PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to the nice people in Calgary =)

move
11-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Just wanted to give a shout out to the nice people in Calgary who helped out all the people stuck on the icy bridges on Memorial and Center.
I never would've gotten off that bridge for hours if it wasn't for the nice guy who helped push me and give me a rolling start.
Thank you so much. Wouldnt have made it without you guys.
:clap:

2EFNFAST
11-28-2009, 02:07 AM
You do realize that when he touched your car to help push you out, he probably micro-marred your clearcoat......:confused:

4lti
11-28-2009, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
You do realize that when he touched your car to help push you out, he probably micro-marred your clearcoat......:confused:

Say what now.

move
11-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Uh what..?

2EFNFAST
11-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by 4lti

Say what now.

Car is dirty.

Your hands touch the car to help push it.

Your hands are now abradding dirt against the clearcoat, which will micromarr it.

:)

StreetRacerX
11-28-2009, 04:25 AM
polish/wax?

4lti
11-28-2009, 04:41 AM

Car is dirty.

Your hands are now abradding dirt against the clearcoat, which will micromarr it.

Lol well he could have left his car where it was stuck like alot of the random stranded cars on the road. Or let that random person help him get the car moving so he wont have to worry about it in the middle of the road stranded. Less to worry about.

pinoyhero
11-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Total disaster last night eh> Good one some folks to help out.

bigboom
11-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Car is dirty.

wow are you kidding me? youd rather get stuck then have some one push you out? and then come in a thread where someone is thanking people for helping him out with a comment like yours? give your head a shake...

speedog
11-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey, like I think I saw 2EFNFAST's ride still parked on the Center Street hill this morning - only ride still there, but clean as a whistle though. Now, maybe he's on to something. Or just on something.

topmade
11-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I was watching a group of people do the same thing pushing people up Sarcee and John Laurie. When our we got off our bus a lot of cars stopped to offer rides to people. Too bad I didn't get any of them :(

5000Audi
11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
i helped alot of people out last night, i had to go pick up my food since the delivery driver couldent make it up the hill by my place.. i think i pushed a good 10 cars on the way there.. but at least i got my food at 50% off haha

tobypaddock
11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
im pretty sure 2enffast was joking guys... i chuckled

2EFNFAST
11-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by tobypaddock
im pretty sure 2enffast was joking guys... i chuckled

Internets - serious business :rofl:

:angel:

Disoblige
11-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Hey, like I think I saw 2EFNFAST's ride still parked on the Center Street hill this morning - only ride still there, but clean as a whistle though. Now, maybe he's on to something. Or just on something.

:rofl:

I'm pretty sure 2EFNFAST is joking too, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. I could picture him going "DUDE GTFO.. YOU'RE GONNA MICROMARR MY HOOD" and have a bunch of people on the bridge just blankly stare at him.

speedog
11-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by tobypaddock
im pretty sure 2enffast was joking guys... i chuckled Didn't get my dry humour, eh tobypaddock?

Zero102
11-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I was stuck on that hill for just short of 2 hours (Centre st. bridge), winter tires on a FWD car and we still had a hard time getting going. The whole way up we would stop and help push the guys in front of us, then get back in and drive up the hill, stop and repeat again. What a shit show.

rated_R
11-28-2009, 03:17 PM
I was on Edmonton trail and some ladies were handing out pizzas to all the ppl stuck in traffic, thanks to the lady and the guy who helped me push my car when I got stuck on a hill.:thumbsup:

AE92_TreunoSC
11-28-2009, 03:37 PM
lol I drove up to edmonton trail at 5, did a j-turn and booked it another way lol

honestly I only saw 1 stuck bus in my 1 hour commute home last night, no idea how I managed it

speedog
11-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Just depended on your route home/whatever. My regular 35 minute commute (32km) from the deep south took only 40 minutes last night, but my wife's usual 5-10 minute drive from the chiropractor turned into a 4 hour ordeal. 4th street and 40th avenue was a complete mess right from 4:00 PM until past 11:00 PM - buses, cars, trucks sideways, the wrong way, against guard rails, over curbs, smashed into parked vehicles. Went for a walk at 10:30PM on 4th street and talked to people in their vehicles who had been stuck in the mess on 4th street for 5+ hours - couldn't go north because of a bus completely sideways north of 44th ave, couldn't turn around and go back because of 2 buses sideways south of 40th ave and 40th ave in both directions from 4th street was impassable because of the icy hills and more buses spun out and blocking traffic. Quite a gong show indeed. McKnight westbound of 4th street - same gong show.

Toilet_D
11-28-2009, 09:34 PM

Car is dirty.

oh no, anything but that!

black13
11-28-2009, 09:42 PM
pushing the car is nothing compared to people brushing the snow off their cars with those brushes. Those things probably do alot more damage.

tobypaddock
11-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Didn't get my dry humour, eh tobypaddock?

i was referring more to...

Originally posted by 4lti

Say what now.
and...

Originally posted by move

Uh what..?
and...

Originally posted by StreetRacerX
polish/wax?
but mostly...

Originally posted by bigboom

wow are you kidding me? youd rather get stuck then have some one push you out? and then come in a thread where someone is thanking people for helping him out with a comment like yours? give your head a shake...

and you dont need to repeat someones name when you quote what they are saying speedog, i said 2efnfast's because i didnt quote him

:thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by black13
pushing the car is nothing compared to people brushing the snow off their cars with those brushes. Those things probably do alot more damage.

Word, it makes me want to punch babies when I see people brushing off their cars with these "rough" bristle brooms, designed for asphalt type work.

God, if only they knew. :guns: :guns:

scat19
12-02-2009, 09:04 AM
brushes are good for the windows