnyguy
11-22-2009, 05:03 PM
EVERYONE knows that it's all about Daewoo.

http://www.enginesandgearboxes.co.uk/images/makes/daewoo_logo1.jpg

Viperelite
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by funnyguy

I KNOW RIGHT! ( Sarcasm )

:drama:

Diocletian
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM

IS this a joke?

livinlarge89
11-22-2009, 05:44 PM
My dad had a 2006 Santa Fe, and no complaints about quality, but it wasn't a very enjoyable vehicle to drive. He did choose it after test driving a Rav4 and a CRV though so I guess that says something. He just bought the new Ram 1500 over a Tundra after driving both of them a few times, so that might also say something about the quality of domestics, he wouldn't have even considered a Ram even one generation ago.

My mom just went from an 01 Civic to a new Focus instead of a new Civic or other import after test driving pretty much every comparable car. I don't think many people would argue against the quality of Hyundai anymore, but I think that they were increasing their market share by taking advantage of domestic companies that were garbage for the last 20 years. The fit and finish of the vehicles, not to mention service that both my parents got from Ford and Dodge was much better than the import dealerships, without as much of a price premium as Honda and Toyota.

Don't get me wrong, all we've had in the family has been imports for years, but my parents aren't the only people that have traded in their toyota truck for a ford or dodge. I dont have have any particular brand loyalty but I do think it's interesting to see all these people I know buying new cars, and the choices they are making now compared to 5 years ago.

TL;DR: No, I probably wouldn't buy a Korean car at this point. I'd buy a domestic for the same price or a Japanese or European car at a bit of a price premium.

grwnded
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM
my wife drives an 07 hyundai sonata v6. it is a fantastic car. it handles well, has ample power (240hp), stability management, traction control, it's rdiculously quiet and there is a ton of room for people in the back seat.

interesting tidbit, by daily driver is an 09 mazda 3 sport. my wifes car has almost 100 more hp and it gets better gas mileage than mine.

i could see us buy another hyundai, the car has been great and has had no issues at all except for a small rattle in the passenger headrest which was fixed and hasen't made a peep since.

culebra
11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by funnyguy

which is now called
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2009/09/28/479167.1-lg.jpg
:rofl:

derpderp
11-25-2009, 12:31 AM

Aleks
11-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian

IS this a joke?

No it's not a joke. All Japanese cars are inferior compared to Euro cars. Everyone knows that. Only reason anyone buys cars from Japan is reliability :rofl:

traviswithaG
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
and after owning a civic and a corolla both with well over 300k on them and going strong. and everything still working on them . im looking foward to driving my rav4 till the day it still runs fine and i just want something else because it just wont die.

also straight line performance is gay so fuck american muscle :)

mr.13secprobe
11-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Lol, Canada has many more excellent products than Bacon. And good luck getting a TV made in Japan anymore.

Samsung(Korea) is taking over that title.

Sebasshole
11-26-2009, 02:24 PM
I worked at a hyundai dealer as an apprentice and hyundais are from what i noticed good reliable cars if they are 2001 and up.
We never had any problems with the v6 engines or the 4 cyl as long as they were maintained. The odd time yea something would fuck up but thats like any car, they have come a long way in the last few years.