PDA

View Full Version : New Section: Beyond CSI

CUG
11-22-2009, 12:08 PM
There is a TON of people who seem to be posting threads about how they've been scammed and ripped off, or their girlfriends car's getting trashed on...people finding women who want to manipulate their boyfriends etc.

My suggestion for 2009 is to have a completely separate section for these threads, so they aren't cluttering up the General section and so on. Just a thought.

henrytang
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by CUG
There is a TON of people who seem to be posting threads about how they've been scammed and ripped off, or their girlfriends car's getting trashed on...people finding women who want to manipulate their boyfriends etc.

My suggestion for 2009 is to have a completely separate section for these threads, so they aren't cluttering up the General section and so on. Just a thought.

you mean 2010

this is the first time i can remember the forums being filled with 4 or so csi cases. probably not warranted.......

CUG
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, it isolates them a bit better and makes them much easier to find...

dj_rice
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
But by doing this, you have everyone and their mother signing up to use Beyond CSI's services, even people from the USA, just watch....

BerserkerCatSplat
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Beyond CSI is not anyone's personal army.

CUG
11-23-2009, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Beyond CSI is not anyone's personal army. And this isn't 4chan :rolleyes: if we don't want to handle something, we don't have to handle it.

Disoblige
11-23-2009, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't want a Beyond CSI section itself. If anything, I would suggest moving the Beyond CSI threads to Ask Leo until at least enough evidence is found. Having a section for just Beyond CSI stuff for the public to see might actually hinder the succession of Beyond CSI itself.

SJW
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by CUG

I suggest you don't work on anything more difficult than a ham sandwich.

- just fucking with ya J

mowglee
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
I wouldn't want a Beyond CSI section itself. If anything, I would suggest moving the Beyond CSI threads to Ask Leo until at least enough evidence is found. Having a section for just Beyond CSI stuff for the public to see might actually hinder the succession of Beyond CSI itself.

+1. Once enough legitimate dirt is found then they should be moved to the public sections. Until then they should stay private.

dj_rice
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

I agree with you but that seems like alot of work for a mod AND not many people check Ask Leo so less exposure as if it was left in General....

Jlude
11-23-2009, 07:11 PM
if something isn't broke, don't fix it.

I think the system is good enough now.

vengie
11-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Jlude
if something isn't broke, don't fix it.

I think the system is good enough now.

nykz
11-24-2009, 12:32 AM
I think we should leave it as it is, theres been lots of entertaining reads and lots of innocent people getting scammed and what not. But by creating a section up like this would just allow users to abuse it. Asking for help when really in the past they wouldn't have because they didn't follow up with threads, and probably haven't the slightest clue about this whole Beyond CSI thing. Which means.. if they could live without it before, they can live without it now and solve this in their own manner. Too many smaller cases would come up about losing a sock or a shoe... leave it as it is. Perfectly fine now.

Redlyne_mr2
11-26-2009, 11:50 AM
To many stupid people on here who think that they've been scammed when they really haven't. I'd never want to sell a used car on here for fear of having it break 6 months later then having my name thrown around all over the internet like I'm the bad guy.

TomcoPDR
11-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
To many stupid people on here who think that they've been scammed when they really haven't. I'd never want to sell a used car on here for fear of having it break 6 months later then having my name thrown around all over the internet like I'm the bad guy.

syeve
11-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Yep, I was going to sell my xbox here but decided against incase my xbox broke in 6 months.

Tomaz
11-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by syeve

Yep, I was going to sell my xbox here but decided against incase my xbox broke in 6 months.

That's when Beyond CSI works in your favor. They realise guy who bought the xbox from you is a tool. Then proceeds to ruin his life with photoshop, sending pics of person smoking weed to boss, then forwards pics of underage drinking to the authorities. Maybe give him a faux pregnancy test "from his GF" lol

Jlude
11-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

That's when Beyond CSI works in your favor. They realise guy who bought the xbox from you is a tool. Then proceeds to ruin his life with photoshop, sending pics of person smoking weed to boss, then forwards pics of underage drinking to the authorities. Maybe give him a faux pregnancy test "from his GF" lol

Nice sig Tomaz