PDA

View Full Version : looking for newbies and goalie for shinny monday nov 30

autumnrain
11-26-2009, 12:29 PM
hey guys,

we need 1 more goalie to play in net on monday nov 30th, 615-715pm (free for goalies)
although you might be alittle bored because we are strictly newbies that can hardly skate.

also, looking for a few more newbies, you don't really need full equipment but a helmet is mandatory.
plz don't pm me if you can skate well, we are really looking for newbie newbies! some of us can barely skate forward.
its a good chance to get some ice time and skate around with the puck.

it probably be $15 for one hour just cause we dont have that much ppl right now.

plz pm if your interested and I'll give u the location.

bigboom
11-26-2009, 12:45 PM
will this occur regardless of how many people you are able to get out? or is there a minimum number of participants before this goes ahead?

A790
11-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by autumnrain
hey guys,

we need 1 more goalie to play in net on monday nov 30th, 615-715pm (free for goalies)
although you might be alittle bored because we are strictly newbies that can hardly skate.

also, looking for a few more newbies, you don't really need full equipment but a helmet is mandatory.
plz don't pm me if you can skate well, we are really looking for newbie newbies! some of us can barely skate forward.
its a good chance to get some ice time and skate around with the puck.

it probably be $15 for one hour just cause we dont have that much ppl right now.

plz pm if your interested and I'll give u the location.
More information? Dates, times, etc.?

I haven't been on skates in years and barely know my way around a hockey stick... haha.

Quiet10
11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
:werd:
More information would be nice, I havent' skated in a LONG time and probably need a lot of practice but would love some ice time.

goat_killer
11-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Haven't played in 10+ years. LOL. But i can skate moderatly well. I'm not good by any means but am looking to start playing. I also don't have full equipment, but have a helmet and gloves. Can i go??

JordanEG6
11-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Haven't skated since '05. Probably can't skate well anymore. Just looking for ice him. I'm not competative, just wanna join some shinny if you're still looking.

autumnrain
11-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey
there's so mch interest on beyond
someone should plan more shinny
sorry we full now with 20 players
we don't want too many players so ppl get enough playing time

And we wanted newbies so ppl aren't intimidated

anyways I'll plan another one soon though

thanks

97'Scort
11-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Man, I would love something like this :( I'm a curling-maple syrup loving-snow happy Canuck through and through, but I never got to play hockey. I've always wanted to learn but nobody teaches adults how to play! You can't even join pick up games because you just get thrashed.

95teetee
11-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Man, I would love something like this :( I'm a curling-maple syrup loving-snow happy Canuck through and through, but I never got to play hockey. I've always wanted to learn but nobody teaches adults how to play! You can't even join pick up games because you just get thrashed. something like this would have been great for me as a goalie, too. I was good in street hockey, but terrible on ice (my skates just never had the same lateral movement as my runners:D )

eur0
11-26-2009, 10:58 PM
There are a few programs in Calgary for adults such as:

http://www.discoverhockey.com/beginners_program.html

autumnrain
11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
still looking for a goalie!

TorqueDog
11-29-2009, 06:19 PM
I wish I had seen this sooner.

I dunno if you're full with players or not, but I'm interested for the next time! I have equipment, haven't played in eons, but I'm in.