PDA

View Full Version : Warm places to travel to alone???

ekguy
11-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Would like to just go somewhere by my lonesome and just kinda leave Canada behind for a week. I have been to France and Vegas alone but is wondering if there are some places such as Cuba, Jamaica, etc that aren't too bad if going alone.

Could go with the gf but we have a trip planned later on in the year. Just kinda want to get away and not have to talk to anyone for a bit hehe. Just sit on a beach with a couple good books and such. Just some nice relaxation.

Let's hear it.

sxtasy
11-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Hedonism, Jamaica

ekguy
11-27-2009, 12:26 AM
That's one of those single's places kinda thing isn't it? I'm more looking for a place that will have fun shit I can do even if I go by myself.

GF is going somewhere with her family in march so I figured I'd take the time to go and relax somewhere.

Definitely like a place where you can do the usual ATV tours and seadoo rentals. But also a place that won't be overflowing with kids. I just want to be able to get away for a bit. Want to book soon so which is the best places if you want to have good things to do on resort.

97'Scort
11-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Kona, Big Island, Hawaii.

Tons to see and do, but not hyped up like the other islands. Not much of a night life but if you want spectacular, near-deserted beaches to sit and read this is your heaven.

Rent a car, it's worth it. It'll probably wind up being more expensive than Mexico though.

As for Mexico, without a lot of kids, I suggest the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal. They had all that rental stuff, dive charters, the works, but it was mostly Europeans there and hardly any kids. I enjoyed it because of the lack of Americans :thumbsup:

cmyden
11-27-2009, 09:34 AM
There were some awesome deals to Hawaii yesterday (as low as $388 USD incl tax) Not seeing them today, but could come back.

Have a look at these pics from Kauai...

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&q=kauai+hawaii&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=21

Pretty amazing place.

snoop101
11-27-2009, 10:06 AM
My old boss and his best friend did this a few years ago.

Fly to Europe. Buy a month rail pass in advance. Get on the train late in the evening and sleep on the train and go to where ever the train is taking you. In the morning your there and can spend the whole day there. Get back on the train and sleep. Rinse and repeat. Fun way to see Europe and easy to do if your by ourself. You will meet a lot of people this way.

ekguy
11-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Kona, Big Island, Hawaii.

Tons to see and do, but not hyped up like the other islands. Not much of a night life but if you want spectacular, near-deserted beaches to sit and read this is your heaven.

Rent a car, it's worth it. It'll probably wind up being more expensive than Mexico though.

As for Mexico, without a lot of kids, I suggest the Gran Bahia Principe Akumal. They had all that rental stuff, dive charters, the works, but it was mostly Europeans there and hardly any kids. I enjoyed it because of the lack of Americans :thumbsup:

Thanks I'll probably do this. I don't like Americans hehe. And as for Europe I've seen a lot of it already so that's a no go. And I'm looking for something more on the cheap side since it's just me going by myself to relax. Me and my gf are planning a cross canada road trip for when we move back to New Brunswick next year so this is just a small trip for some nice needed relaxation for me.

toyboy88
11-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Cabo San Lucas?

Lots of water activites, sport fishing, rent a yacht, etc. if your into that stuff that you can do on your own.

sxtasy
11-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Go to Cuba if you don't like americanos

Bizzareo
11-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorrento Italy. Full of hot chicks, great food, swimming etc

ekguy
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Awesome well I definitely have more than enough to go on now.

Dunno how it's going to be traveling to a place like that alone but I figure it can't be all that bad to be on a nice beach even by myself haha.

Definitely just need to get away though haha. Been in this big city far too long without going any further than Kelowna haha.

Tik-Tok
11-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

Thanks I'll probably do this. I don't like Americans hehe.

Then I suggest Maui. I think there's more Canadians on that island then actual Americans (excluding native Polynesians) at any point during the winter.

Honestly though, anywhere I've been in the U.S. on vacation, the service industry has treated me better then anywhere in our own city.

Jlude
11-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by snoop101
My old boss and his best friend did this a few years ago.

Fly to Europe. Buy a month rail pass in advance. Get on the train late in the evening and sleep on the train and go to where ever the train is taking you. In the morning your there and can spend the whole day there. Get back on the train and sleep. Rinse and repeat. Fun way to see Europe and easy to do if your by ourself. You will meet a lot of people this way.

That's a great idea.

snoop101
11-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Honestly though, anywhere I've been in the U.S. on vacation, the service industry has treated me better then anywhere in our own city.

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with ya 100%, but thats our city though.

I found hawaii in general to have really nice people and helpful.

ekguy
11-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Now here's a question have any of you who replied or some that haven't been anywhere like that by yourselves? I know my ex went to Cuba alone and she said she had a blast and that you usually end up meeting other people who went alone as well just to get away for a week.

I'm definitely not worried about going alone travel wise since i've traveled alone before and quite far. But I mean there must be enough to keep someone busy if you go by yourself I'm assuming? I did Vegas by myself and still had a blast but this seems like it would be quite a different story here.

snoop101
11-27-2009, 01:16 PM
This is going to sound very opposite to what you were looking for as in heat and sunny, but what about doing more adventure stuff.

-Salmon fishing on Vancouver island. Go with a tour guide they know the good areas.

-Alaska. I used to work on a cruise ship and we did that run. I went hiking and it was amazing. Would love to do a 2 week adventure up there.

-Bermuda. You need more money though, but best place I have ever been to in the world.

Speed_69
11-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Anywhere in the states that would be a good place to travel alone?

snoop101
11-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
Anywhere in the states that would be a good place to travel alone?

I want to do this route. Looks amazing........

http://visittheoregoncoast.com/

ekguy
11-27-2009, 01:54 PM
As for the fishing salmon thing. I do love fishing but I like deep sea fishing as I've done it a few times. So this is something that would be doable for me if I went somewhere nice and tropical.

Anyone ever try selloffvacations???

snoop101
11-27-2009, 02:24 PM
As for the fishing salmon thing. I do love fishing but I like deep sea fishing as I've done it a few times. So this is something that would be doable for me if I went somewhere nice and tropical.

Anyone ever try selloffvacations???

when I was in Key west they would charter boats to go out fishing. I think they were getting sword fish.. I dunno im not good with those big fish out there, but man it looked fun.

sputnik
11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Have you considered GAP Adventure Tours.

You can go alone, but end up traveling with a group of people.

Less lonely... still warm.

http://www.gapadventures.com/

89coupe
11-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Would like to just go somewhere by my lonesome and just kinda leave Canada behind for a week. I have been to France and Vegas alone but is wondering if there are some places such as Cuba, Jamaica, etc that aren't too bad if going alone.

Could go with the gf but we have a trip planned later on in the year. Just kinda want to get away and not have to talk to anyone for a bit hehe. Just sit on a beach with a couple good books and such. Just some nice relaxation.

Let's hear it.

My vote is Hawaii!:thumbsup:

taemo
11-28-2009, 01:04 AM
hawaii - kauai island specifically, spent 2 nights by myself. you can hike the canyon and read a good book there or just go to the beach

you can practically go anywhere on the globe if all you want is some quiet time, it all depends on your budget.