PDA

View Full Version : Recognition to the good people of Calgary

Hamann
12-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Just wanted to give a :thumbsup: to all the people who helped someone out today, with the shitty weather conditions and all.

Especially the 2 Nice gentleman who helped me get unstuck in the Deerfoot Mall parking lot after I pulled off a pretty stupid move getting stuck on a snow pile :rolleyes:

I can honestly say I have a new found respect for little Suzuki Tracker's, those little things have the heart of a champion :thumbsup:

FYD524
12-05-2009, 01:41 AM
I concur. There was a lot of pushing and shoving today. Thanks to the people that helped me out. Hope I was just as helpful.

ibtintn
12-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks to the guy who got me unstuck after I was doing donuts and didnt see that 3' drift. I am soaked now.

DonJuan
12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Are you all hot women? Plz post pics.

LOL!

Good job to all of you being neighbourly!

v2kai
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
props and thanks to the 3 guys that pushed my little FWD lowered snowplow after getting highcentered down the st from my house in residential NW. didnt get to say thanks but forwarded the karma by suiting up and pushing others and digging out people for a good solid hour :thumbsup: ah to be canadian:burnout:

Lex350
12-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I always try and help people who are stuck when I can...its a karma thing...because I know that one day my turn is coming.

Cody D
12-05-2009, 03:41 PM
This is the best part of all the horrible weather, well this and power sliding in the snow.

project240
12-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I was out for the morning and helped push out 3 or 4 people. I watched as 20 or 30 people drove by without stopping...

I find in Calgary they're aren't that many people who are willing to "waste" their time helping someone else...

For each person I helped it only took about 5 minutes of my time and makes you feel good for doing a good deed. I wish there were more people willing to stop and help out neighbors/fellow drivers.

Alterac
12-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I spent alot of time shoveling, pushing, and driving around making more passable tracks.

My neighbors and I even shoveled the road. lol.. fixed alot of issues that were infront of my house, and the cul-de-sac.

Gibson
12-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah, spent a few hours with a few guys around the neighborhood clearing the roads and helping people who were stuck. Then some douchefuck in a Chrysler Intrepid who I suspect may have been the same guy who did absolutely nothing to help me last night got totally stuck and overheated his engine. I laughed but decided to help him out in the end.

turbotrip
12-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I was stuck infront of my house, and had 3 people stop to help within 2 minutes :thumbsup: me blocking the entire 4 way stop might have had something to do with it though lol

Perfect Dark
12-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I made sure to stop whenever I could to help out...but first I would park in whatever they were stuck in. Once they were clear I would hop back into the STi and pull away like the snow wasn't even there :D

Man I love this car.

mowglee
12-07-2009, 11:56 AM
This guy in a black F-150 Harley Davidson edition was driving around with a tow rope pulling people out of the snow Saturday morning. I'm like wow you da man!

There was a snow mountain beside my house at least 7 feet high (no joke) and cars still trying to go through it :facepalm: . 3 of us were pushing people out for about an hour later on Saturday night.

jjmac
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks and your welcome :clap:

Dj_Stylz
12-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks to the 4 people that help me get my Altima out of Abbeydale. Took about a hour!:thumbsup:

stevieo
12-07-2009, 04:26 PM
I helped a few peeps on saturday early morning..ended up having my front bumper get torn off by the snow hahaha

Kloubek
12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks to the 40 to 50 vehicles which passed right by me in Abbeydale while I tried to rock my truck out. Not only did none of you help, but just when I started getting momentum, not one of you decided to pause for 10 seconds to give me enough time to actually get onto the road.... effectively making what could have been a 1 minute delay into a game of me repeatedly having to re-gain momentum over and over again - only to brake and wait for the next car to pass.

FUCK YOU ALL.

(And thank you to the one guy who stopped to push our Corolla on Beddington Road on Saturday)