PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Traffic Lawyers

eightfive
11-20-2003, 02:14 PM
CAN YOU GUYS GIVE ME SOME NUMBERS
I NEED ONE FAST.. THANKS!

rc2002
11-20-2003, 02:22 PM
Go to POINTS. Those guys do awesome work. My record is still clean (knock on wood) because of them.

They used to be police officers so they know what they're doing. IMO, It's a shady business, but I don't mind paying a few hundred dollars to them instead of a few thousand to the insurance company when they find out about tickets.

eightfive
11-20-2003, 02:24 PM
what is their number?

syeve
11-20-2003, 02:24 PM
go talk to the crown yourself, Ive never paid anyone to take care of my tickets (allbeit I've only had two). Wait till you court date is about a week away (so you know the ticket has been processed), Ive been there twice, both times they offer me reduced fine or no demerits.

eightfive
11-20-2003, 02:37 PM
what do i ask..my uturn tik is on the 25th and who do i ask for?!

syeve
11-20-2003, 03:06 PM
You go to the adult court - #109 Rocky Mountain Plaza 230 - 7th Ave S.E.

When you walk in go to the line on the left where it says "talk to the next available court representative" (or something like that) Tell the lady there that you want to talk to the crown about reducing the fine...be very nice to these people, if they turn on you your in trouble. You will wait in a line, they will call you in...they will ask what happened...be very nice to this person also, they will most likely offer you one of the two options

1. Reduced fine, and reduced demerits or
2. No demerits, full fine.

You must go before 9:30 or you will never get in.

They will give you a couple more months to pay. I got till Feb!

Just be nice to everyone who works there and your trip will be painless.

Steve

rc2002
11-20-2003, 03:27 PM
You don't get let off everytime though. If your ticket is speeding just a little bit over the limit (less than 30km/h above posted) then they will usually let you off with no demerits.

But try going in on the court date for a ticket where you're 40km/h above the posted limit... They'll tell you to get lost, and at that point it's too late to do anythingn except to bend over for the insurance company.

syeve
11-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Thats understandable...if your speeding that much, they dont have to do you any favors...if its a failing to stop at a stop sign, or a uturn ticket, I am sure they will cut you a deal.

A_3
11-20-2003, 08:48 PM
PM ryder_23, think he knows a good guy for cheap