PDA

View Full Version : Bacon flavoured popcorn

atgilchrist
11-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Could be the best thing evarz! Or the most unholy union of taste in the world...

"Behold! Bacon Flavored Popcorn
Prepare for glory with meaty popcorn.
by Chris Iaquinta

November 19, 2009 - We gamers aren't too picky when it comes to choosing snacks to om nom nom on during frag sessions, but it's obvious that favorites do exist. Gamer Grub has been taking up more and more kitchen shelf space, as is the Warcraft-themed Mountain Dew. However one thing that we don't often munch too hard on is popcorn, as it makes for sticky fingers which leads to disgusting controllers. But with the release of a new bacon-flavored popcorn, it might just be time to invest in a surplus of accessories.

The pork-tastic snack comes courtesy of J&D, a company that apparently thought it was a good idea to produce a treat that would stick to our hearts right in the middle of a stress-filled gaming session. Sign us up! It'll run you $12 for a case of three bags, and probably another $500 in artery medication. DELISH!

Pick it up direct at J&D's website (http://www.baconpop.com)."

http://gear.ign.com/articles/104/1047922p1.html

Vagabond142
11-20-2009, 11:53 AM
It's microwave popcorn, so automatically :thumbsdow

You can get bacon flavored salt, however, to sprinkle on air or oil popped popcorn.

Call me a traditionalist, however, but I prefer a hot air popped, melted-butter-and-salt-pour-over flavored, traditional bowl of popcorn :drool: :thumbsup:

(And I can say this as a gamer too. BTW, unflavored popcorn, ie just hot air popped and nothing added, is actually extremely healthy for ya. Very low calories, fills you up, and has dietary fiber, of all things)

almerick
11-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
It's microwave popcorn, so automatically :thumbsdow

You can get bacon flavored salt, however, to sprinkle on air or oil popped popcorn.

Call me a traditionalist, however, but I prefer a hot air popped, melted-butter-and-salt-pour-over flavored, traditional bowl of popcorn :drool: :thumbsup:

(And I can say this as a gamer too. BTW, unflavored popcorn, ie just hot air popped and nothing added, is actually extremely healthy for ya. Very low calories, fills you up, and has dietary fiber, of all things)

:werd: , I've got a popcorn popper probably made late 80s- early 90s (it's the off white with brown plastic combo appliance) and it functions waaaaaaaaayyyy better than any popcorn popper manufactured today, too bad it probably gives off CFCs or something crazy.

Vagabond142
11-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by almerick

:werd: , I've got a popcorn popper probably made late 80s- early 90s (it's the off white with brown plastic combo appliance) and it functions waaaaaaaaayyyy better than any popcorn popper manufactured today, too bad it probably gives off CFCs or something crazy.

I have a decently good early 2000's popper from superstore ( :rofl: ) of all places. Only thing is that I have to melt the butter/margarine in the microwave because the butter pan on the popper is plastic, not metal, so doesn't heat up much at all :\ Otherwise, it does a superb job.

Dumbass17
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
i have the bacon salt and put that on popcorn a few times..it's actually pretty damn good

but the again i have a bacon wallet and bacon lip chap

nonlinear
11-20-2009, 02:02 PM
the best way to make popcorn is this:

3 Tbsp vegetable oil + 1/2 cup seeds, on the stove.

it's awesome cause the oil makes a nice, even coat on the popcorn, and you don't have to fuss with the uneven coverage of the butter (*you know what i mean, some pieces sogged to hell, and then most pieces that didn't get any butter on them at all)

nonlinear
11-20-2009, 02:02 PM
where can I find this bacon salt?

almerick
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

I have a decently good early 2000's popper from superstore ( :rofl: ) of all places. Only thing is that I have to melt the butter/margarine in the microwave because the butter pan on the popper is plastic, not metal, so doesn't heat up much at all :\ Otherwise, it does a superb job.

Mine is metal as well but I prefer the microwave, takes less effort

Originally posted by nonlinear
where can I find this bacon salt?

I believe superstore will have some

Vagabond142
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah, superstore, in the spices aisle, has a whole schlamoozle of flavored salts. I mean, you can get lemon pepper salt there, seaweed salt, bacon salt, low sodium salt (how that works I have NO idea, probably some chemical fakery that tastes like salt). As with many things, ya just gotta dig around to find it :)

Also, in the snacks aisle (I think) you can get bespoke popcorn flavorings, like the stuff they used to have in movie theaters. Although I really think ketchup flavored popcorn is pushing it a little

Vagabond142
11-20-2009, 02:55 PM
the best way to make popcorn is this:

3 Tbsp vegetable oil + 1/2 cup seeds, on the stove.

it's awesome cause the oil makes a nice, even coat on the popcorn, and you don't have to fuss with the uneven coverage of the butter (*you know what i mean, some pieces sogged to hell, and then most pieces that didn't get any butter on them at all)

Yeah, oil popped popcorn is sooooo tasty. I think it's called kettle style popcorn, not sure

nonlinear
11-20-2009, 03:25 PM
isn't kettle corn sugary?

Kritafo
11-21-2009, 01:08 PM
isn't kettle corn sugary?

Yes kettle corn is sweet, but not as sweet as caramel corn.

Good kettle corn is made the same way on the stove as you mentioned above but you add 1/4 cup of sugar and you still shake the pan back and forth quickly not burning the sugar.