PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Vancouver

Tetsugen
12-05-2009, 03:42 AM
I think I'm getting relocated within the next while to Vancouver. My office is going to be near Stanley Park, my question to you real estate guru's is should I purchase now or after the olympics ? I'm hoping to snag a pretty decent luxury apartment close by work.

eblend
12-05-2009, 10:30 AM
after olympics when vancouver has nothing else going for it, in my opinion. I heard lots of talk shows in Vancouver when I was there saying exact that, so I would wait till it all dies down. Real estate in vancouver is fucked up

UndrgroundRider
12-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't follow realestate over there very much, but I have heard that quite a few people are holding onto properties to rent them out at top dollar during the olympics.

cocoabrova
12-08-2009, 12:10 AM
If you don't mind the commute, it'd be cheaper living in one of the suburbs i.e. Burnaby/Coquitlam/New West as opposed to right in VanCity-pre OR post Olympics....

C_Dave45
12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Having grown up in the West End, East End and working 20 years in the downtown core, I can't believe how many listings there are for apt under $500k. They're small...but some are really nice with gorgeous views!! If you get a newer highrise they have some pretty nice "common amenities". Even in the Coal Harbour area around Georgia St are some beautiful units.

Over 200 different listings just in the West End alone, under 500k.

Antonito
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Wait until after the Olympics, the Olympic Village is going to be up for sale, so there's another ~1000 units on the market to mess with supply and demand.