PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 Quattro

max_boost
12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
So does anyone on here own one?

Basically it's the Audi version of the GTI correct? Curb weights are similar. Different design obviously but same engine.

I'm looking at the premium model $39950, fairly loaded in stock form. A bit more than the GTI but I like it for all the same reasons I love the GTI + it has AWD!

Audi dealers will to offer any discounts? :D

cocoabrova
12-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So does anyone on here own one?

Basically it's the Audi version of the GTI correct? Curb weights are similar. Different design obviously but same engine.

I'm looking at the premium model $39950, fairly loaded in stock form. A bit more than the GTI but I like it for all the same reasons I love the GTI + it has AWD!

Audi dealers will to offer any discounts? :D

Talk to Kerry :thumbsup:

irs
12-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes i own one. A 2009 bought it in march - april.
Love it. Fun to drive.
I have the 2.0 turbo. with sports package and sounds package.
They really do not deal there. Couldn't get myself down to a really good price. Bought mine from Glenmore Audi.

I am selling it to buy an suv for the family!
Check out my post in the market place.
Maybe you would be interested.

MK1GTI
12-02-2009, 04:20 PM
They will in fact make deals, they did when I bought my A3, go to carcostcanada.com, get the invoice cost and make on offer based on that.

When I bought my car I got the invoice cost from Car Cost Canada, I called one of the names listed on the report and told him that I was a Car Cost customer and I was interested in buying an A3 right away, the guy I talked to ended up being the owner of Glenmore and Royal Oak Audi, he arranged for me to meet with a salesman at Royal Oak.

The initial offer I got from the Sales Manager at Royal Oak wasn't great so I called the owner back and he and I worked out a much better deal over the phone. I ended up very happy with the deal.

Tik-Tok
12-02-2009, 04:48 PM
A friend has a 2007 3.2 Quattro S-Line. He loves it. His lease is coming up this year if your interested in a used (it does have a few km on it though almost 100k I think) :dunno:

GTI CANADIAN
12-02-2009, 05:02 PM
You should wait for the R20

cam_wmh
12-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Still no Quattro with a stick tho.

:thumbsdow

And still no word on the Golf-R, GTi-R, R20 or whatever the hell they call it , coming to North America.

:thumbsdow

benyl
12-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Did you get one yet?

I think you should get one. Why wait? Just do it.

pf0sh0
12-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Get one. A3's are sweet.
I work part time at Glenmore and they are fun car's to drive.
I think the TDI just came in too

max_boost
12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah I bet it would make a great daily driver except the only problem is, can't install a remote starter! Or you can but you better pray you don't have any warranty issues. The first thing the dealer will do is take the starter out. Talk about a total PITA!

It's also a shame that Subaru hasn't come out with a dual clutch transmission yet. The manual shifts really nice in the 265 but I really prefer auto but not the shitty auto haha

I might just keep my 06 and continue to use it as the daily/beater. The remote starter is so nice on days like this.

Aleks
12-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I think the new GTI is actually nicer than the A3 inside and outside. The only reason (IMO) to buy the A3 is AWD.

You still have the 265 I take it or no?

r3ccOs
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I'd take the new GTI... but the other half has a different opinion as to what our new requirements for a vehicle are.

I like the A3, its like a GTI advant... but as mentioned above, I'd like to see what engine/package options are availble in the future.

I can't see whether the A3 comes in a TDI w/ quattro... I'm also impartial to the new Golf Wagon w/ TDI