PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Disc read error? Feeling bold?

4wheeldrift
11-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Was looking for reviews on graphics cards, and stumbled into this by accident. An interesting article on Ars Technica about repairing your PS2 yourself if you are getting disc read errors.

http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/003/gaming/ps2/ps2-1.html

THE GOVERNATOR
11-21-2003, 08:29 PM
lol yea my ps2 did that but i sent it to sony in ontario getting fixed for free baby!!!!

and it sucks cause i jus bought tokyo extreme racer zero....dammit!!!:banghead:

/////AMG
11-21-2003, 09:34 PM
How long is a PS2 warrenty, 30 days?

4wheeldrift
11-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Something like that. I've had no problems with mine so far, and I got it just after they first came out but it seems like inevitably everyone has this problem sooner or later. Figured it might help someone out.

GingeRRRBeef
11-22-2003, 12:53 AM
you know what, if something like that happens ... go to futureshop ... by another PS2 ... but the broken one back in the box and return it! Works everytime! :D ... not that I'd do such a thing.

THE GOVERNATOR
11-22-2003, 04:10 PM
ummm...i bought my ps2 like almost 2 years ago i got a 5 year warrenty thank you zellers.....lol

no sony will fix it for you anyway regardless of warranty or not:clap: :clap:

3G
11-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
you know what, if something like that happens ... go to futureshop ... by another PS2 ... but the broken one back in the box and return it! Works everytime! :D ... not that I'd do such a thing.

:werd: that works @ Stupidstore ;)

Originally posted by THE GOVERNATOR
no sony will fix it for you anyway regardless of warranty or not:clap: :clap:

for free?

Redlyne_mr2
11-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Great Find.. That will really come in handy.

"Don't tell my wife...I didnt vaccum"..as if that guy has a wife

THE GOVERNATOR
11-22-2003, 06:03 PM
well i semi lied on that one lol Mx6GtTurbo they make you pay for shipping but other wise its free i it take 3-4 business weeks good thing i sent my express mail i should have it back next week or the week after. then i can play nfs:underground and toyko extreme racer zero and tony hawks underground hehe