PDA

View Full Version : The Origin of Species, the Kirk Cameron Edition

D'z Nutz
11-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Anyone get a copy of this this morning at the university C-Train station?

GN9zpf5cT0M

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/22/kirk-camerons-origin-of-s_n_294349.html

Kirk Cameron's 'Origin Of Species' Plan: Ex-Actor To Distribute 50,000 Altered Darwin Books

Kirk Cameron, best known for his role in the 1980s sitcom Growing Pains, now spends much of his time advocating for far-right Christian evangelical causes.

In a video posted recently to YouTube, Cameron lays out a plan to subvert 'Darwin Day' on November 22, 2009 -- a date marking the 150th anniversary of the publishing of Charles Darwin's "Origin of Species." Cameron says that he and like-minded activists plan to deliver 50,000 copies of an altered version of Darwin's book to students at dozens of U.S. universities.

Cameron explains that this "very special" edition of the "Origin of Species" will include an introduction explaining "Adolf Hitler's undeniable connection" to the theory of evolution, and highlighting "Darwin's racism" and "his disdain for women." Cameron's edition also exposes the "many hoaxes" of evolutionary theory, while presenting a "balanced view of Creationism."

Tik-Tok
11-24-2009, 02:04 PM
I had to stop at the Hitler reference :rofl:

edit: Ok, I kept watching, I love these lines

"And all we want to do, is present the opposing and CORRECT view"

"these students aren't stupid, they should be given both sides of the argument and allowed to make up their own mind..."

:facepalm:

fmHN3JtyUXg

syeve
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM
I am not a violent person, but does someone want to explain my deep desire to punch him in the throat?

D'z Nutz
11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by syeve
I am not a violent person, but does someone want to explain my deep desire to punch him in the throat?

Primal urges. From when we evolved from apes.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I just missed getting one this morning, but I got them to mail me one instead. :rofl:

Hakkola
11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
:facepalm: I don't think these people should be allowed to reproduce.

eb0i
11-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Oh how Kirk has changed since Growing Pains.

JoniBoy
11-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I had to stop at the Hitler reference :rofl:

I think he’s referring to Hitler’s idea of the Aryan race being superior and that the “lower races” (i.e. Jews) should be eliminated to speed up natural selection, rather than any sort of influence Hitler had on making the actual book...

TKRIS
11-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I love how these morons think that vilifying Darwin has any bearing on the mountain of scientific evidence that supports the theory of evolution.
Darwin could have been a serial rapist who loved to smother himself in peanut butter and have feral cats lick it off him while performing auto-erotic asphyxiation, and it would have fuck all to do with anything.

Also, there were more demonstrably false claims and logical fallacies in the first 2:30 than I even thought possible in such a short amount of time. Truly impressive work Mr.Cameron.

revelations
11-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Darwin had people in the church of England support his work when it first came out (far out numbered by the fundamentalists of course).

Darwin himself suggested that some sort of 'creator' may have set all this in motion, but there was no "supernatural" cause for the changes that occur over time in life.

TKRIS
11-24-2009, 05:54 PM
St. Augustine
“It not infrequently happens that something about the earth, about the sky, about other elements of this world, about the motion and rotation or even the magnitude and distances of the stars, about definite eclipses of the sun and moon, about the passage of years and seasons, about the nature of animals, of fruits, of stones, and of other such things, may be known with the greatest certainty by reasoning or by experience, even by one who is not a Christian. It is too disgraceful and ruinous, though, and greatly to be avoided, that he [the non-Christian] should hear a Christian speaking so idiotically on these matters, and as if in accord with Christian writings, that he might say that he could scarcely keep from laughing when he saw how totally in error they are... In view of this and in keeping it in mind constantly while dealing with the book of Genesis, I have, insofar as I was able, explained in detail and set forth for consideration the meanings of obscure passages, taking care not to affirm rashly some one meaning to the prejudice of another and perhaps better explanation.”

The creationist movement is a, by and large, a fairly recent, and America-centered, construct. The literal interpretation of Genesis hasn't really been the Vatican's position for about 1600 years.

01RedDX
11-24-2009, 07:23 PM

BigMass
11-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by JoniBoy

I think he’s referring to Hitler’s idea of the Aryan race being superior and that the “lower races” (i.e. Jews) should be eliminated to speed up natural selection, rather than any sort of influence Hitler had on making the actual book...

Hitler was influenced heavily by American eugenics. Which really has no bearing on the validity of The Origin of Species like others have already said.

Sugarphreak
11-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Quizzes
11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
That's smart. Someone should do this for the Bible. You know, add a 50-page introduction to the Bible discrediting the existence of God and how it's all a hoax.

kdwebber
11-24-2009, 11:45 PM
damn I was looking for a hard copy of the origin of species maybe this is the way I could get it, just need to rip out the first 150 pages or so

anyone know how I can get one sent to me?

revelations
11-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Quizzes
That's smart. Someone should do this for the Bible. You know, add a 50-page introduction to the Bible discrediting the existence of God and how it's all a hoax.

I'm not sure 'bout that. The mere *existence* of Jesus Christ is accepted as fact by main stream historians for example, its not a 100% hoax.

Whether he did miracles and he came from a virgin, will be forever debated or course.

The OT, other than archeological evidence, is almost impossible to prove from other sources of history - bits and pieces of course, written from the conquering nations POV.

Tik-Tok
11-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Quizzes

I think a more logical introduction would be more in order, explaining how pretty much every tale in the bible is actually based on an older fable from another religion and altered for Christianities agenda's (as it's pretty much been proven)

Canmorite
11-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Every time I hear this duo of dolts speak about how their message is the right one, followed by all these bullshit premises to back it up with no empirical data, makes me wonder just how dumb they actually are. It's mind-blowing to think how someone could put this crap on the net/print and wholeheartedly believe in it.

civiclvr
11-27-2009, 11:32 AM
DANG! I missed this post.
Woulda liked to get a free copy of "Origin of Species"

Kirk Cameron is a douche.
extremism in any form is debilitating to society.

Nusc
11-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by civiclvr

extremism in any form is debilitating to society.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/OPINION/11/23/dawkins.darwin.atheism/index.html

dimi
11-28-2009, 01:20 PM
"It exposes the unscientific belief that 'Nothing created everything!'"

:rofl:

brownchild
11-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Darwin and his idol Charles Lyell were proved wrong in the late 1940's, this clowns just an uneducated, brainwashed idiot. Read some Immanuel Velikovsky books. The theory of Catasthropism reigns supreme.

Ashkente
11-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by kdwebber
damn I was looking for a hard copy of the origin of species maybe this is the way I could get it, just need to rip out the first 150 pages or so

anyone know how I can get one sent to me?

This is what I figured. I got one from the train station, but according to a few websites, it seems that there are 4 chapters missing from the original. Probably the ones with evidence of evolution. :P

TKRIS
11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by brownchild
Darwin and his idol Charles Lyell were proved wrong in the late 1940's, this clowns just an uneducated, brainwashed idiot. Read some Immanuel Velikovsky books. The theory of Catasthropism reigns supreme.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nich148_9
12-01-2009, 12:19 AM
You'd think after the last century of publishing On the Origin of Species backed by both scientific and visual evidence that this debate would be over.

Though, oddly enough, the very people who discredit evolution also make me question it. I mean, they're hardly evolved. ;)

Nusc
12-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfv-Qn1M58I

TKRIS
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I like that one even more than the peanut butter lunacy. The irony is just beautiful.

They got the designed part right, they're just a bit confused over the designer.

TimeAttack
12-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Nusc
Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfv-Qn1M58I

That guy has had a few too many banana-like objects in his mouth.