PDA

View Full Version : Car was broken into

ThreePly
11-22-2003, 02:21 AM
If anyone parks at the 39th Avenue train station, please be careful where you park. I had my car broken into in the far south side of the parking lot.

If anyone comes across someone trying to sell a 2002 Burton Motion 157 snowboard, please let me know. I was going to wax my board after work, so this is the one time I put it in my car. The bindings are red Burton Custom's and setup in the goofie foot position.

The board is almost identical to the one here: http://www.outdoorreview.com/Snowboards/Freeride,2002/Burton,Motion/PRD_96715_4194crx.aspx
except mine is orange and blue. I've only ever seen one other board identical to mine. If you happen to stumble across one with red bindings, then it's mine for sure.

the pictures attached are the only good pictures I have of it.

I think they scoped my car out the day before and were going to hit my car regardless. They tore my dash up pretty good and cut my battery wires. They also got away with a Pioneer 6 disc CD Changer. Don't really care about my changer, but I'm pissed about my snowboard.

Since it was so damn cold out, it cost me 60 bucks to tow my car to Silverhill which is only like 2 kilometers away. I'm choked about that too.

thanks,

-Dennis

pinoyhero
11-22-2003, 04:57 AM
Damn, sorry to hear about your luck, hopefully beyond can help find your board.

rc2002
11-22-2003, 11:15 AM
That really sucks! I hope you find your stuff. It's a real eye-opener because I park at 39th Avenue sometimes...

I would think that those idiots wouldn't strike on such a cold day. What time of day did they break in?

tommy1223
11-22-2003, 11:59 AM
those idiots strike on any day.

ThreePly
11-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
That really sucks! I hope you find your stuff. It's a real eye-opener because I park at 39th Avenue sometimes...

I would think that those idiots wouldn't strike on such a cold day. What time of day did they break in?

ya, I didn't think they'd strike either. The only reason I brought the snowboard was 'cause it was so damn cold out there and they don't usually break into cars when it's this cold. When I filed the police report even the officer was surprised. This happened between 9am and 6pm. Most likely in the morning because it had snowed a bit yesterday and the snow was untouched on my car when I showed up after work.

Next time, I'm parking in a more high traffic area. The south end of the lot is pretty dead. I'm gonna park right along 39th avenue by the impound lot like I usually do in the summer.

I should also mention that everyone shoudl get a backup battery for their alarm that is well hidden. This is the 2nd time my car has been broken into in this manner. They pop the hood, cut all the wires they can see and then they get to work on the car. I spent $700 on my alarm and none of it seemed to matter if they can disable it so quickly. I'm gonna be rectifying this situation this time so this doesn't happen a 3rd time. Wish I woulda done it the first time it got broken into, but I didn't figure it was gonna happen again. Firs time was way worse though, this one isn't too bad.