PDA

View Full Version : Any one working at a BMW Dealership?

b18c1
12-02-2009, 03:21 PM
im currently looking to import a car from the states, but to get a recall letter some parts need to be replaced ny bmw ie: drl and speedo. i just want to get an idea of how much it will cost

bubbley
12-02-2009, 03:35 PM
someone correct me if im wrong i think u can do some type of computer/dash upgrade thingy to get that done now..takes like an hour or something and no replacement needed

adidas
12-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Interested as well.

roopi
12-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Try searching the forum. This topic has been covered numerous times.

blownz
12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Phone the dealer. They do lots. My buddy just had his 09 X5 done.

C4S
12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Yup .. call them ..

Their service department actually love US grey import ... they can charge a lots!! :poosie:

Xtrema
12-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by C4S
Their service department actually love US grey import ... they can charge a lots!! :poosie:

Then give you the finger when you need warranty service.

b18c1
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
alright thanks guys, i called but they didnt really give me a price. but they said the main thing that needs to be replaced is the headlamps because of the no drl other then that its fine.

blownz
12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Yup .. call them ..

Originally posted by Xtrema

Then give you the finger when you need warranty service.

Actually my buddy has had zero problems dealing with Edmonton BMW with his imported X5. Although he also bought an 09 335 from them as well so he does have on US and one CDN car. But he had the US one first and he has nothing but good stuff to say about them.

Impreza
12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I hate BMW more and more by the day. On Monday, some lights were flashing on my dash. I looked them up in the manual and it said I needed to bring my car in to get it looked at. I call BMW Gallery and ask to speak with a service advisor. I wait for 15-20 minutes on the line, nobody picks up. It periodically gives me an option to press "9" to leave a message and they will call me back. So I finally decide to leave a message, and guess what? They never fucking called me back, and I left the message on MONDAY. Ridiculous. If my car wasn't covered under warranty, I would take my car elsewhere.

C4S
12-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by blownz

Actually my buddy has had zero problems dealing with Edmonton BMW with his imported X5. Although he also bought an 09 335 from them as well so he does have on US and one CDN car. But he had the US one first and he has nothing but good stuff to say about them.

Like I said, service people love US grey import, easy money for them, and no choice.

It does make sense too, 3 series, not worth to buy from US, after duty, some conversion etc .. may be just couple thousand dollar saving ...

However, X5, made in USA, no duty, and technically, needs nothing .... and with nowadays US market, people are dumping their big V8 SUV ... :dunno:

And it is Edmonton, they are dealing with way less US cars, compare to Calgary.

blownz
12-04-2009, 02:46 PM
^ he actually purchased the X5 brand new. He said it was funny how the dealers were begging for the sale down there. I think in the end his total cost was around 70k for a loaded X5 4.8

And so if the 'service people love them' and Calgary suposedly has way more US cars (is there a stat for that?) shouldn't the Calgary dealers be happier than the Edmonton ones? Why do you make it sound like he is only getting good service because it is in Edmonton?

Impreza
12-04-2009, 02:56 PM
^Calgary dealers give people with US vehicles a hard time when it comes to servicing, etc.