PDA

View Full Version : 97'Scort's Stealth Oatmeal Cookies

97'Scort
11-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I call these "stealth" cookies because they look good for you but they're still packed full of sugar and butter. I like it when I can throw off the hippy tree-hugging granola fucks that live out here :) Sorry this one is low on photos, but they're pretty easy!

Stuff you need:
- medium and large mixing bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- baking sheet
- stirring spoons
- two teaspoons (you know, the small spoons that come with the forks and knives and large soup spoons)

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup each brown and white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 1/4 cup medium or large flake oats
- 1 cup raisins

Directions:
1. Get your slab of butter/margarine (remember, use the baking brick kind, not the stuff in the tub!). Soften it in the microwave in a bowl for about 20 seconds if it's been in the fridge, about 15 seconds if it's at room temperature already.
2. Put the soft butter and both sugars in your large mixing bowl and "cream" them together (just mix them up really well, crushing any big clumps of brown sugar as you go).
3. Add the egg and vanilla and give it another good mix.
4. This is a good time to start the oven preheat to 350F.
5. In your medium bowl, put the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Give it a really good mix with a fork (and I mean really good mix. You will be able to tell when it's done when the cinnamon is evenly distributed). Dump this in the large bowl and mix until no flour is left showing.
6. Add the oats and give a good stir. Then add the raisins and mix in. It will be really thick, so just go as long as you can. It's not a good idea here to use a hand mixer since it's so thick.
7. Using your small teaspoons, scoop out a bit and put it on the baking sheet. These shouldn't be much bigger than the bowl of the spoon with about 1.5cm height above the edge.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes (up to 15 if you like them crunchy), cool on a rack and enjoy! It makes about 30 cookies.

http://www.kg-dj.com/images/cooking/IMGP1104.JPG

xxxazntigerxx
11-15-2009, 10:11 PM
good job looks good

SScott
11-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice countertops

xxxazntigerxx
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
^^ ya matches his cookies

97'Scort
11-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by SScott
Nice countertops
Thanks! I like the granite, but they make it hard to take photos. They're such an odd colour for granite.

Skyline_Addict
11-16-2009, 12:27 AM
looks pretty damn good. i'm cravin' oatmeal and raisin cookies as we speak.

Vagabond142
11-16-2009, 09:20 AM
A nice variation on these is if you use chocolate chips instead of raisins :D The official name of this kind of cookie is a "drop cookie," and I'm not sure if that's because of how you're supposed to bake them ("drop" a big ball on the pan and let it selfflatten while baking) or for the fact that they are so bad for ya XD