PDA

View Full Version : Alberta health pt job for a student?

TravisD62
11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
alright so i'm currently in my second year of health sciences at mru, eventually pursuing getting into med school, and would like to get a part time job in a calgary hospital. i've searched the site and it seems really hard to actually find a job in the area i don't need a degree for that isn't a cook. i'm not looking for a temporary position or anything, i need a solid year round job. anybody have any experience in this? the school was really unhelpful and the only thing it seemed i could really get into is volunteer work which i would love to do, but being a self supported student isn't really a possibility during studies. sorry for the long read, just looking for some information to get pointed in the right direction. thanks.

travism91
11-25-2009, 04:03 PM
volunteer, get into med school, specialize, bone hott babes.
lol my name is travis too. word

mowglee
11-25-2009, 04:14 PM
the last time I checked the Health Region wasn't hiring, but give volunteering a shot. They might make you commit for a certain period of time but don't quote me on that. Good luck OP!

00redLUDE
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Have you considered applying to a medical clinic as a receptionist or something like that. Most medical clinics that have walk ins are usually opened late and could be looking for people for part time evening work. You also get to see this side of the medical field and if you get to know the doctors really when you may be able to get a letter of reference out of it.