PDA

View Full Version : Calling People with exhausts

pulse_crx
11-21-2003, 12:13 AM
Just wondering how many people on here have oversized/enlarged exhausts? I got a warning tonight, after I just payed off my exhaust ticket last week. Not even that loud in this weather, gotta keep the revs low. Just something else to nail me on I guess. So who here has exhausts and who has got tickets from them?

^SkylinE^
11-21-2003, 12:18 AM
I have had a warning and a ticket why you wanna know?

air_mikey
11-21-2003, 12:21 AM
i got a warning once but that happened when i already got pulled over for something else. also seen a couple cops look at my exhaust but didnt pull me over (thank god).

pulse_crx
11-21-2003, 12:23 AM
No real reason to know, just seeing if everyone else is getting the same hassle. I was pulled over tonight because I was driving with a frosted windshield, driving to warm up my car which had a frozen gas line.

EG STyLeZ
11-21-2003, 12:28 AM
I got an exhaust ticket last summer, but i was pulled over for another reason. they just noticed the exhaust as well.

403Gemini
11-21-2003, 12:46 AM
how big are your guys' exhausts? 6" coffee cans? they usually dont give 2 shits unless it sounds like a lawn mower on steroids.

pulse_crx
11-21-2003, 12:48 AM
mines a 4" n-1, But the thing is that it fits closer to the bumper as is less noticable than when I had an exhaust on my crx. It was angled, stuck out and louder, never got pulled over.

James
11-21-2003, 01:06 AM
I got one in my MR2 last year, but it was well deserved now that i think about it( well i knew at the time , just didnt want to admit it!).... i can gaurantee that my car was one of the loudest in the City!( on purpose anyway) many people can vouch for that! .... 2 feet of pipe with a 5zigen fireball and no cat or resonator will do that! :D

GTS Jeff
11-21-2003, 02:08 AM
i have never been hassled, but ive only had it on since the end of summer. my exhaust is currently a big 4" tip, 2" straightpipe w/ resonator.

it sounds very quiet when i drive normally, but screams when i push it.

EG STyLeZ
11-21-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by James
I got one in my MR2 last year, but it was well deserved now that i think about it( well i knew at the time , just didnt want to admit it!).... i can gaurantee that my car was one of the loudest in the City!( on purpose anyway) many people can vouch for that! .... 2 feet of pipe with a 5zigen fireball and no cat or resonator will do that! :D

yeah no shit man, it was crazy!!:tongue:

sexualbanana
11-21-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by James

Why do you think I never drove beside you with my window down? We told you it was fucking loud man!

Blue Devil 2
11-21-2003, 03:04 AM
I've got an oversized muffler ticket, and on another occasion I was pulled over and asked to rev my car...the officer determined that isn't wasn't overly loud and let me go.

I went to court to argue against the oversized muffler, but because it does violate the restrictions (not oem) the best that I could do was get the fine cut in half.

gpomp
11-21-2003, 09:04 AM
You guys with oversized muffler tickets, what's the size of your tips?

Davan
11-21-2003, 09:44 AM
I had a 2.5 inch mandrel bent catback on my last car... but I kept the tip size at 2.5 inch as well. It was fairly loud, but never any problems with that for over a year.

rc2002
11-21-2003, 09:50 AM
How much does the ticket cost for an oversized exhaust?

Seems to me that it's kind of dumb that it's legal to sell the oversized exhaust, but illegal to have one on your car. I think cops realize this so they only get the people who have stupid loud exhausts...

Moe Man
11-21-2003, 10:02 AM
i drove my accord with a 3'' striaght pipe with no cat for a 3 weeks.....i didnt get a warning :guns:

SinisterProbeGt
11-21-2003, 10:19 AM
I have 2 warnings and 10 tickets so far this year

gpomp
11-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
I have 2 warnings and 10 tickets so far this year
For your exhaust? What are you running?

CRXguy
11-21-2003, 11:35 AM
I got fart cans on both my cars, but never had an exhaust ticket(knock on wood). One is pretty loud, and the other isn't so loud. :dunno: :D