PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with Compustar Remote Starters

Speed_69
12-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I have an 07 Accord with a Compustar Pro alarm and starter. It works great but whenever I remote start my car, the rear defroster does not automatically turn on as well which is quite annoying because when I get to my vehicle, I have to wait few more minutes for my rear window to defrost even though the rest of my car is warm and ready to go. As many of you know, a lot of newer vehicles rear defroster needs to be turned on manually every time you start the vehicle unlike older vehicles.

Is there an option available for me to change this on my compustar unit?

captain134
12-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I was thinking about the same thing. I would like the rear defrost to come on as well as the heated seats. Anyone know how hard it would be to do this stuff?

I have an 09 F150

Rarasaurus
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
As far as i know it is a matter of programing the remote, so that when you hold one of the buttons is turns on the defrost and if you hold another it turns on the heated seats. They will probably charge you extra to program this but i dont know how much.

MintRacer
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
^^ not that simple, the various other accessories would need to be wired to the brain of the remote starter.

Thaco
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
yeah, it's a bunch more wiring for those features.

fierodude
01-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah you would need extra relays and lots of wiring. There are extra outputs but they cant handle the current so lots of extra wiring but it can be done.

LongCity
01-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Is there a way to have the doors automatically unlock when you pull out the key from the ignition?

Dr_Funk
01-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by LongCity
Is there a way to have the doors automatically unlock when you pull out the key from the ignition?

I don't know about Accords, but I have an 06 Civic and you can program the car to do this.

LongCity
01-04-2010, 12:33 AM
I have an 07'. Do you have the pro series? How'd you do it?

TomcoPDR
01-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by MintRacer
^^ not that simple, the various other accessories would need to be wired to the brain of the remote starter.

Originally posted by fierodude
Yeah you would need extra relays and lots of wiring. There are extra outputs but they cant handle the current so lots of extra wiring but it can be done.

Lot of remote systems have "AUX" buttons, but you need an electronic expertise to design and custom wire these to your vehicle... Not as simple as putting the "AUX" wire to the defroster wire. (need fuse, resistor, diode, etc... pending on vehicle)

But that's AFAIK

core_upt
01-04-2010, 10:32 AM
From way back when I sold these, we would not recommend wiring rear defrosters or heated seats b/c of their constant power draw, and complications if the starter cut out, or failed to start... ie. starter doesn't turn the engine on, but runs the rear defroster.... Not sure how much has changed since then, but take it back to where they installed it and ask them....

ExtraSlow
01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
On my mazda, the heated seats will stay however you left them when you shut the car off. so we just turn ont he seats when we shut down, and they come right on when the car starts up. I suspect it'd be somewhat more complext for the defroster though.
For me, it's not that big of a deal for the rear defrost anyway. if the window is ice covered, I'll scrape it anyway, and if it's not, no worries. I guess if you had frost inside your car, that could be an issue, but you should just try to dehumidify your car interior.

Dr_Funk
01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I have an 07'. Do you have the pro series? How'd you do it?

Its actually a feature of the car, not the remote starter/alarm itself. I can't remember the exact steps but it should be outlined in the car manual (if it is available). You can program the car to automatically lock once you put the car into drive (or first gear) and then unlock when you put it into park.

By the way, I have the RF2W900 remote and its not picking up the signal from the car. The 1-way back up remote works fine, but the 2way LCD remote is not sending/receiving signal from the car. ANyone has any clue why? I was away for about 2 weeks and it was working perfectly fine before.

LongCity
01-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Funk

Its actually a feature of the car, not the remote starter/alarm itself. I can't remember the exact steps but it should be outlined in the car manual (if it is available). You can program the car to automatically lock once you put the car into drive (or first gear) and then unlock when you put it into park.

Mine used to automatically unlock (still automatically locks when I drive) once I pulled the key out of the ignition but since getting the starter/alarm, the car stays running until I get out and close the door. I just thought it might be the starter/alarm since that was the new addition that changed the auto unlock. I'll look up the driver's manual though.

realazy
01-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Funk

By the way, I have the RF2W900 remote and its not picking up the signal from the car. The 1-way back up remote works fine, but the 2way LCD remote is not sending/receiving signal from the car. ANyone has any clue why? I was away for about 2 weeks and it was working perfectly fine before.

Check the battery of the 2-way remote. When it's almost dead it doesn't send or receive any signals but the screen is still on.

Mine used to automatically unlock (still automatically locks when I drive) once I pulled the key out of the ignition but since getting the starter/alarm, the car stays running until I get out and close the door. I just thought it might be the starter/alarm since that was the new addition that changed the auto unlock. I'll look up the driver's manual though.

Your car still thinks the "key" is in the ignition until your car is shut off by the remote starter. My car has this blinking key light when I pull out the key but if it's in reservation mode, that light doesn't blink until the compustar shuts the car off.

xplicit_sir
01-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep reservation mode in place even though you unlocked the doors? It's such a pain when you have to restart your car and set it up again. My car is a manual transmission

ex) forgot your wallet in the car.

Speed_69
01-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Also does anyone know how to set the RPS unlock feature? I tried for months getting the thing to work but still have yet to complete it.

Here's the thread I made about it but got no reponse:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/239950/compustar-pro-rps-unlock-help/

ExtraSlow
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by xplicit_sir
Does anyone know if there is a way to keep reservation mode in place even though you unlocked the doors? It's such a pain when you have to restart your car and set it up again. My car is a manual transmission

That would be awesome. It's a huge pain.

Speed_69
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by xplicit_sir

That would be awesome if they had like a button on the remote that you could do this.

I always have to restart my car and set it up again because I forget something in the car.