PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome OS

DannyO
11-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Stumbled upon this, pretty good video trying to get the message across of what there OS will be like, I haven't paid much attention to it, but this looks like it would be pretty damn good for most people using Netbooks and other similar devices in the future.

0QRO3gKj3qw

ryanallan
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
haha a very simple video, obviously made for the chrome OS target market.

Apparently this OS will only be offered by OEM's on netbooks with SSD's.

cool :thumbsup:

scat19
11-20-2009, 09:21 AM
And then all of your data of gets transferred to their systems and they anaylze it etc...

Mar
11-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by scat19
And then all of your data of gets transferred to their systems and they anaylze it etc... They changed that policy in their browser.

Xtrema
11-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Disappointed.

It's just Chrome Browser without an underlying OS.

Vagabond142
11-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Apparently, from what I've heard, it's a heavily modified debian distribution that strips away 90% of the stuff that people that just wanna use internet don't need, so it loads lightning fast, and the Chrome browser has been optimized for it.

Me? I'll stick to Windows and Firefox, thanks :D

SigmaRacing
11-20-2009, 03:58 PM
The pedulum between thick client and thin client computing swings too far once in a while. Both have their place but neither is ideal in ALL situations. This will have use in controlled environments (say hospitals, labs, schools, etc) but not in the general public IMHO. What happens if you don't have wifi or a data package over cellular?

thomasstuart
11-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Google chrome is nice OS but I am using firefox. firefox is the best web browser. It is very user friendly. This web browser is faster, more secure, and fully customizable to online life. Firefox includes tabbed browsing, a spell checker, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, and a search system that uses Google. Firefox runs on various versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and many other Unix-like operating systems.

jav_
11-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by thomasstuart
Google chrome is nice OS but I am using firefox. firefox is the best web browser. It is very user friendly. This web browser is faster, more secure, and fully customizable to online life. Firefox includes tabbed browsing, a spell checker, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, and a search system that uses Google. Firefox runs on various versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and many other Unix-like operating systems.

i think you got the os version mixed up with the web browser version

bastardchild
11-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Its hardly an operating system...