PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Japanese foodage

Vagabond142
12-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I've been experimenting with some of the dishes presented in this youtube series and I thought that, since i was able to make stuff that actually, ya know, worked and tasted good, that I should share my little find.

It *IS* narrated by the singlemost annoying narrator ever, but the actual preparation and recipes are very clear. The "show" is Cooking with Dog... yeah, I don't know why either -_-

http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog#g/u

taemo
12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
nice find.

made me hungry..damnit.
now i have to go get some lunch :banghead:

Vagabond142
12-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Heh... I had some onigiri made last week using one of the vids in that series, as well as some oyakodon on saturday.

T&T market actually has most if not all the weird and rare ingredients they list, I just had a lot of stuff laying around in the fridge I was able to use XD

Now I'm hungry too :( Gotta go make some lunch ;)

ringer
12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I already had lunch but now I want ramen or sushi

QuasarCav
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM
What is XD?

n1zm0
12-01-2009, 02:47 PM
haha i've seen a few of these with francis the dog, such nonsense but so interesting, the efficiency of some of the preperation methods are cool. Watch how much time actually goes into a bento box :eek: also the wording cracks me up "cut melon into quarter moons" :rofl:

but this is by far the coolest (and probably most fatty) way to make 'scrambled' eggs, idk where to find a square frying pan tho.

shzfK20TUj4

Vagabond142
12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
What is XD?

It's a smiley face combining the squishied eyes of >.< with the grinningness of :D , hence XD

clem24
12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Bukkake udon.. Nice. :D

Good find I gotta watch these when I get home.

GQBalla
12-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

but this is by far the coolest (and probably most fatty) way to make 'scrambled' eggs, idk where to find a square frying pan tho.

shzfK20TUj4

i think they are actually making tamago (egg but its sweet)

takes lotsa practice hard to make without burning

bignerd
12-02-2009, 07:26 PM
That is not Tamago-they filled that egg with something before flipping the first time. Tamago is just layers of egg, no filling (as far as I know). I know tons of people that love Tamago but I just can't get past sweet eggs.

xxxazntigerxx
12-02-2009, 11:48 PM
looks good anywhere that serves this in calgary

cooperS
12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
by far, sushi hiro and wa's are the places i tried is good for tamago.

its not plain egg, it's a mix of shrimp, japanese radish, fish booth, egg, japanese cooking wine, seasoning and soy sauce. most of the places in calgary only serves those frozen stuff that is import from vancouver or japan that taste gross.

HiSpec
12-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Supposely if you want to see if the japanese chef is up to par on his skills. The first thing and only thing you order is the tamago. If they can't do the egg correctly (the first thing they learn as a japanese chef) than don't bother eating there.