PDA

View Full Version : International Exchange - Italy

Mx6er
11-19-2009, 12:59 AM
I am currently a 3rd year haskayne student taking a concentration in Finance. Over the past few months I have been considering and researching an exchange for the 2010 academic fall semester to schools in Europe. After looking through some schools and different countries available in the program, I think I have decided to go to Milan, Italy. The school is called "Bocconi University" and according to the website is a top university for business and economics in Italy.

The link can be found here: http://www.unibocconi.it/wps/wcm/connect/SitoPubblico_EN/Navigation+Tree/Home/?lang=en

I was just wondering if any other beyonder's know of someone, or have attended a program at this school and if they can share some insight or recommendations. Also suggestions for other schools, or places to sight-see and visit are welcome.

I am not to serious about core- concentration classes, as I have saved several 300 level options for this exchange (if you haven't already guessed I am mostly going to travel and enjoy some European night life) :bigpimp:

chkolny541
11-19-2009, 01:12 AM
next year a friend and i are planning to attend graz austria, we are both in science, should be rad!

LMVantage
11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
I have that school in my sights as well for a semester abroad with Haskayne. I know that there are some people going next semester - I overheard them talking about it in Scurfield the other day. Not sure if there's any way you can get in touch with them though. I'd check with whoever it is that organizes these to see if they have any suggestions for you.

Achmat
11-19-2009, 10:45 PM
are you just going for the fall semester
have fun!! sounds like a great experience

el_fefes
11-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Are you required to speak some Italian?

I did a semester in Chile for W09 and I recommend you take only relatively easy courses. That way you can take advantage of your exchange...let's face it, you don't want to spend your time studying.

Also, if you can, rent a place instead of going the homestay route. Way more independence + plus you can bring the ladies home :bigpimp: