PDA

View Full Version : BC ticket

CMW403
11-25-2009, 11:44 PM
long story short i got a ticket in BC and didn't pay. i got a letter from ICBC telling me theyre going to:

-cancel my insurance( i dont have insurance with them...)

-seize my plates

-refer me to a collection agency

and such and such.

i thought i read something on here about not having to pay BC tickets. if they're going to cause problems then im just going to pay but if i don't have to fork it up then i won't. could someone refresh my memory about albertans with BC tickets??

JfuckinC
11-25-2009, 11:48 PM
too add(not hijack sorry) if i got a tick in golden in the summer, can i pay it in fernie when i go snowboarding out there in 3 weeks? thanks lol

sxtasy
11-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
too add(not hijack sorry) if i got a tick in golden in the summer, can i pay it in fernie when i go snowboarding out there in 3 weeks? thanks lol you should be able to pay at any ICBC

CMW403
11-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
too add(not hijack sorry) if i got a tick in golden in the summer, can i pay it in fernie when i go snowboarding out there in 3 weeks? thanks lol

you can pay it any bank...

97'Scort
11-26-2009, 12:10 AM
You can mail them a cheque too.

To the OP: it'll come up if you ever move to BC and try and register there, or if you get caught there again. As for the collection agency, that might be a legit threat.

CMW403
11-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
You can mail them a cheque too.

To the OP: it'll come up if you ever move to BC and try and register there, or if you get caught there again. As for the collection agency, that might be a legit threat.

yeah that's what i originally thought, i just assumed shit wouldn't hit the fan until i get pulled over there again. i thought i remembered someone saying that the collection agency threat was bullshit as well though. i need somebody to chime in that has experienced it first hand.

bjstare
11-26-2009, 02:14 AM
The collection agency thing isn't BS, ICBC doesn't fck around. However, it won't show up on your alberta driving record or anything... yet. However, in the near future (i.e. next couple years) the AB and BC govts will be networking their information about tickets/driving records, so it would definitely be a good idea to pay it now for that reason as well.

CMW403
11-26-2009, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
The collection agency thing isn't BS, ICBC doesn't fck around. However, it won't show up on your alberta driving record or anything... yet. However, in the near future (i.e. next couple years) the AB and BC govts will be networking their information about tickets/driving records, so it would definitely be a good idea to pay it now for that reason as well.

alright thanks, i am going to pay it tomorrow.