PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a physiotherapy clinic

Nav13
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Does anyone have any recomendations for a phsiotherapist in the NW, around the University/Marketmall or up around the Edgemont/Dalhousie area. I have called about 5 and their prices go anywhere from $95 for the first vist and $65 for fallowing visits, to $55 for the first visit and $50 for fallowing visits. It's for a shoulder injury, and I want the therapy to focus on building it up so that I can actually go back to the gym in the future.

lint
11-18-2009, 04:17 PM
You can try the one in Brentwood. There was a RMT there that does ART. But bewarned, the office manager is a complete bitch.

Nav13
11-18-2009, 04:24 PM
^^^ I will look into them. The ones I have called so far are Lifemark by the university
Marketmall
Edgemont World Health
Northland
Crowfoot

Right now I am leaning towards Crowfoot since the guy there is a personal trainer aswell as a physiotherapist's plus their rates fall in the middle. But I will wait and see if anyone has had any personaly experience with any of these places and go from there.

urban.one
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I dont have a recommendation for anyone in that area but my one suggestion is to try to get a recommendation for a specific physiotherapist and not just a clinic in general.

A clinic could have several practitioners each with a different level of expertise and education and each could follow a different philosophy in their treating of clients. So someone could have a great experience with one physio at the clinic while you book with someone else and have a terrible one.

ekguy
11-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Don't go to Panther Sport's Physio. The surgeon that works there completely botched my surgery and failed to tell me until I went back to get xrays because my pain persisted.

natejj
11-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I have had great experiences at Westside Rec Center. Forget the prices though, it was covered by work.

B18C
11-19-2009, 12:00 AM
I see Bobbi at Lifemark in the Father Bauer Arena across from the university for my ankle. She seems good and my ankle is getting better so she can't be that bad.

G-ZUS
11-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Don't go to Panther Sport's Physio. The surgeon that works there completely botched my surgery and failed to tell me until I went back to get xrays because my pain persisted.

in my opinion, panther sucks monkey balls. went there before didnt do shit for me

Originally posted by B18C
I see Bobbi at Lifemark in the Father Bauer Arena across from the university for my ankle. She seems good and my ankle is getting better so she can't be that bad.

Lifemark is good, I go to the one in NE now.