PDA

View Full Version : Student Loans?

403ep3
12-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey guys, I've been searching for the past hour looking for when the payments normally come. The website said that it would come at the beginning of the semester. Mount Royal is asking for the payments right now and the semester doesn't begin till January. When would I be expecting these loans? Anyone have any experience with Alberta and Canadian student loans?

Thanks in advance.

edit: found out I am deferred but when does it normally come btw?

Disoblige
12-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Like in U of C, I would assume if you took student loans that the "due date" does not apply to you and you wouldn't be charged interest on late fees since it is anticipated that the student loans will come (seems you already found that out).

With that said, they're usually disbursed early to late January. It's been like that for me for the past 2 years.

pinoyboy88
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Yup the school already knows that you will be paying your fees using student loans therefore you don't need to worry if it comes late. That happened to me last year.

H4LFY2nR
12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah they send the tuition money directly to the uni and the remaining balance should get to you sometime in January. Depends if you're getting them to direct deposit it or if they have to cut a check.