PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic adults

kertejud2
12-04-2009, 04:06 PM
So I was at the mall with some friends, walking with my usual swagger when I asked what we were going to do. It being a pretty shitty day one of my friends suggested we go to her house and smoke weed. Us being late teens/early 20 somethings it seemed like a good idea, what else were we going to do?

I couldn't help but notice this old dude listening in on our conversation, walking like he had a stick up his ass. He gave a look like he was very disgusted about our choice of a Friday afternoon activity.

What was this guy doing in the mall on a 2pm on a Friday anyway? Doesn't he have a job? Or a life?

Is all of Generation X really this pathetic?

Rstar
12-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Sounds like your free time would have been better spent fucking your girlfriend at home. Why are you so lazy!

GQBalla
12-04-2009, 04:12 PM
wow best thread ever.....:whocares: :whocares: :whocares:

4lti
12-04-2009, 04:13 PM
lolol

Jetsons
12-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

better than the other one.

JfuckinC
12-04-2009, 04:14 PM

i think you missed the point brother :rofl:

JimmyJones
12-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't know if they all are, but if he goes to a tailor you know for sure he is gay. All the straight guys would rather get felt up by an old Asian lady rather then than some dude.

GQBalla
12-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

i think you missed the point brother :rofl:

no no i see the point.

hes raggin on 89coupe

kertejud2
12-04-2009, 04:23 PM

no no i see the point.

hes raggin on 89coupe

Thanks for the bumps though.

sexualbanana
12-04-2009, 07:36 PM
http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/lg/3/3/Maxi-Posters-The-Muppets--Statler---Waldorf--331701.jpg

zieg
12-04-2009, 08:08 PM
drugs are bad

7thgenvic
12-04-2009, 08:15 PM
OOO SWEET! TYPICAL BEYOND... Coming From a fucking N00b. I don't give this thread much credit.

adidas
12-04-2009, 08:17 PM
ib4l

scat19
12-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2
So I was at the mall with some friends, walking with my usual swagger when I asked what we were going to do. It being a pretty shitty day one of my friends suggested we go to her house and smoke weed. Us being late teens/early 20 somethings it seemed like a good idea, what else were we going to do?

I couldn't help but notice this old dude listening in on our conversation, walking like he had a stick up his ass. He gave a look like he was very disgusted about our choice of a Friday afternoon activity.

What was this guy doing in the mall on a 2pm on a Friday anyway? Doesn't he have a job? Or a life?

yes.

Dj_Stylz
12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
09..'s i think

TDFTW
12-04-2009, 08:24 PM
lol @ parody

DannyO
12-04-2009, 08:25 PM
http://fast1.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/witchan/i_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Canmorite
12-04-2009, 08:42 PM
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/8874/534476817ed5c1011e8.jpg

kertejud2
12-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Sort of ruins my homage (of course people overreacting to feigned jackassery to point out hypocrisy in the other thread caused that one to be shut down) but...

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/287179/pathetic-teens/

In my perfect world the tailor, the dealer, the parent and numerous other people with a fake involvement would have also created threads filling in the generation gaps and expanding on the story to epic levels, but I suppose that was aiming pretty damn high.

Maybe I should considerably lower my expectations.

Jlude
12-04-2009, 09:39 PM

Maybe I should considerably lower my expectations.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Beyond can be hit or miss sometimes.

Tik-Tok
12-04-2009, 10:04 PM
After reading that pathetic other thread, it reminds me how ironic it is that some people *cough89coupecough* seem to think alcohol and pot are so very different.

I have no doubts he and his friends did a little mid-day drinking when they were young.

Jlude
12-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
After reading that pathetic other thread, it reminds me how ironic it is that some people *cough89coupecough* seem to think alcohol and pot are so very different.

I have no doubts he and his friends did a little mid-day drinking when they were young.

I'm sure his lunch bills aren't just for food... and he's not young.

Stephen81
12-04-2009, 10:36 PM
I hate to get all white knight but I was with 89coupe 100% in that other thread...

For as many people that see nothing wrong with smoking a j, there are just as many that shake their heads and can't comprehend it.

Fair enough...I don't really see where they're coming from so I wouldn't expect them to see it how I do. And I totally agree there's probably a ton of people who smoke up and do very well for themselves...but again, also a ton of people who don't and are successful.

Pollywog
12-04-2009, 10:42 PM
10 e-rep points for this thread.

Im stoned, any of your drunk asses want a ride home? At least you'll get there alive with me.

traviswithaG
12-04-2009, 10:42 PM
that got closed but the watari chang thing didn't.
ummm can someone kindly explain the logic behind that to me?

The_Rural_Juror
12-04-2009, 10:43 PM
^That's an Uncle Dude right there.

traviswithaG
12-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

Im stoned, any of your drunk asses want a ride home? At least you'll get there alive with me.

:facepalm:

kertejud2
12-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
After reading that pathetic other thread, it reminds me how ironic it is that some people seem to think alcohol and pot are so very different.

While I agree with you as beer snob I feel that drinking is on a different cultural and intellectual plane than pretty much every other vice out there, but on a basic level the reasons behind the casual use is the same.

Is 'lets go smoke some weed at my hose' really any different than 'lets go have some beers at my house'? If weed were legal and available in cafe's would 'lets go to "Willem van Oranje's and smoke a joint"' would be just as acceptable as 'lets go to Paddy O'Sullivan's and have a pint"' as after work plans on a Friday.

And even though I feel that the only proper thing to 'chill out' with after a long day when you get home is a quality craft beer, I'll tolerate philistines who decide to smoke weed instead because at the basic level we just want something good.

However my analogy may run thing when I comapre the effects of my enjoying going crazy with alcohol (going from tasting good beer to drinking glasses of Jameson and chasing it by skulling whatever pisswater was one sale is still better than upgrading from quality weed to say, heroin chased by cocaine). Of course its unfair to weed to compare it to those narcotics when there are numerous pharmeceuticals, perhaps in our medicine cabinets which are actual relatives to heroin while marijuana is only lumped in because its illegal like heroin, not because of any chemical similarities.

Pollywog
12-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by traviswithaG

:facepalm:

Great argument!

Str1der
12-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

Number?

G-Suede
12-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton
And I totally agree there's probably a ton of people who smoke up and do very well for themselves...but again, also a ton of people who don't and are successful.

Just like there are a ton that don't smoke it and are still total fucking skulls.

Kavy
12-05-2009, 12:02 AM

Is 'lets go smoke some weed at my hose' really any different than 'lets go have some beers at my house'?

Yes one takes place at a house, the other seems to take place at a hose.

I can't believe you made a thread to carry this on.

I'm not a fan of coupe because of the way he presents himself 98% of the time, but your presenting yourself to be just as bad 100% of the time.

I like the fact that people have opinions and love debating my own, but I don't think personal attacks are needed.

kertejud2
12-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

Yes one takes place at a house, the other seems to take place at a hose.

Most hoses are at a house, so the point stands. (In winter most hoses are taken inside to boot).

I can't believe you made a thread to carry this on.

I had a grand plan, it didn't work out. In my defense I made this thread well before I even posted in the other after it was apparent my masterpiece would never come to fruition.

I'm not a fan of coupe because of the way he presents himself 98% of the time, but your presenting yourself to be just as bad 100% of the time.

Its my consistency that sets me apart, he just half-asses it.

I like the fact that people have opinions and love debating my own, but I don't think personal attacks are needed.

Its tough to avoid them when debates get to be about personal choices, don't you think?

Kavy
12-05-2009, 01:00 AM

Its tough to avoid them when debates get to be about personal choices, don't you think?

Its not tough at avoid them at all, Attack the issue not the person.

I'm not saying i didn't laugh when i read the first post, I did. I did know where you were going with it i was just hoping it would keep going down that road as opposed to the way it has traveled.

kertejud2
12-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Kavy

Its not tough at avoid them at all, Attack the issue not the person.

Using personal issues/choices/info/associations to degrade the person in lieu of an argument is one thing, using their issues/choices/info/associations to point out their own hypocrisy of the issue is another.

And quite often attacking the issue is attacking the person, the only change is a minor semantic one to try and veil the attack. For example if Brian Burke had come out and said "I feel homosexuality is immoral and unnatural, but I love my son" would his son not take that personally despite dad attacking homosexuality itself, not homosexuals?

Why isn't there the same outcry against personal attacks when people refer to somebody as a 'stupid driver' rather than somebody who was 'driving stupid'? Because we don't "know" these people does that really make it any less personal?

I'm not saying i didn't laugh when i read the first post, I did. I did know where you were going with it i was just hoping it would keep going down that road as opposed to the way it has traveled.

I think there's salvagable discussion, depends on what people wish to focus on I suppose.

Nufy
12-05-2009, 10:23 AM

What were you & your friends doing at the mall at 2pm on a Friday ???

Don't you have jobs, Lives ?????????

Is your generation really that pathetic ????

G-Suede
12-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Nufy

What were you & your friends doing at the mall at 2pm on a Friday ???

Don't you have jobs, Lives ?????????

Is your generation really that pathetic ????

:facepalm: Did you miss the short-bus in all that snow?

CUG
12-05-2009, 12:22 PM
I kind of agreed with 89coupe in a small way, but not to the same degree. I think people who smoke weed like cigarettes just to maintain are in pretty rough shape.

As much as the generation after mine is pathetic (compared to mine) they're entitled to have all the degenerations as previous ones..

I smoke hookah a lot when I'm at home, even thought it's not even close to the same.. in fact, that's all I did yesterday while playing MW2, and I probably made more money than 89coupe this week monday to thursday.. actually, I know I did. :rofl:

CUG
12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
PS:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/287231/pathetic-seniors/

Spoons
12-05-2009, 01:10 PM

How can you can you call their generation pathetic when our generation gets off on Britney Spears and Auto-Tune. If anything, it is our generation that is full of pathetic idiots.

Redlyne_mr2
12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Pot kettle black

kertejud2
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Pot kettle black

What does race and kitchenware have to do with this?