PDA

View Full Version : Something to keep in mind on these roads

Pete92SL
11-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Many of you probably have AMA which covers winching, towing, battery service; lock smiths, locked doors, ect. If you do, keep this service and renew it if necessary.

Just an FYI: Petro Canada has a "towing" membership. A good side of this is that you can use your Petro Points to get this membership. If you were to buy this membership, it is the same cost of AMA (in the same price range)

Just so you know; it covers this:
Winching if your stuck -----On condition that your vehicle is drivable after it is pulled. If you can't drive it away, you pay towing fees.

No towing is free. They use City Wide Towing (which, by the way is a good company however they are pricy.)

No battery service

No locked door service

No locksmith service

Call centers that are based in Ontario.

Yeah....I have living on a crescent with RWD and 3 hills no matter which way I go.

I just thought I'd let you know. The truck driver said he thinks the Petro Canada assistance program is a joke.

Pete

littledan
11-19-2003, 05:35 PM
i have ama... they towed me for free on thursday after i smacked a curb... that driver was very good... only thing that choked me was when he slapped those magnetic tail lights on my trunk...

rc2002
11-20-2003, 10:11 AM
So they would charge you the same rates as AMA just for winching service? No towing, lock work, battery work. I think the money (or petro-points) could be better spent.

Davan
11-20-2003, 10:20 AM
It's all about free roadside assistance with the purchase of a new automobile! :thumbsup: :D

4wheeldrift
11-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Davan
It's all about free roadside assistance with the purchase of a new automobile! :thumbsup: :D I figure not getting stuck is the best way to go ;)

CLiVE
11-20-2003, 01:46 PM
AMA is very good. They pulled my car out when it got stuck in a giant hole in the road. Swore at me a few times, but didn't charge me a cent. Also when my clutch slave went at -30, no problems. However, be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait.

GTS Jeff
11-20-2003, 04:09 PM
ama is good shit, the plus membership is where its at.

ive used so many free 150km tows already :rofl:

T5_X
11-20-2003, 07:52 PM
haha, yet another reason for me to hate petro canada :guns: