PDA

View Full Version : Found a digital camera - trying to return it

dj_honda
11-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey,

My mom found a purse by her van the other day. When looking through it to see who to return it to, we realized it was probably stolen as there was just mud and a bunch of trash in it. After a closer look we found there was a digital camera in a pocket at the bottom.

Anyways, this camera has a collection of photos dating back a few years and I can see it has a bunch of vacation photos in it. Having lost a memory card this summer with half of my pics from Australia I know it sucks to lose your camera/photos from vacations so I just figured I would attempt to return it through beyond. The pics show people of their 20s probably, so it might be someone here.

It is a Black Sony Cyber-shot. It has a bunch of pics on it from several vacations so if its yours, please pm me with a detailed description of the pics that were on the camera so I can verify its you, and I would be happy to return it.

PS If you see this thread, and know of anyone that lost their camera just direct them here.

Thanks.

dj_rice
11-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Post up a few pics of the chicks so we can use our Beyond CSI skills and find the owners

fooddude
11-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Post bikini shots.

7thgenvic
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I can image someone would know the breezy...

dj_honda
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
its owned by a guy. i think someone stole it and was keeping it in the purse.

dj_rice
11-29-2009, 07:55 PM
But on the real, post up a few pics of the people in the pictures, you'll find the owners quicker with actual faces than waiting for the owners to see this thrread

TomcoPDR
11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
But on the real, post up a few pics of the people in the pictures, you'll find the owners quicker with actual faces than waiting for the owners to see this thrread

:werd: tis true.

Also try posting on kijiji and craigslist, they should have a "lost n found" section

Tik-Tok
11-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, just post face shots up, of anyone who's in several of the pictures of all the vacations

nonlinear
11-29-2009, 09:16 PM
and good on you and your mom for being good, honest people and trying to return the camera to its owner. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KKY
11-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Although posting a picture or 2 may help with the investigation, dj honda doesn't own the pictures, so, I'd be careful with posting them up.

If you are to post them I would suggest posting face shots of the the person you suspect to be the owner only, cropping out any clue of the surroundings.

I also suggest searching through kijiji and craigslist. I see people looking for lost cameras there quite often.

97'Scort
11-29-2009, 11:41 PM
If it was stolen as part of a break in, then chances are the police are looking for it. I'd take it to them along with the purse.

Isaiah
11-29-2009, 11:49 PM
http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/

http://www.camerafound.com/

dj_honda
11-30-2009, 01:32 AM
yeah not that I was going to, but I can't post the pictures regardless because its a sony camera and the cable required isn't a standard usb.

the purse looked like a homeless person had it or something maybe. it was muddy and beat up. i am pretty sure my mom threw it out already unfortunately.

thanks for the sites isaih. i'll try those and the kijiji/etc and as a last resort the cops.