PDA

View Full Version : Police bust two human trafficking operations

Manhattan
12-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Police bust two human trafficking operations
Updated: Wed Dec. 02 2009 12:33:07

ctvcalgary.ca

Charges have been laid in two cases involving human trafficking.

Police say the two Calgary area cases are unrelated.

The first incident involves bawdy houses in Calgary.

Linh Quy To, 52, has been charged after several months of investigation.

Police say in September they identified a female suspect advertising erotic services by young Asian women on a free online ad service.

Police say while working at her salon, Alternative Hair Design at 4105 4 Street N.W., the suspect was heard on the phone offering up prostitution services by young women.

Undercover officers say they were also offered the chance to purchase two young Asian women. A negotiation took place and the two women, both originally from China, were sold to officers for $4,000 each.

Police say the age of the women sold were 25 and 41.

The second incident involves luring young women to Calgary from other areas in Canada.

On Monday, November 23rd police found three young women in a northwest hotel room.

Police believe the victims had been convinced online, using social networking sites, to come to Calgary to pursue modeling careers.

Codie Toby Cardinal, 38, has been charged with several offences including trafficking in persons and living on the avails of a prostitute under the age of 18. Cardinal is also goes by the firs name Brooklyn.

Didn't know this kinda shit happens in Calgary.

snoop101
12-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan

um its everywhere. Selling women though is a tad up there though.

Seriously though who would want to buy a women in here 40's anyways.

bubbley
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
:eek: thats pretty unreal

bulaian
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by snoop101

um its everywhere. Selling women though is a tad up there though.

Seriously though who would want to buy a women in here 40's anyways.

seriously, the guy who bought the 41 year old for $4000 got ripped off :drama:

cdnsir
12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
This makes me sick. 4 grand for a human being!? Come on she's a 41 years old hag, what a rip!

Joking aside, I had noticed these ads appearing on Craigslist and even Chinese newspaper ever since last year. Usually just have some bullshit description of how hot the girl is and then some random phone number. Advertising as call-in massages, but we all know too well what that means.

GQBalla
12-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan

really?

spike98
12-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by bulaian

But its JDM yo'

Overnighted from Japan!

lilmira
12-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Time to get my hair cut.

TorqueDog
12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by spike98
But its JDM yo'

Overnighted from Japan!
the two women, both originally from ChinaSorry dude, they're both counterfeit models.

snoop101
12-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Sorry dude, they're both counterfeit models.

Both do the same thing, just not as good quality. :D

ZenOps
12-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Mail order Russian Brides too, if you prefer white that is...

$583,000 for a 80,000 seat sport stadium in the US.

$4,000 for a MOB.

Yeesh, I swear... Put all of your money into gold now - the World is a crumbling.

ChappedLips
12-02-2009, 05:41 PM
So you pay $4,000 for the girl then what?

Do they become your personal slave and whats to keep them from running away?

ZenOps
12-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ChappedLips
So you pay $4,000 for the girl then what?

Do they become your personal slave and whats to keep them from running away?

Unfortunately - usually they leave their parents and kin at home. If they run away, bad things happen to that family.

There was a time when the slave trade in Canada was well into the high $5-digit (even in the seventies, which by todays standard is even more) Sad that there are areas and situations now - that people are willing to be indentured servitude for a mere $4K.

Hell if someone caught me out of Canada, I'd think I'd be worth at least $2 million...

kertejud2
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Sorry dude, they're both counterfeit models.

Damn.

FS: Two women, $2K obo.

I am willing to part them out. Cash only plz.

snoop101
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps

Unfortunately - usually they leave their parents and kin at home. If they run away, bad things happen to that family.

There was a time when the slave trade in Canada was well into the high $5-digit (even in the seventies, which by todays standard is even more) Sad that there are areas and situations now - that people are willing to be indentured servitude for a mere $4K.

So another words.. I buy one and one month later she takes off. I take my reciept to the person I bought her from and then they off her family. :confused:

nonlinear
12-02-2009, 05:59 PM
here's the woman who was charged:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/topstories/2009/12/02/tp-cgy-linh-quy-to.jpg

ZenOps
12-02-2009, 06:00 PM

So another words.. I buy one and one month later she takes off. I take my reciept to the person I bought her from and then they off her family. :confused:

Surprisingly enough, there is a refund policy.

If the person runs - you get your choice of the next batch. And there is always a next batch...

And believe it or not - there are *actually* people who buy the freedom of others - and then let them go without ever meeting the person. Its like buying a $5 coffee at starbucks and then donating to a childrens hospital. There comes a point where you just start doing things for the sake of doing things, like paying thousands in money to bunjee jump off a bridge.

JRSC00LUDE
12-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Surprisingly enough, there is a refund policy.

If the person runs - you get your choice of the next batch. And there is always a next batch...

And believe it or not - there are *actually* people who buy the freedom of others - and then let them go without ever meeting the person. Its like buying a $5 coffee at starbucks and then donating to a childrens hospital. There comes a point where you just start doing things for the sake of doing things, like paying thousands in money to bunjee jump off a bridge.

You should get a custom user title like "Beyond's Cliff Claven" because dear god, you are the most informed and versed person in every topic under the sun that I've ever seen.

I've never understood your motivation for joining this forum but please, don't ever leave. Even if your starship comes for you, make them wait for all our sakes.

Xtrema
12-02-2009, 06:29 PM

One is for cooking, one is for fucking.

Both do the same thing, just not as good quality. :D

Pussy is pussy. I thought cougars are hornier too, no?

traviswithaG
12-02-2009, 06:35 PM
:rofl:

oh dammit quote fail....

" one is for cooking one is for fucking " -- that one

Xtrema
12-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Apparently they are supposed to be teens but ended up to be 25 and 41 year olds.

No wonder they got busted. Cop ain't happy with what he got.

:rofl:

beyond_ban
12-03-2009, 01:10 PM

Especially considering that 99% of these women are used for a prostitution first. Lots of these girls come either through the east port, or the west. If they come from the east, they are usually used as whores in a whore house in 1-2 cities before making it to Calgary. Once the whore is all used up and no longer wanted, they sell her off. The same thing with the girls coming from BC. They live in a city for a month or so before the customers get tired, and then they are shipped out or sold to keep the stock fresh. Sad, but true. At least its no where near the market that is found over in Europe and Asia.

ZenOps
12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
You pretty much got it. Canada is actually a terrible market for sex slaves.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/06/29/are-we-blushing-yet/

Necessity breeds demand. There is actually much more demand in many Euro nations than Canada. There are probably just as many males here that would rather have a two hour WoW session and send the girlfriend off the shopping mall (here babe, have some money and go have fun.)

France has a surprisingly large sex trade/slave market - as a trade hub because of its proximity, not because of want.

I can say that however... The English speaking German females in Alberta can be pretty freaky, and tend to sway either way (and/or rent a poolboy for themselves) I blame the stampede.

Toma
12-03-2009, 02:05 PM
You can buy your own woman for $4k?

Why haven't I heard of this before?

Buy 2 for general house cleaning services, meal preparation, laundry...

fuck, that's much cheaper than getting married, and they don't get half if things go wrong. or you upgrade for a newer model "dishwasha" lol.

snoop101
12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Toma
You can buy your own woman for $4k?

Why haven't I heard of this before?

Buy 2 for general house cleaning services, meal preparation, laundry...

fuck, that's much cheaper than getting married, and they don't get half if things go wrong. or you upgrade for a newer model "dishwasha" lol.

And they put out.

LadyLuck
12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
here's the woman who was charged:

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/topstories/2009/12/02/tp-cgy-linh-quy-to.jpg

HOLY SHIT!

That was my friends old Landlord. she rented out a place in thorncliffe. She was a c*nt. Always barged in the house without knocking or calling in advance and tried to up the rent all the time.

This is hilarious!!!!!!

Toma
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
You pretty much got it. Canada is actually a terrible market for sex slaves.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2009/06/29/are-we-blushing-yet/

Hahhahaha....

All that survey proves is that Canadians are bigger liars than anyone else lol...

23 average for men?? hahahahhahahahahhahahahaha does that include what the average guy had to pay for?

And 10 for women? Do the math lol.

Legless_Marine2
12-03-2009, 02:22 PM
$4000?

Think of how many of these poor women could be set free for just a modest sum.

OTOH, it'd probably just encourage the pricks that traffick in them.

Jetsons
12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
When will someone traffic Sweedish supermodels? Enough of this nasty asian stuff....

DonJuan
03-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Any more info on this case? LINK? SPECIFICALLY REGARDING IF SHE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY.

Totally Hypothetical Scenario:

If someone I know were to have information of her travelling plans to a country without any standing extradition policy with a large amount of guaranteed funds who should they contact?

End Hypothetical Scenario

This is all hypothetical of course as I am governing myself accordingly. And as far as I know the long arm of the Beyond CSI doesn't reach across oceans.

97'Scort
03-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Canadian Border Services. Although if she is awaiting trial or convicted she won't be able to leave via an airport here. I'm sure there is a way though...

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

DonJuan
03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Shit... she just tranferred all her assets into her son's name... Hypothetically of course.

and by "transferred" I mean made cookies. And by "assets" I mean magical powers.

B20EF
03-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Legless_Marine2
OTOH, it'd probably just encourage the pricks that traffick in them.

yah simple economics. If there is no demand, then no need for supply.

97'Scort
03-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Shit... she just tranferred all her assets into her son's name... Hypothetically of course.

and by "transferred" I mean made cookies. And by "assets" I mean magical powers.
Hypothetically, you should call CPS and ask for the detective in charge of the case. I'm sure he'd like to know where all the hypothetical magic cookies went.