PDA

View Full Version : Car on Ctrain tracks

snoop101
11-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Anyone see the Car stuck on the Ctrain tracks?

He/she drove down the tracks pretty far. Right at the 39th ave station.

Xtrema
11-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I know there is snow on the ground but if the rough road doesn't clue you in, the oncoming train should. :rofl:

snoop101
11-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Lol the whole train started laughing and said it must be a roughriders fan. :D

Wish I could have got a pic. Fricken waited like 25-30 min at the stampede station.

toastgremlin
11-27-2009, 08:01 PM
I saw the photo on Global and was going through my memory for all the stations with divided platforms; I figured it would've been Banff Trail or Lion's Park or something.

Today a middle-aged guy in a Blue Bombers jacket got on the C-Train at Motel Village and excitedly yelled "I'VE NEVER BEEN ON A TRAIN BEFORE!!!"

theken
11-27-2009, 08:08 PM
We winchef it off the tracks. She. Don't know how but she got on the tracks and couldn't stop so she. Jumped out lol.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Jumped out? Hahaha!

toastgremlin
11-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Really? From the pictures it looked pretty nicely parked between the train tracks, but they only showed it for a bit.

That's awesome. What kind of car was it?

Davetronz
11-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I know there is snow on the ground but if the rough road doesn't clue you in, the oncoming train should. :rofl:

She must have been really excited that there was absolutely NO ONE on that entire street... Not a single other car. Best shortcut EVER.

gqmw
11-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Davetronz

She must have been really excited that there was absolutely NO ONE on that entire street... Not a single other car. Best shortcut EVER.

:rofl:

How come I didn't know to take that road?!?!

adam c
11-28-2009, 12:10 AM
fuck that lady i knew it was a woman who did that, i was stuck at earlton for 30 minutes before we could move again and even then the car still wasn't off the tracks..

(as posted in the other thread about winter tires)

toastgremlin
11-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Pix:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs086.snc3/15359_188299906937_513436937_3227836_4283151_n.jpg

Looks like an Intrepid to me, maybe.

Global ran a different pic (from the other side of the platform), so I'll try and track that one down too.

Redlyne_mr2
11-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Honestly this lady needs to loose her license for at least a year. People with that low level of intelligence should not be sharing the road with you and me.

toastgremlin
11-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I am extremely surprised that no train hit the car. I'm guessing someone must've seen it on the CCTV and stopped the train system.

People regularly drive onto 7th Ave from a cross street - last year I saw someone drive all the way toward Macleod only to stop when he encountered the "trap" hole in the street. I can understand that one more than 39th; it's not like that crossing is obscured in any way other than having some tiny roads running parallel to it.

rage2
11-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by toastgremlin
People regularly drive onto 7th Ave from a cross street - last year I saw someone drive all the way toward Macleod only to stop when he encountered the "trap" hole in the street. I can understand that one more than 39th; it's not like that crossing is obscured in any way other than having some tiny roads running parallel to it.
I work on 7th Ave. and see ppl on the tracks all the time. I've talked to most of the people, and they're usually tourists. Unlike Calgary, many cities with tracks do allow normal car traffic too, which is why so many tourists make that mistake.

Jay911
11-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I work on 7th Ave. and see ppl on the tracks all the time. I've talked to most of the people, and they're usually tourists. Unlike Calgary, many cities with tracks do allow normal car traffic too, which is why so many tourists make that mistake.

Calgary, IMO, doesn't do a very good job of getting the message across to drivers that 7 Avenue is off-limits. Yes, they have big signs, but there are so many signs downtown that you can get overwhelmed by them all. As you say, other cities (like Toronto, say) allow cars to mix with rail traffic. Hell, there are American cities and towns where freight trains share the roads :D - but anyway, the entire street should be painted with red X's or red and white "no entry" logos for about 30 feet in from each intersection or something like that. I know that's not going to stop the daftest out there who are determined to screw up no matter what, but I think it would go a long way.

dandia89
11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
man i wonder why it took me an hour and a half to get home friday, hahah