PDA

View Full Version : car starter trouble

slouch
11-30-2009, 02:50 PM
hey .. have just installed a radiostar car alrama dn remote start in my 1998 nissan pathfinder.. issues i am having is that the car starts withthe remote but only runs for 30 seconds then shut off and restarts again and shut off within 30 second again repeating this like about 3-5 times then shuts off completely.. anyone can offer some advice on this.. maybe there is a wire i didnt connect or shouldnt connect.. or programming

Zero102
11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Have you tried reading the manual? It is very very likely the explanation is in there.

Edit: Radiostar is the XS cargo brand?! Oh shit, you are in more trouble than you think.

slouch
11-30-2009, 06:26 PM
yes it the Xs cargo brand.. the alarm works but like i said the remote start starts the car it runs for like a 30 or so then shuts down and restarts by itself and do the same thing over ..i did look at the manual several times trying to figure out.. some thing must be prevent it from keeping the vehicle running

jonny_q13
11-30-2009, 07:09 PM
its probably does not see a proper tach signal and is shutting down because of that.

dsbooyah
11-30-2009, 08:01 PM
check the tach signal. sometimes you need to learn it a couple of times.

Strugari
12-02-2009, 07:43 PM
I had installed a few of these units in newer cars they have that problem. In older cars they seem to work fine. The newer cars have one coil for each cylinder, and I think that is where these units fail. The voltage is lower on the coil wire and the injector wire causing the unit to shut down as it thinks the vehicle is not running.
Older vehicles have coil packs, or distributors and the voltage is higher.

I have since quit installing these units.