PDA

View Full Version : Good driving schools in Calgary.

Nitro10
11-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Hey.

I want to get my license over the Christmas break and was wondering if anyone knows of any good driving schools I can do the courses at. I'm looking for affordability and a place that actually teaches you how to drive properly. I heard AMA is pretty good but they charge way too much. Any recommendations from the people who have gotten their licenses?

Jeremiah
11-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I saw Hansel Fong at International Driving School in China Town (off of centre street as far as I remember)

It was a good course, easy, I have sent a couple people there too and they got their licenses easier through there.

My sister went to chinook driving school and failed twice. Went to International Driving School and then passed easily...

Zero102
11-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I took a course through "'A' Driving School", they had foreign instructors that basically shoehorned you through a very poorly organized course. I would not recommend them to anybody. Good on you for asking for a well priced school that teaches you properly instead of just asking for an easy pass, and I just wanted to say, stay away from "'A' Driving School".

Canmorite
11-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I saw Hansel Fong at International Driving School in China Town (off of centre street as far as I remember)

It was a good course, easy, I have sent a couple people there too and they got their licenses easier through there.

My sister went to chinook driving school and failed twice. Went to International Driving School and then passed easily...

So either your sister is a poor driver, or International Driving School passes people too easily.

scat19
11-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

So either your sister is a poor driver, or International Driving School passes people too easily.

Im going with the former.

Look into Young Drivers. Excellent course.

Recca168
11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Isn't it International Driving Academy? Anyway I did my driving course there almost 10 years ago with Hansel. He does teach you how to drive properly but the test is really easy.

FraserB
11-23-2009, 03:24 PM
AMA or Young Drivers. I get an insurance reduction with the course I took through AMA.

atgilchrist
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

This frightens me...

VOLTRON
11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
I signed up for Derek Brown's Academy of Driving last week. Haven't gone yet, but I've heard good things from my friends.

signature7
11-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Heard good things from Derek Brown in terms of actual learning ability and teaching wise.

Personally I was with Hansel Fong just in class though and my little brother recently was with him. To be honest, it's a bit of a joke. You have old asian folk cheating off you, with out a care, the shittiest room possible. If you have a friend I can see how it'd be hilarious to screw around though. Very easy to pass.

My little brother took his in class course on centre street but not in Downtown where I took it, apparently the room was set up that a few people were blocked by a wall and couldn't view the tv, he just said, put your head down and listen :rofl: :rofl: .

davidkamb
12-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

G-ZUS
12-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by davidkamb
Hi everyone.. i am davidkamb
I love car driving practically. but still i am learning some important tips from 121driving.com..they are so good to teach driving.

OMGHI2U2

shakalaka
12-11-2012, 11:10 PM
:rofl:

Kramerica
12-12-2012, 12:06 AM
The only problem I had with AMA was that I found the driving instructors were a little bit anal about dumb stuff (always be in the middle lane because you have an escape at all times, minor stuff like that) I get why they are like that though considering the insurance discount. Their info for braking without ABS is a tad bit optimistic I think, I see F1 drivers locking brakes every race but apparently any person off the street can find the exact point before lock up in any emergency situation without ever pumping the brakes even a little :rofl: