PDA

View Full Version : And then there was boost!!!

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 11:02 AM
Okay, finally got the car working!! Thanks for the help to all of the guys that helped! Thanks rage, I think turbo cars just love rage or something! Finally hooked up the intercooler and DAMN!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm done now!! haha:thumbsup:

max_boost
08-26-2002, 11:55 AM
WHAT>?!?!
So your not going back to stock anymore?

You still have to take me for a ride

spyguy
08-26-2002, 01:14 PM
how does the car drive now?

Originally posted by LUDELVR
Okay, finally got the car working!! Thanks for the help to all of the guys that helped! Thanks rage, I think turbo cars just love rage or something! Finally hooked up the intercooler and DAMN!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm done now!! haha:thumbsup:

rage2
08-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Pretty damn fast for short shifting at 5000rpm.

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Pretty damn fast for short shifting at 5000rpm.

Hey, there's no more power past 5000!!!:rofl: No sense in trying to go that high!!:nut: :rofl:

legendboy
08-26-2002, 01:25 PM
Time to go back and get ur CT26 Back!

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Time to go back and get ur CT26 Back!

hahaha, no shit man, I wonder how that thing woulda worked!! Anyway, oh yah, the P/N on that msd thing is 8762.

Ed the SOHC
08-26-2002, 02:05 PM
I'm still not afraid... bring it on biaaaatch!!!!:devil: :guns:

redline
08-26-2002, 05:30 PM
So what was the problem?

shadowz
08-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Wow havnt seen your car in a while,

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by redline
So what was the problem?

the charge piping that I used was ASS!!! I thought that the flex tubing was air tight, but I guess it's only good for exhaust and not comperssed air!:dunno:

redline
08-26-2002, 06:19 PM

the charge piping that I used was ASS!!! I thought that the flex tubing was air tight, but I guess it's only good for exhaust and not comperssed air!:dunno:

:banghead: oh well at least it is fixed! are you losing boost past 5000rpm?

Ekliptix
08-26-2002, 06:46 PM
Awsome. Are you running at SS this Friday?

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 09:05 PM

:banghead: oh well at least it is fixed! are you losing boost past 5000rpm?

YUP!!! Just finished fine tuning my wastegate.....I could get a bit more technical, but not many people would understand what I was talking about!!! haha, actually, I'll tell you anyway, I just finished adjusting my coathanger (my wastegate) and I was able to hold a steady 7 psi all the way up to 7000, then I shifted cuz it got scary!!! hahaha. Some times, I could only get about 5 but 3rd gear pulls like a hippo!!! haha, we'll see how she holds up this week, but chances are that I won't take it to SS just yet. Possibly a 403 meet or something cuz I know there were a lot of people wanting to see the GTP (ghetto turbo prelude!) hahahaha:rofl:

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Wow havnt seen your car in a while,

As with you man!! Actually, I saw you today on 16th around 7 I think racing against another orange civic hatch and an accord right behind you!! Car's looking good man!! I was tempted to turn around, but even I don't condone e-brake turns on 16th ave!!! hahahaha:rofl:

CRXguy
08-26-2002, 09:07 PM
Dude, swing by my place and hook me up with a ride!!:D

Congrats man!! I have now restored faith in you...:thumbsup: :rofl:

RiceCake
08-26-2002, 09:22 PM
damn I should have asked you for a ride in that beast at pho today! :banghead:

Cograts on ironing out the little bugs! :thumbsup:

DSM Power
08-26-2002, 09:32 PM
What kind of turbo are ya running? :devil:

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
What kind of turbo are ya running? :devil:

running a t3 with a compressor ar of .60. fucker spools so fast!! haha. I'm just kinda regretting not setting up my ct26 when I had it. Kinda curious as to how it woulda worked. Oh well, I like the t3. T3 is good, but I think a t3/t04e would be better!! hahaha.:rofl:

redline
08-26-2002, 10:46 PM
well now that it is running again i will see if i can get you a better wastegate.

Superesc
08-26-2002, 11:45 PM
Scare the sh*t out of me when you floored it on Center and all I hear is the BOV... (I thought you were going to hit the car infront you turning left)

Ed the SOHC
08-27-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC
I'm still not afraid... bring it on biaaaatch!!!!:devil: :guns:

What??? you don't even acknowledge my last post? Are you that scared of me? haha. I've been waiting for this day for a long time... when that apprentice becomes the master! muhahahaha! :zzz:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 08:07 AM
well now that it is running again i will see if i can get you a better wastegate.

at this point, I don't even think I need a wastegate!!:eek: My coathangar seems to be doing a good job of regulating 7 psi!!! hahaha, but we'll see. I may even consider an external, but for now, my coathangar will do1!:thumbsup: :rofl:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 08:08 AM

What??? you don't even acknowledge my last post? Are you that scared of me? haha. I've been waiting for this day for a long time... when that apprentice becomes the master! muhahahaha! :zzz:

Oh I'll acknowledge it...as I'm passing your ass!!! hahaha!!! Really though, I can't wait to line up against you!! And just for the record...you'll always be the apprentice!! I made TC and I can unmake it too!! hahahahah:rofl: :rofl:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Superesc
Scare the sh*t out of me when you floored it on Center and all I hear is the BOV... (I thought you were going to hit the car infront you turning left)

Fucking thing is loud huh?? I love the sound that these things make!!!!!:love: :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-27-2002, 09:34 AM
thast awesome Leo..so glad to hear that you got that beast running..it was depressing readign about how you were goign to part everything out:thumbsdow..is yor wastegate serisouly rigged with a coat hanger how the hell did you pull that off...have you taken your skeptical dad out for a ride in it?..your probably the quickest, currently running turbo lude in Calgary..haha..right on:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
your probably the quickest, currently running turbo lude in Calgary..haha..right on:thumbsup:

hahaha, I think that this may be a completely substantiated statement!!!:rofl: :thumbsup:

Ed the SOHC
08-27-2002, 10:42 AM

I made TC and I can unmake it too!! hahahahah:rofl: :rofl:

Is that possible? How do you un-fry an egg?:dunno:

GreenLude
08-27-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
your probably the quickest, currently running turbo lude in Calgary..haha..right on:thumbsup:
How much power are you putting down Ludelvr?

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by GreenLude

well, considering that I'm pretty much the only running turbo lude (knock on wood) haha, it doesn't really matter!!! hahahaha
:rofl: :rofl:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 11:29 AM

Is that possible? How do you un-fry an egg?:dunno:

Oh I'll find a way!!! JB weld has pulled through for me on more than one occasion!! haha, and besides, it's unsscramble an egg fag!@!!!! hahahah:rofl: :rofl:

GreenLude
08-27-2002, 12:54 PM

well, considering that I'm pretty much the only running turbo lude (knock on wood) haha, it doesn't really matter!!! hahahaha
Not true :rofl: :rofl: :devil:

buh_buh
08-27-2002, 01:05 PM

my guess is that he's putting down around...... 160whp.

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 01:08 PM

What?? U mean there's another one? :eek: :rofl:

Ed the SOHC
08-27-2002, 01:55 PM

and besides, it's unsscramble an egg fag!@!!!! hahahah:rofl: :rofl:

That's not how it's said in mainland china... maybe the translation is got lost but the essence is still there.

OMOYYC
08-27-2002, 02:05 PM
Mr. Greenlude may have one himself?

GreenLude
08-27-2002, 02:27 PM

What?? U mean there's another one? :eek: :rofl:
It means they might be another one out there. :thumbsup:

cocoabrova
08-27-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

my guess is that he's putting down around...... 160whp.

Good job Leo :thumbsup: At least you kept it around stock #'s and not waaaay below... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 03:08 PM

It means they might be another one out there. :thumbsup:

Sweet!! r u in calgary?? I'm looking forward to checking out your setup!!:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by cocoabrova

Good job Leo :thumbsup: At least you kept it around stock #'s and not waaaay below... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup:

Hey man, I'm just trying to keep it conservative!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GreenLude
08-27-2002, 03:49 PM

Sweet!! r u in calgary?? I'm looking forward to checking out your setup!!:thumbsup:
Yup i'm in calgary. I'm looking forward to seeing yours :thumbsup:

buh_buh
08-27-2002, 03:50 PM

don't expect much.... seriously.
It looks like it wouldn't even work, but then BAM! 8psi out of nowhere! :rofl:

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 03:51 PM

It's nothing special...unless you like the junkyard!! hahah, anyway, what area do u live in? What gen of lude do u have and r u coming out to that lude meet in sept?

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

don't expect much.... seriously.
It looks like it wouldn't even work, but then BAM! 8psi out of nowhere! :rofl:

hahahahha!!!:rofl: :rofl: Fag!!! hahahahaha

But then again, it's funny cuz it's true!!!:rofl:

TomTom
08-27-2002, 06:16 PM
isnt it 3psi?

GreenLude
08-27-2002, 07:06 PM

It's nothing special...unless you like the junkyard!! hahah, anyway, what area do u live in? What gen of lude do u have and r u coming out to that lude meet in sept?
I'm down in the south by the rockyveiw. It's a 5gen and of course i'm coming to the meet.

LUDELVR
08-27-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
isnt it 3psi?

No man, got it working to regulate at around 7 psi and it will hold all the way to redline!! fuck man, sorry, needless to say, I'm no longer selling the kit!!:love:

shadowz
08-27-2002, 08:31 PM

As with you man!! Actually, I saw you today on 16th around 7 I think racing against another orange civic hatch and an accord right behind you!! Car's looking good man!! I was tempted to turn around, but even I don't condone e-brake turns on 16th ave!!! hahahaha:rofl: \

Hahaha ya I saw you, and I was with my buddies just rippin around

LUDELVR
08-28-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
\

Hahaha ya I saw you, and I was with my buddies just rippin around

Shit man, I just saw your car again on center st. The back is looking good man!!:thumbsup:

buh_buh
08-28-2002, 01:29 AM
The back is looking good man!!:thumbsup:
better cover your asshole Shadowz.:rofl:

shadowz
08-28-2002, 02:17 AM

Shit man, I just saw your car again on center st. The back is looking good man!!:thumbsup:

THANKS MAN I SAW YOU WHEN I WAS LEAVING BANANA JAKS, yea buh-buh i better watch out

thich
08-29-2002, 10:51 PM
ludelvr, the first time i saw your redone car (last month I think) I thought it was a ricer... didn't notice the TRD tails.. LOL
then i noticed the turbo sticking out of those hood "scoops"(?) and was like :drool: ..... dang man..... nice stuff!

buh_buh
08-29-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by thich
ludelvr, the first time i saw your redone car (last month I think) I thought it was a ricer... didn't notice the TRD tails.. LOL
then i noticed the turbo sticking out of those hood "scoops"(?) and was like :drool: ..... dang man..... nice stuff!
what are you talking about? He still is a ricer.

Greenlude: Do you go to MRC?

LUDELVR
08-29-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by thich

hahahha, I am a ricer!!! haha, just kidding...I think!:confused: :dunno: :rofl: This turbo doesn't protrude that much compared to the ct26 so it's a bit better, but I still need to make and finish my hood scoop soon!! hahahah