PDA

View Full Version : Curling

2EFNFAST
11-14-2009, 02:48 AM
When doing bb/db/hammer curling, one thing you can do for more effectiveness/variety is to keep your back and head planted against a flat surface, like a wall or pole - this forces you to keep very strict form.

It sounds simple, but it makes a huge difference - on 'normal' curling, my form is decent (perfect compared to 98% of what other people do), but using the wall definately highlights that even with near perfect form, it's still nowhere near perfect. For example, standing there, back straight, no swinging, I'll db curl 60lbers*12. Use the wall and I'm down to 55lbers*7, but my biceps feel far more worked. (by far, I mean FAR because there's no where for your body to start cheating, even a little bit)

Try it for a few weeks and see =)

ExtraSlow
11-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Good tip, I'll try that.

But

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
. . . even with near perfect form, it's still nowhere near perfect. Made me lol.

kertejud2
11-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Just make sure that the draw weight is good and the out-turn should take care of itself.

And of course make sure those scrawny arms can get that 40 pounder across the hogline or else you'll be the laughing stock of the bonspiel.

2EFNFAST
11-15-2009, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2
Just make sure that the draw weight is good and the out-turn should take care of itself.

And of course make sure those scrawny arms can get that 40 pounder across the hogline or else you'll be the laughing stock of the bonspiel.

Okay then :nut:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

But
Made me lol.

Take a db or bb that you normally do 6-8reps with standing 'normally', go back/head against the wall, and try 6-8reps again to see what I mean ;)

97'Scort
11-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Haha I totally was going to offer curling advice too. Your thread title is misleading :)