PDA

View Full Version : Muco Burrito - South Trail Crossing on 130 Ave SE

Pages : [1] 2

Kimchee
11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi,

I finally checked out Mucho Burrito at South Trail Crossing on 130 Ave SE (where the old RUCKERS used to be) and thought the food was fantastic, tasted very fresh. The atmosphere and decor was definitley alot nicer than the Beacon hill Store as it looks more upscale with big booths and even has a big LCD TV to watch games.

the staff was fantastic and courteous and the owners even came and introduced themselves and asked how our food was.
it's nice to see good customer service coming back into the "quick serve" industry.

i had the 14" mucho burrito chicken with hot salsa.....damn hot!....i'll definitely be going back as my work is pretty close!

Peace!

nonlinear
11-17-2009, 05:25 PM
hrm, nice try Kimchee, but I think that this type of shameless self-promotion is against beyond rules (seing as you are not a supporter, and all). not to mention that you're trying to defraud the entire beyond community by posing as a satisfied customer when, in fact, you own the place. when are folks like you gonna realize that you can't create your own word-of-mouth advertising??? it only backfires, like it did here.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Originally posted by Kimchee
Hi,

Mucho Burrito is a new fast food franchise in Calgary and we are looking for energetic people to join our team.

We are currently looking for both F/T and P/T positions as Front Line Staff (prepare meals in front line, cashier) and Kitchen Staff (prep food and assist Front Line). No experience is necessary as training is provided.

The location is in South Trail Crossing at #215, 4307 130 Ave SE, and we are looking to open on Aug 20, 2009.

Please email or call me at 403-870-9930 or [email protected] and forward me your resume if interested.

www.muchoburrito.com

thanks

Terence

nonlinear
11-17-2009, 05:40 PM
quoted because you're an idiot :rolleyes:

Hi,

I finally checked out Mucho Burrito at South Trail Crossing on 130 Ave SE (where the old RUCKERS used to be) and thought the food was fantastic, tasted very fresh. The atmosphere and decor was definitley alot nicer than the Beacon hill Store as it looks more upscale with big booths and even has a big LCD TV to watch games.

the staff was fantastic and courteous and the owners even came and introduced themselves and asked how our food was.
it's nice to see good customer service coming back into the "quick serve" industry.

i had the 14" mucho burrito chicken with hot salsa.....damn hot!....i'll definitely be going back as my work is pretty close!

Peace!

Jeremiah
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
quoted because you're an idiot :rolleyes:

In fairness to the OP.

THe last post in that thread was over 10 months ago, and he was reviewing the 130th Ave SE location whereas the other thread was for Beacon Hill...

EDIT

Good CSI Skills

PWND!

The owners came and talked to you?

So you sat in a booth watching tv talking to yourself. LOL at work being close to the location

SJW
11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
I now boycott mucho burrito out of sheer doucheyness.

nonlinear
11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

LOL at work being close to the location

HAHA, totally.... might have to put this in the 2009 quotes thread

i'll definitely be going back as my work is pretty close!

:facepalm:

nonlinear
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
oopsie!

<watch Paper Moon.>

Mibz
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=271813 C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

eglove
11-17-2009, 06:03 PM
WOW. even lowblows on the other location. nice work. hope you get fired or if you are indeed the franchise owner you get no staff to work for you.

scary_perry
11-17-2009, 06:10 PM
New one in Quarry Park is open.

me gonna get FAT!!!!!

best burrito in town IMO

small + beer is like $12

scary_perry
11-17-2009, 06:15 PM
The one in McKenzie is good and the owner is pretty nice - mid thirty asian dude. A bit of Velvetta and egg on his face is not enough to stop me going there.

He should throw Beyond some $$$ and give us all a coupon - $2 off burrito and a Dos Equis.

The Quarry Park one is across the street from my office.

Now all I need is Flying Wedge to open and I can begin my high intensity fat gaining program.

Disoblige
11-17-2009, 10:26 PM
hrm, nice try Kimchee, but I think that this type of shameless self-promotion is against beyond rules (seing as you are not a supporter, and all).

not to mention that you're trying to defraud the entire beyond community by posing as a satisfied customer when, in fact, you own or are employed by this place. when are you folks gonna realize that you can't create your own word-of-mouth advertising??? it only backfires, like it did here.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=271813

OH SNAP. Nice work!

Damn Terence, you suck.. You suck hard..

Oh hi!
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v225/953/118/n667580724_6401.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/tcwhang

Douche..

jcollings
11-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Terrence has no Whang.

nonlinear
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

OH SNAP. Nice work!

Damn Terence, you suck.. You suck hard..

Oh hi!
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v225/953/118/n667580724_6401.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/tcwhang

Douche..

nice! i wonder if that picture was taken in mexico, where he spent his formative years perfecting the art of authentic burrito wrapping?

uhh... doubt it :poosie:

SJW
11-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Define .......chinese and indian folks running mexican restaurants.

any of you see a problem?

nonlinear
11-17-2009, 10:44 PM
he is probably saving up cash to open his next Muco Burrito store in that Chinese mall posted in that other thread. just imagine it,

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/0/2/A79D0D78-CA7F-25E8-3E53B9F442F69DE7.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/8/5/A79D0BA4-F85D-FE63-7130CF4A8042056F.jpg

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/jan2009/5/1/A79D0EDF-0F9D-2900-0AB41C0EE860603C.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9498/muco2.jpg

Disoblige
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
^^^ WTF ! :rofl:

But seriously..

Hi,

it's nice to see good customer service coming back into the &quot;quick serve&quot; industry.

i had the 14&quot; mucho burrito chicken with hot salsa.....damn hot!....i'll definitely be going back as my work is pretty close!

Peace!
That's hilarious.. How can you even take pride in yourself when you're posting this kind of BS on here? And haven't you learned that there's no such thing as a free lunch? You probably have now because this sure backfired on you.

+1 BAN

scary_perry
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
LOL

Pizza Huh?

Taco WUH?

SJW
11-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Is it Muco or Mucho?

Because Muco is defined as mucous.

nonlinear
11-17-2009, 10:58 PM
well, officially it's Mucho Burrito, but in the thread title he calls it Muco Burrito...

just sayin' :rofl:

SJW
11-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Fuckin stupidity. God I hate people. I pray for an asteroid.

TYMSMNY
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
btw.. isn't it "MUCHO BURRITO"? and not Muco. Talk about inexpensive advertising.

Jeremiah
11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SJW

Don't worry, the Mayans predicted the apocalypse in 2012.

Disoblige
11-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by SJW

Man, imagine the stupidity that will occur if an asteroid will be predicted to hit us. The worse I've seen thus far in my life was the Y2K stuff. Went to Wal-Mart and saw so many people buy bottled water, canned foods.. etc.. Yeesh..

n1zm0
11-18-2009, 09:15 AM
seems like competition for taco del mar on 130th, was willing to try this for a change but this advertising fail has deterred me, good job OP :rofl:

i'll definitely be going back as my work is pretty close!

like from the kitchen to the seating area?

Pollywog
11-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi,

it's nice to see good customer service coming back into the &quot;quick serve&quot; industry.

i had the 14&quot; mucho burrito chicken with hot salsa.....damn hot!....i'll definitely be going back as my work is pretty close!

Peace!
Simply because of your dumb-faggotry self promotion I will choose not only to never eat at a Mucho Burrito establishment, but also make sure that no one I knows does as well.

Mission failed.

nj2Type-S
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
i'll check out the mucho burrito location in quarry park as long as the OP's family doesn't own that one, too. LOL, can anyone find out? hahah

kevie88
11-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I heart Mucho Burrito.. delicious!
I'll still go there!

Godfuader
11-18-2009, 02:22 PM
HAHAHAH Beyond CSI! Finding out the truth 11 times out of 10! :rofl: :rofl:

I still like the Beacon Hill location, and will not paint the douchness brush on the franchise due to one bad rep. What the OP should have done was to introduce the new location as his, and maybe offered a 10% discount for the first week. Fail :thumbsdow

sputnik
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader
and maybe offered a 10% discount for the first week

:rofl:

Discount?

Did you not notice that the owner is Asian?

Disoblige
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I wanna see OP reaction to this thread, and he doesn't post here often so it might be a while :rofl:

Kimchee
11-18-2009, 02:50 PM
hi guys,...My name is Terence and i am the owner of Mucho burrito...

just to put this to rest, a customer who wanted to write this for me doesnt have a beyond account and used my account to post his experience and thoughts to help out my business, obviously it was a mistake.....we thought it would be a great way to advertise and promote our business as we are just starting off.

sorry if any of you are upset, as i didnt mean to spin this off in a deceiving way....it was a customers honest opinion of the store.

thank you.

LowRiderHD2000
11-18-2009, 02:54 PM
I walked in today. Took a stinky shit in the bathroom and left. :thumbsup:

nonlinear
11-18-2009, 02:54 PM

just to put this to rest, a customer who wanted to write this for me doesnt have a beyond account and used my account to post his experience and thoughts to help out my business, obviously it was a mistake.....we thought it would be a great way to advertise and promote our business as we are just starting off.

sorry if any of you are upset, as i didnt mean to spin this off in a deceiving way....it was a customers honest opinion of the store.

thank you.

i think we're bein' played like a watari. :
rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

but if not, that's some GREAT service you provide. letting your customers use your personal beyond account, and all... :facepalm:

mac_82
11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
If this is anything like Burrito Boys in Toronto I will check it out when I am back for Christmas, regardless of this thread. I miss good burritos like I miss Viet subs.

Disoblige
11-18-2009, 03:10 PM

thank you.

I call Bullshit.

Look at how you type in your other posts way back..

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2630679#post2630679
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2656847#post2656847
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2605915#post2605915
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2744113#post2744113
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2810422#post2810422
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2210858#post2210858
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2129527#post2129527
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1993113#post1993113

That's just less than 3 pages worth of your total posts on Beyond but anyone could look in your profile and find out that's how you type.

3 dots in between sentences, and you even said "Hi" the same way in some of your posts. Dude, you even posted that the CUSTOMER was the one who wrote on your account and you still used the same way of how you wrote for your ads and original post. WTF? At least try to make it look different.

With that said, I actually would have respected it if you admit you fucked up and apologized rather than make another EXCUSE that you had a "customer review" to save face. You're fucking pathetic.

ddmmak
11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Yo... I've been to this location several times and I have found the food great! In all honesty, the owners do in fact go to each table and introduce themselves and ask how the food is. I find that this was a great experience as compared to other establishments as in what other food chains have the owners come to your table and talk to you?

I also noticed that everything was clean, service was prompt and their servers were polite and friendly.

I don't really care how the OP types up his posts.. if the food is good I'll go back

I think the guys are just trying to start off their business and are trying to spread the word. I would do the same if I opened a business up. I don't see any harm in doing that.

R-Audi
11-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Even if he is the owner.. and it is selfless promotion.
As long as he has eaten there and enjoyed it.. whats the big deal? Sure it may be biased.. but a review is a review.

Terrence:
Have you eaten your food? Is it good?

Sure it was sneaky.. but can't blame a guy for trying to help his business out.

Beyond discount? ha ha

nonlinear
11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ddmmak
Yo... I've been to this location several times and I have found the food great! In all honesty, the owners do in fact go to each table and introduce themselves and ask how the food is. I find that this was a great experience as compared to other establishments as in what other food chains have the owners come to your table and talk to you?

I also noticed that everything was clean, service was prompt and their servers were polite and friendly.

I don't really care how the OP types up his posts.. if the food is good I'll go back

I think the guys are just trying to start off their business and are trying to spread the word. I would do the same if I opened a business up. I don't see any harm in doing that.

hahaha, another unbiased review, eh?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/76169/fs-1999-hyundai-tiburon-se/

Disoblige
11-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I just fucking hate liars, especially when he got caught and still lied to save some face. Shows what kind of person he really is good food or not.

Disoblige
11-18-2009, 04:31 PM

hahaha, another unbiased review, eh?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/76169/fs-1999-hyundai-tiburon-se/
WTF. Lost all respect. See what I mean about trying to save himself? 3rd time he tried and he just dug himself deeper. I can't believe you actually got your friend to immediately write a review after I just called you out a 2nd time only to get caught by nonlinear again.

Get lost man...

Originally posted by R-Audi
Even if he is the owner.. and it is selfless promotion.
As long as he has eaten there and enjoyed it.. whats the big deal? Sure it may be biased.. but a review is a review.

Sure it was sneaky.. but can't blame a guy for trying to help his business out.

Sponsors pay here for a reason. I still had a tiny bit of respect for him the first time he tried to pull the stunt. But then instead of owning up to it and taking responsibility of his own actions, he tries to deny it was his doing and tried to make a BS story about how a customer wanted to review but didn't have an account. Then after I called him out on how similar his review was to his actual posts, he gets his friend to post a positive review only to be caught again.

In this world, it's damn hard to find people who take responsibility for what they did. Shame really, because all I really wanted was for you to admit you fucked up. Now it's too late.

nj2Type-S
11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
the OP can still rectify the situation by simply giving discounts for beyond members, hehe.

i friggin love burritos so i'll check it out, anyway. :drool:

eg_eric
11-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
the OP can still rectify the situation by simply giving discounts for beyond members, hehe.

:thumbsup:

Kimchee
11-18-2009, 06:21 PM
wow, this has really gotten out of hand, my apologies.

looking hindsight, i now realize i should have started this post from my point of view, rather than writing it with my customer from his point of view (obviously working here 15 hrs/day i get to really know our regular customres! lol). We thought it would be a great positive way to get the word out and grow our young business.

this is definitley a lesson learned and apologize if this offended anyone. There was no intent to offend anyone, just trying to get our word out, obviously the wrong way to do so.

Anyways, if anyone has a chance to check us out, come on by to Mucho Burrito at South Trail! And if you mention this thread, chips and salsa are on me to make this better!!....thanks guys.

Thanks again.

Terence.

nj2Type-S
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
OP, you've got to understand that there are paid sponsors on this site that pays to advertise their business. if you'd like to advertise your business on here, i suggest becoming a paid sponsor.

that being said, writing a review about your own restaurant and saying it was someone else's comment is shady. if the food is good, just let the customers do the talking. :thumbsup:

Kimchee
11-18-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks for the feedback nj2type-S, greatly appreciated.

i'll have to talk to the other franchisees and see if we can get a beyond discount....or at least have it at my store for now....

SJW
11-18-2009, 07:45 PM

i'll have to talk to the other franchisees and see if we can get a beyond discount....or at least have it at my store for now....

All smooth talking aside....you're still a douche.

nonlinear
11-18-2009, 07:48 PM
just promise us that you won't stop selling burritos and instead start selling korean food under the table.

Disoblige
11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
wow, this has really gotten out of hand, my apologies.

looking hindsight, i now realize i should have started this post from my point of view, rather than writing it with my customer from his point of view
..Rather than writing it in your "customers" point of view, then lying about it, then getting caught with another scheme again with your buddy..

No, more like you should have realized you shouldn't have started it, and if you did, delete it.

this is definitley a lesson learned and apologize if this offended anyone. There was no intent to offend anyone, just trying to get our word out, obviously the wrong way to do so.

Anyways, if anyone has a chance to check us out, come on by to Mucho Burrito at South Trail! And if you mention this thread, chips and salsa are on me to make this better!!....thanks guys.

Thanks again.

Terence.
Also, why would any of us mention this thread? So you can spit in the food?

And to finally end it off, you still are trying to advertise your South Trail location even though this was "definitley a lesson learned and apologize if this offended anyone". Great lesson learned :rolleyes:

Talk to other Franchisees for Beyond? Yeah like that's going to happen Terence. Trying to pull one on us again? I mean sure, I would believe your location only but ALL locations too? I find it VERY hard to believe you're going to ask all franchises and then tell them another bullshit reason why Beyond should get a discount. I mean certainly you're not going to tell them you fucked up if you can't even admit initially that you fucked up on an online community and then lied about it. Stop trying to sugarcoat everything.

You know why I'm still on your case? Because look at the amount of shit coming out your mouth. It's fucking unbelievable. Even when you apologize, shit is just oozing out everywhere. Just delete all your posts and leave.

rizfarmer
11-18-2009, 08:25 PM
:rofl: hahaha where to start... I just ate their today before I saw this thread, I have to say it's the best burrito I've ever had *in Canada* that wasn't in a full out resturant.

I've actually gone there quite a few times since they opened because I work across the street and the guy seems like a sincerely nice guy; you can hear it in his posts. Although it was pretty douchey to try and plug his store like that the only thing he's guilty of is being too naive to think this would go unnoticed on beyond and not being aware of how much time some beyond trolls have on their hands to do a post count search on someone's entire account just to try and burn them. You fags know who you are... get a life.:drama:

Kimchee: good try anyway bahahaha:rofl: burn

dj_rice
11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
just promise us that you won't stop selling burritos and instead start selling korean food under the table.

Introduce a KIMCHEE burrito!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had a bulgogi pizza here in Edmonton and its da bombbbbbbbb

Disoblige
11-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by rizfarmer
:rofl: hahaha where to start... I just ate their today before I saw this thread, I have to say it's the best burrito I've ever had *in Canada* that wasn't in a full out resturant.

I've actually gone there quite a few times since they opened because I work across the street and the guy seems like a sincerely nice guy; you can hear it in his posts. Although it was pretty douchey to try and plug his store like that the only thing he's guilty of is being too naive to think this would go unnoticed on beyond and not being aware of how much time some beyond trolls have on their hands to do a post count search on someone's entire account just to try and burn them. You fags know who are... get a life.:drama:

Kimchee: good try anyway bahahaha:rofl: burn
Suuure, because you know it takes more than 3 minutes to do such things. Also, I'm sick at home and this is entertaining. You can call it trolling all you want (you don't even know the meaning of a troll if you're calling me one) but I said it before, I hate liars. In fact, you're more of a troll than me based on how you're using the word considering you're stretching the truth in your post just to flame me (saying I searched his entire post profile) and you don't even know how to use periods to present a valid argument. Anywho, I'm done beating a dead horse. Thread has shown people don't really change.

Edit: And I'm in it for the lulz too to a certain extent. I just have a more serious tone. :D In fact, it's thanks to nonlinear and me that Beyond's getting free chips and salsa. :rofl:

nonlinear
11-18-2009, 08:37 PM
for me, it's not about the restaurant OR the food... I just love being humored at some poor idiot's expense :poosie:

i'm sure he's a great guy, and i'm sure the food is good too, so stop trying to support this dimwit and let's enjoy some fuckin' lulz!!!!!

SJW
11-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I wouldnt buy a burrito from there even if it was shaped like a fleshlight.

scary_perry
11-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
i'll check out the mucho burrito location in quarry park as long as the OP's family doesn't own that one, too. LOL, can anyone find out? hahah

Pretty sure its the same owner as Extreme Pita - Indian fellow, nice guy. He cleaned my table when I was done my awesome Falafel Pizza (I invented it and should get free food for life). I admire and owner that gets his hands dirty.

scary_perry
11-18-2009, 08:52 PM

thank you.

hmmm.... sympathy circuits are shorting....

[edit] chips and salsa fix everything, going tomorrow

Terrence has great staff and the food is awesome. He should buy a banner on here and just sit back and reap in the dough.

rizfarmer
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
You fags know who you are...

Originally posted by Disoblige

Suuure, because you know it takes more than 3 minutes to do such things. Also, I'm sick at home and this is entertaining. You can call it trolling all you want (you don't even know the meaning of a troll if you're calling me one) but I said it before, I hate liars. In fact, you're more of a troll than me based on how you're using the word considering you're stretching the truth in your post just to flame me (saying I searched his entire post profile) and you don't even know how to use periods to present a valid argument. Anywho, I'm done beating a dead horse. Thread has shown people don't really change.

Edit: And I'm in it for the lulz too to a certain extent. I just have a more serious tone. :D

at least you manned up and answered your calling.

Disoblige
11-18-2009, 09:07 PM
No problem, I am indeed a man. If I choose to call someone out, I don't need to indirectly call someone a fag and pluralize it to make it seem like it's more than one person.

xxxazntigerxx
11-18-2009, 10:44 PM
what a fag im never eating at kimchee place lie on top of lie

Jeremiah
11-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by xxxazntigerxx
what a fag im never eating at kimchee place lie on top of lie

LAWLS

Your username reminds me of these kinds of T-Shirts

http://www.tillys.com/tillys/images/catalog/300x300/149887100.jpg

http://hiphopxtra.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ed-hardy-mens-tiger-short-sleeve-dip-dye-tee-in-red.jpg

Your posts confirm you wear these kinds of T-Shirts

nonsane
11-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Kimchii

You paid cjay for advertisements. Why do you cop out on beyond?

I had every intention of going as i live nearby until this.

If you make your food this half assed you're in trouble.

nj2Type-S
11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
i tried the one in quarry park. the food was pretty good but now my stomach wouldn't stop rumbling...haha!

nonlinear
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
OK well we just got back from lunch at Mucho Burrito, and I have to say it was an overall great experience. We live in Acadia and aren't at all familiar with the strip mall jungle that is 130th ave SE, however after driving through that congested mess for about 10 minutes, we finally found it. We walked inside and were happy to see there was quite a bit of activity in there - I would say 6 or 7 tables of people. tables with people is always a good sign :)

Mucho Burrito is very similar to Chipotle, both in terms of the menu as well as the Subway-style ordering and assembly process. Upon approaching the counter, we were greeted by the VERY friendly staff... a girl, a guy, and then our buddy Terrence down at the cash register. The menu offers various-sized burritos, tacos (alas, in flour tortillas), as well as some kind of 'create-your-own-adventure' type of soup thing. For the burritos and tacos, you can choose from different meats like barbacoa (shredded bbq pork), shredded beef, grilled or roasted chicken (couldn't tell), breaded tiliapia (couldn't tell if fried or roasted), etc. They also have beans (black or pinto), fajita-style veggies, and rice. Then, they top it off with cheese, your choice of 4 salsas, burrito sauce, and finally cilantro and diced jalapeno. whew!

I went for a medium (12") chicken burrito. I was hoping that the chicken would be the more-traditional shredded and stewed type, however at Mucho Burrito it is cubed and grilled or roasted. When I asked for chicken and then saw her scooping up the cubes, I was afraid it was going to be really dry, but it was still pretty moist once in the burrito. I would still prefer shredded and stewed chicken, but there was nothing "wrong" with the cubed chicken. I opted also for the "hot" salsa. The guy asked me if i'd had it before, and being my first time there, i said 'no.' he gave me a sample on a chip to make sure it wasn't too hot. I really thought that was cool. (I also noticed him giving the guy in front of me samples of the meat on toothpicks, so the guy could decide what kind to get). I also got a Mandarin Jarritos, which is a really awesome mexican soda made with cane sugar. Terrance asked me if I'd had it before, and having grew up in the US where it's pretty common in the latin restaurants and markets, I said yes. I think he was just trying to start some convo, though, which was pretty cool.

so the food was pretty awesome. again, these are not terribly authentic burritos, but they do kinda fill that chipotle niche which is so sorely lacking in calgary. My burrito turned out to be just a bit too spicy for me - but I could still eat it. I'm not sure if it was the hot sauce i had the guy put on, or my request for additional diced jalapenos at the end, but it sure had a kick to it. "muy picante," as an earlier poster pointed out.

my dining partner had 2 tacos, but I was too engrossed in my burrito that I didn't really have a chance to check them out. However, they were in flour tortillas, and made of the same ingredients as the burritos, so really I think they are just like 'mini-burritos.' I think i would rather get my taco fixes at Mi Tierra.

But again, we had a really great experience at Mucho Burrito. Nice 'energetic' atmosphere, extremely friendly staff, and really good food. will be going back for sure. thanks terrence :thumbsup: (this thread and your sales tactics are still giving me luls, though ahahha)

Tik-Tok
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
OMFG! Terrance killed nonlinear and hacked his Beyond account!

xxxazntigerxx
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM
^^ lol

RY213
11-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Did you tell Terrance that you were Nonlinear from Beyond when you saw him?

Wraith
11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Hah, either way this thread probably brought him more business. I checked it out the other day for lunch and it was damn tasty. Will be coming back in the future

nonlinear
11-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by RY213
Did you tell Terrance that you were Nonlinear from Beyond when you saw him?

nah, but i'm sure he would have treated me just as well, cause he's a definite stand up guy.

4doorj
11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
I found this thread funny, but I love burritos. Never been to a Mexican restaurant that I liked in Calgary so I thought I would try this out with even all this negative things being said.

I was very surprised the food was really really good! I had the carne asada medium size with hot sauce. First time I've ever had hot sauce that was actually hot :thumbsup: It was actually too hot for me I was struggling eating it hahahahhaa. Im not that good with hot stuff as I used to be. The burrito was really big, I was soooooo full I could barely finish it. I told him I was from beyond and he gave me the chips and salsa for free. From this thread I was thinking he was going to be a douche but he was a really really nice guy.

Overall I was really happy. Good food, nice place, good service. I will definitely go again! Wayyy better then that mexican place across the street by mcdonalds. That place is gross. Went there once and never will go back there again.

jones123
11-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Gondi Stylez
12-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Hmmm I'm gonna have to check this place out!

clem24
12-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Did you even go to the right restaurant? You went to Mucho Burrito but OP works for Muco Burrito...

visualk
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I recently went and checked this place out. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised...the food was actually really good. The staff was helpful in deciding on selections and at the end of the process where you go to pay, you see Terence -as desribed by the above posts he is a stand up guy, I would go back again.

jamsandwich
12-05-2009, 12:53 AM
It's funny. Skimmed the first page of the thread and then realized it was four pages long, so I fast-forwarded here... reading nonlinear's review, I realized this must be the same place as the Mexican place up at Beacon Hill.

I've been there once, and I like this take on Mexican fast food. I prefer Chipotle, but Muc(h)o seems better (and probably healthier) than what you'd get at other fast Mexican places in Calgary. Didn't realize they had one off 130th. I think that's where I'll get food next time I'm over in that part of town (got one friend that deep south and when we have a get-together there, we always end up getting take-out).

As a sidenote, that whole "power centre" there is brutal -- all the parking areas seem so tight and cramped compared with similar places around town (Beacon Hill, Westhills, etc.)... with too little parking.

sputnik
12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
The food at Mucho Burrito on 130th is FANTASTIC!

Went there last sunday with my wife and we both had the Tilapia quesadilla with hot salsa and it was REALLY good.

They noticed that it was our first time there and the staff gave us a complete tour of the menu to help us order.

The meat and other toppings are really fresh and for being "fast food".

The Mexican sodas they have are also really good.

I would definitely go again.

Two thumbs up!

Seanith
12-05-2009, 12:09 PM
So where exactly on 130th is it?? Everytime I drive around that area I don't seem to notice it. What's it beside?

4doorj
12-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Its by rickys.

01RedDX
12-05-2009, 02:59 PM

nonlinear
12-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Seanith
So where exactly on 130th is it?? Everytime I drive around that area I don't seem to notice it. What's it beside?

haha yea, that's cause that entire area has the most fucked up road/parking lot traffic design the tne entire fucking city :banghead:

it's right on the southeast corner of the deerfoot/130th intersection, next to the ricky's and across from Mr. Lube and CIBC.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
But why would you not tell him who you were, being the brave crusader for truth? JK

cause in all seriousness, i'm a completely nice, courteous and outgoing dude in person, and don't want my beyond douchebaginess to tarnish me real life hahahah. ;)

Seanith
12-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Just tried Mucho burrito out today with my gf! I had to say it was great and the food tasted authentic! I've been to mexico several times and it definitely reminded me of the food there. Terrence and his brother Alvin were both excellent and very friendly. They even gave me free chips and salsa since I had mentioned beyond :) I had the medio burrito w/carne (steak) and my gf had a quesadilla w/ pollo. I even had a mandarin mexican pop. It was our first time and everything was explained to us, and I don't we were charged for some extras we tacked on to our meals. All in all it was a great experience in -27C weather, and we'll definitely go back soon.

rizfarmer
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM

haha yea, that's cause that entire area has the most fucked up road/parking lot traffic design the tne entire fucking city :banghead:

Yup and I have to deal with it every fucking day

rizfarmer
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
oh and thanks to the mod who deleted my sig today; I'm not quite sure what was wrong with it since it hasn't really changed in a year. but I guess that's what you get paid to do:whocares:

nj2Type-S
12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
mucho burrito's hot sauce is freakin' spicy! i'll stick to mild, thanks! hahah!

alloroc
12-15-2009, 07:05 PM

nah, but i'm sure he would have treated me just as well, cause he's a definite stand up guy.

I eat there all the time as well.

max_boost
12-16-2009, 01:46 AM
LOL!

Just need disoblige to go and post his review. I just scanned through thsi thread, hope I didn't miss much else haha

eb0i
12-29-2009, 05:15 PM
So I went to the Mucho Burrito on 130th Ave S.E. today and it was AWESOME!

I had 12 inch Tilapia Burrito with Habanero Salsa + chips and salsa and it was amazing! It was definitely nice to see fish as a meat option.

I definitely would recommend to others. The price was decent and the food was awesome. Service was great too. :thumbsup: :drool: :drool:

DENZILDON
12-29-2009, 06:30 PM
dang, I need to check this out soon!

phreezee
02-13-2010, 04:23 PM
Tried this today at Beacon Hill.
Head and shoulders above any other fast food mexican chain.
We had the chorizo, beef, and chicken tacos and quesadillas. The ingredients were all fresh and everything tasted great. Loved the hot salsa.

Weapon_R
02-13-2010, 04:25 PM
For those that know, is the concept similar to Qdoba in the states?

InRich
02-13-2010, 04:38 PM
man I have no idea wtf you guys are talking about... I went there the other day, the food was TERRIBLE.... I shoulda gone to taco bell, its better and cheaper.

nonlinear
02-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
For those that know, is the concept similar to Qdoba in the states?

i've never been to Qdoba, but it's the same concept as Chipotle, if you've ever been there. (i assume Qdoba is the same concept - kind of like a Subway, but only for burritos)

Weapon_R
02-13-2010, 04:46 PM

i've never been to Qdoba, but it's the same concept as Chipotle, if you've ever been there. (i assume Qdoba is the same concept - kind of like a Subway, but only for burritos)

Exactly. You go to a counter and pick your burrito or taco etc, pick your meat, then your beans, vegetables and sauces as you walk down the counter. I loved Qdoba and will try this place out.

jaysas_63
02-13-2010, 11:43 PM
i live in the states now :( lol and i go to chipotle, and qdoba regularly, and i dont like those two places as much as mucho burrito....but i havent been to the calgary location, i use to go to the one in edmonton on jasper ave, right when it opened up. the portions are massive, and at the time they didn't charge extra for guacamole, sour cream or cheese (i dont kno if thats changed, i havent been for a good year now)

and for those who asked, all these burrito places have the same general theme (subway style for burritos) but that being said you wont find anything as big as the mucho burrito at qdoba or chipotle

TomcoPDR
03-03-2010, 05:57 PM
I just had to stop in to see what all this fuss is all about. So "Tomaz" (from here) and I went here for lunch today for our own secret Beyond review.

Upon entering, the first impression was a really nice, clean and organized atmostphere. You can tell that they've spent a lot of money on renovations. (or might be forced to by franchise head)

I personally did find the menu too confusing or distracting (i.e. different fonts, drawings, etc...) But then again, I'm one of those people who still has to "think" what I want everytime to go to McDonald's even after all these 20+ years. So I just ordered what Tomaz had.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/0303001238.jpg

The staff was all super friendly, knowledgeable, well groomed and professional. You know the world is becoming more globalized when you see all Asian staff serving Mexican food. What's next? Mexicans in California serving the all time traditional favorite ancient Chinese national icon dish Mandarin chicken salad at Wendy's?

Food and value, I didn't think it was too bad. A combo with a bottled drink was $13 each. I know some people refer to $10/lunch is pretty expensive, but I work on the road and used to $10-15 range, so I thought it's fair... But hey then again some people typically spend $95 on lunches too.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/0303001251.jpg

I thought Kevin Smith came in (Silent Bob) but Tomaz insisted that it wasn't him.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/0303001317.jpg

It was too bad that KimChee (Terance) wasn't in today, we wanted to introduced ourselves. Though one of the guys (Edwin), as he was walking around we introduced ourselves.

Edwin was very accepting that we were Beyond members and he is aware of this thread as well... Though I didn't realize I should had asked his for the restaurant's laptop to post an instant live review right there, under Kimchee's account.

Edwin then offered the Beyond "free chips and salsa" to us. (we got 1 each :thumbsup: I gave mine to Tomaz though, I can tell he's a growing boy and could use the extra food)

All in all, really clean, professional, well cooked meal. My ruling would definitely give this location a try, I am giving it a 2 toots up.

The good food is evident as Tomaz and I walked out the door, Tomaz already started to let 'er rip. So if you're planning on going with family, friend and/or co-workers, this little Mexican diva's so hot, you need to be going in seperate vehicles.

TomcoPDR
03-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Bump, this shit's so good. I'm still burping it 6-ish hours since.

4doorj
03-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Word!
I love it there. I always go there.
I only spend under ten dollars because the small burrito makes me full. I should start asking for the free chips and salsa, I would spend under eight dollars if I did. I feel to cheap asking for the discount.

nj2Type-S
03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
i'm craving for mucho burrito today so imma head out there for lunch...going to the quarry park location. :drool:

Tomaz
03-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Bump, this shit's so good. I'm still burping it 6-ish hours since.

I was too!

I did clear myself out of the car on my way home. It was so gassy in my car that i was scared to light a smoke! lol

Good eats! :D

nj2Type-S
03-04-2010, 02:01 PM
i just got back from MB and no gas yet, lol!

i think i'll give the tilapia next time..i always get the chicken and the pork.

Idratherbsidewayz
03-08-2010, 04:46 PM
This place was so good!!

I had the 12" multigrain burrito with steak, habanero salsa, corn salsa, vegetables, cilantro, and chipotle sauce. It was amazing, perfect amount of spicyness and delicious flavors!

Tried the habanero salsa with some chips too and man is it ever good. I would definitely recommend this place.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: