PDA

View Full Version : Good restaurant to take a first date

ExtremeSi
11-22-2003, 01:44 PM
Ok, well it's not really a first date, but a friend of mine just had her birthday and I said I'll take her out to dinner for her present. Now, I want this girl to be more than just a friend, so i want to impress her, but not go over the top. I'm looking for a nice semi-fancy restaurant that I can take her and spend under $100 for the both of us. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

SinisterProbeGt
11-22-2003, 01:49 PM
Carvers Steak House in the north

The number one steakhouse in Calgary, the ambiance of Carver's Steakhouse delights the
eye with modern art, and a warm décor, enhanced
by impeccable service.

Carver's Steakhouse was designed to embrace and showcase the finest beef
the province of Alberta has to offer. Contemporary design and furniture,
surrounded by warm colours and textures, make Carver's an excellent
location to meet with business colleagues and friends. Readers of Calgary
Where magazine awarded Carver's Steakhouse as the "Steakhouse of the
year" in 1999. And "Restaurant of the Year"in 2000.

Open Monday to Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm

• Click here to view a panorama view of Carver's Steakhouse • (http://www.sheraton-calgary.com/panoramas/carvers/carvers.HTM)

Ben
11-22-2003, 01:53 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_search.gif (http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=) for lots of great threads on this.

Kona9
11-22-2003, 01:57 PM
that panorama view made me :barf:
looks like a nice place though:thumbsup:

hjr
11-22-2003, 02:25 PM
McDonalds. Your paying for the night anyways, why splurge on a meal? :rofl: j/k

GTS Jeff
11-22-2003, 07:18 PM
if u are a good enough friend to take her out on a $100 dinner, id say that u are already stuck in the friendzone and really have no chance at the pussy.

inspire
11-22-2003, 07:24 PM
i used to work at carver's, easily best steakhouse in town

gkAeris
11-22-2003, 07:27 PM
teatro's across from telus convention center,

it's classy, 2 people with dessert and main course and appeitzer for $98 before tax...nice atmosphere.....i don't know what kind of food they serve...it's like werid stuff like lamb, veal and of course steak, they're soup is unordianry like we had this egg plant stuff, it's different

Gondi Stylez
11-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
teatro's across from telus convention center,

it's classy, 2 people with dessert and main course and appeitzer for $98 before tax...nice atmosphere.....i don't know what kind of food they serve...it's like werid stuff like lamb, veal and of course steak, they're soup is unordianry like we had this egg plant stuff, it's different

my reccomendation as well!! 5 star resturant and the exc. chef is on foodtv!! :thumbsup:

Seanith
11-23-2003, 12:17 AM
how do you get to this carvers place? hey dude i wouldn't recommend spending $100 on the first "date" though.. who knows this girl might be like my girl that can hardly finish a salad on her own and you'll look like a a pig lol.. :D

Paul
11-23-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by hjr
McDonalds. Your paying for the night anyways, why splurge on a meal? :rofl: j/k

:werd: "Take-out and Make-out"

If you're going through drive-thru, make her pay for the gas.:bigpimp:

GTS Jeff
11-23-2003, 01:50 AM
oh yea, heres another idea. if u buy her a $100 dinner, she will think, "oh what a nice friend" not "me so horny" as u want.

if u want her to think the latter, u should do something like go out for a decent $30 dinner, then tell her something to the effect of "i want us to be more than friends. i cant help it. u are too attractive. itll be better for both of us." then wait and see what happens. if she wants u, then ure good, if not, then u will not have to waste anymore time on her. whatever u do, dont be a pussy and think that she will get the hint from a nice dinner.

accordboi_02
11-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
oh yea, heres another idea. if u buy her a $100 dinner, she will think, "oh what a nice friend" not "me so horny" as u want.

if u want her to think the latter, u should do something like go out for a decent $30 dinner, then tell her something to the effect of "i want us to be more than friends. i cant help it. u are too attractive. itll be better for both of us." then wait and see what happens. if she wants u, then ure good, if not, then u will not have to waste anymore time on her. whatever u do, dont be a pussy and think that she will get the hint from a nice dinner.

:werd:

Don't spend too much cash on her, take her to an average place and then see if she will be "more than friends" (read: have sex with you) with you, and then go from there.

Don't waste your time & money on a "friend" - it would be better spent on a girl that you have a chance with.

And if you decide to spend a lot of cash on her, and then she's with you, drop the bitch immediately; would you really want a girl that will only like you when you spend money on her???

Davetronz
11-23-2003, 02:29 AM
Hhahahah the Carvers panaramic view made me ill as well!

gkAeris
11-23-2003, 06:12 AM

Originally posted by accordboi_02

Don't spend too much cash on her, take her to an average place and then see if she will be "more than friends" (read: have sex with you) with you, and then go from there.

Don't waste your time & money on a "friend" - it would be better spent on a girl that you have a chance with.

And if you decide to spend a lot of cash on her, and then she's with you, drop the bitch immediately; would you really want a girl that will only like you when you spend money on her???

question: is this what men maybe boys really think, just sex sex sex, how about he likes the girl and he wants to date her and get to know her, (maybe there is sex LATER) but how about, liking her?????:dunno:

ExtremeSi
11-23-2003, 01:27 PM

You're so right Jeff. You always speak the truth and some people can't handle it, but I almost always agree with what you have to say. I mean I know I said $100 max, but that's only cause I'm trying to explore all my options. I would rather spend around $30-$50 to see if she really does like me as you said. I mean I don't want to just get this girl into my bed, I really really like her, so I'm not trying to impress her with money, I just want to take her to a nice place. So what's a good place in your opinion in that price range that's not too cheesy or cheap looking?

Originally posted by gkAeris

question: is this what men maybe boys really think, just sex sex sex, how about he likes the girl and he wants to date her and get to know her, (maybe there is sex LATER) but how about, liking her?????:dunno:
I'm not looking for a girl to just take home for the night. I'm not expecting anything that night at all except to find out if she likes me, so I mean yes that is all some guys think, but not all. The topic has been beaten to death on this forum I know, but there will always be the same questions and the same variety of answers.
So thanks for the replies and I'll see what happens on Friday

:thumbsup:

illeagle
11-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Good luck!!!!!! Just fuckin Giv'er:whipped:

link785
11-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by ExtremeSi

Be sure to let us know how it turned out, we usually never get to hear what happened :(

Seanith
11-23-2003, 01:39 PM
heres some cheaper alternatives

Moxies $20 - 40 for both of you with drinks..
Tony Romas ~$50 for both if you pig out and she doesn't (from experience ;) )
Earls $25 - 40 for both
Red Lobster??

Don't quote me on these prices, but these places are decent places to go and aren't extremely expensive. Like jeff said, dont' blow your wad on a girl if you don't know if she likes you yet. good luck! :thumbsup:

Tiny
11-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Joeys in Chinook center

missblondie
11-23-2003, 07:34 PM
haha, i don't think you should take a girl to joeys... there are way to many distractions for a guy there, and even one time of checking out your hot waitress could lead her not even considering you as more than a friend..

she will think. if he can't even keep his eyes off of the waitress, why would i want to get involved with him

04blackMAX
11-23-2003, 07:38 PM
i eat at teatro alot, love it there

RSeXy
11-23-2003, 07:47 PM
sushi is always good!

PGTze
11-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Tiny
Joeys in Chinook center

And if the date sucks, you can always watch Headline Sports in the bathroom :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
11-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Joey Tomatos Mediterranean (sp) Grill... :thumbsup:

Hakkola
11-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by acuraxx
she will think. if he can't even keep his eyes off of the waitress, why would i want to get involved with him

:werd: :werd:

Stay away!!!!!!!! Dammit, I just invited a girl out to joeys cuz she likes it but damn I'ma get in trouble. :eek: :thumbsdow :(

Gondi Stylez
11-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
i eat at teatro alot, love it there

thats cuz ur a hi-roller jordan!!

Tiny
11-23-2003, 10:36 PM
well obviously if the guy is anything special himself he will keep his eyes on his date like a gentleman...and if you can't do that well then maybe you can't handle a relationship yet

lam-boy
11-24-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Tiny
well obviously if the guy is anything special himself he will keep his eyes on his date like a gentleman...and if you can't do that well then maybe you can't handle a relationship yet

dude there are times to be a gentleman to your woman, and there are times when your an idiot, for someone else.

Gondi Stylez
11-24-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

dude there are times to be a gentleman to your woman, and there are times when your an idiot, for someone else.

ummmmm i think tiny is a chick!!:dunno: :eek:

lam-boy
11-24-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

ummmmm i think tiny is a chick!!:dunno: :eek:

k just change dude to, dudette haha.

Gondi Stylez
11-24-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

k just change dude to, dudette haha.

haha ye i know but i meant was that is prolly why "she" said what she said in that way!?!?!? if that makes any sense!!!!!!!
:confused:

ahhhhhhh im tired im goin to sleep! girl or not!:whocares:

lam-boy
11-24-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

ahhhhhhh im tired im goin to sleep! girl or not!:whocares:

thats what i understood cause im going to bed too haha.

prosh
11-24-2003, 04:38 AM
Can't go wrong with Pho, its simple and its good eats! Just make sure to have gum if you go with the vermicelli. Fish sauce kills breathe!

legendboy
11-24-2003, 09:15 AM
La Dolce Vita is a nice italian resturant in Brideland, that would be a nice place to take a date. Athens By Night is nice too (17th ave) if you like Greek. Find out what kind of food she likes, Calgary has quite a few nice (7-10) resturants.

sputnik
11-24-2003, 10:50 AM
find something nice.... but dont just go to the most expensive place you can find...

personally i like the food at places like Teatro... or the Chophouse... but i also find them kind pretentious

why not find a nice out of the way place that is a bit more "cozy"... i would go with places like "The Living Room" and "Bungalow" on 17th ave sw

C4S
11-24-2003, 12:35 PM

Teatro in downtown, very good food, good enironment, and reasonable price too ! with a bit red wine, prababy just over $100, and she will like it ! great service too!

Then you can take her to some neat resturants in Marda Loop area....:burnout:

GTS Jeff
11-24-2003, 07:05 PM

You're so right Jeff. You always speak the truth and some people can't handle it, but I almost always agree with what you have to say. I mean I know I said $100 max, but that's only cause I'm trying to explore all my options. I would rather spend around $30-$50 to see if she really does like me as you said. I mean I don't want to just get this girl into my bed, I really really like her, so I'm not trying to impress her with money, I just want to take her to a nice place. So what's a good place in your opinion in that price range that's not too cheesy or cheap looking?

I'm not looking for a girl to just take home for the night. I'm not expecting anything that night at all except to find out if she likes me, so I mean yes that is all some guys think, but not all. The topic has been beaten to death on this forum I know, but there will always be the same questions and the same variety of answers.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: it sounds like u know your shit! hmm i think that the best place for reasonable prices, good food, and somewhat more "special" would be the smallish, classy places like buon giorno on 17th. i went there over the summer, and some old italian dude with an accent took good care of me and my girl. food was good, it costed under 50 for dinner and wine.

RSeXy
11-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Find out her favorite food and take her out for it! My favorite food is lobster and sharkfin soup! yum! I'll never forget my first date! It shows that you are paying attention to her by taking her out for what she really likes!

sikh_n_destroy
11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
TONY ROMAS...
JOEYS TOMATOES...
HOOTERS....(new one in NE)
any of these....
by the way
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

04blackMAX
11-24-2003, 10:54 PM
go to teatro....ask for curtis say jordan sent you!!!

jdmakkord
11-24-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by sikh_n_destroy
TONY ROMAS...
JOEYS TOMATOES...
HOOTERS....(new one in NE)
any of these....
by the way
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You must be quite the charmer!!! lol
How many women have you taken out?

ExtremeSi
11-25-2003, 05:17 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: it sounds like u know your shit! hmm i think that the best place for reasonable prices, good food, and somewhat more "special" would be the smallish, classy places like buon giorno on 17th. i went there over the summer, and some old italian dude with an accent took good care of me and my girl. food was good, it costed under 50 for dinner and wine.

Sounds good. I think I'll go check it out along with some other places mentioned, The Living Room, Bungalow. Thanks

I'll save places like La Dolce Vita and Teatro for special occasions. Too rich for my blood.

And RSexy I asked her what she wanted, but she just told me to pick a place...you know how girls are.
:rolleyes: :D

SinisterProbeGt
11-25-2003, 05:50 PM
here is a vid for yah for your first date as long as its not here your alright
vid here (http://www.wiredvideo.com/clips/av2/firstdate.avi)

ExtremeSi
11-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Well for anyone who actually wants to know the results.. it didn't end that great....
I mean I had a great night, we went out to eat at Smuggler's Inn. Really really nice place. Recommend it to anyone. Not too much choice on the menu though...but good still. then we went to the mall and then to a movie, but at the end of the night she told me we should get to know each other better before we go out. It's understandable....Just not the best. She wants to be friends right now and just wait and see what happens...
So thanks for all the input everyone.

Seanith
11-29-2003, 05:23 PM
yeah smugglers inn is a great place! i think i'm going there for my bday next week :thumbsup:
sorry about the turnout but who knows maybe you guys will hang out a bit more and things will click? :dunno:
Good luck :)

GT2NV
11-29-2003, 05:24 PM
joeys in chinook:thumbsup:

ExtremeSi
11-29-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
yeah smugglers inn is a great place! i think i'm going there for my bday next week :thumbsup:
sorry about the turnout but who knows maybe you guys will hang out a bit more and things will click? :dunno:
Good luck :)

Thanks man, that's what I'm hoping for:thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
11-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Well for anyone who actually wants to know the results.. it didn't end that great....
I mean I had a great night, we went out to eat at Smuggler's Inn. Really really nice place. Recommend it to anyone. Not too much choice on the menu though...but good still. then we went to the mall and then to a movie, but at the end of the night she told me we should get to know each other better before we go out. It's understandable....Just not the best. She wants to be friends right now and just wait and see what happens...
So thanks for all the input everyone. hehe smugglers is a good place, but there is a bit much meat there for some girls heh.

if she wants to "see what happens" i tihnk u still have a chance

GTS Jeff
11-29-2003, 08:59 PM
so be pimpy and make her like u. watch sex in the city and do what those guys do.

Team_Mclaren
11-30-2003, 12:53 AM

at least she didnt say no stragiht up, it takes time, girls are like that. If u really mean it, be patient.

accordboi_02
11-30-2003, 02:14 AM

Good luck man, at least you still have a chance. Listen to Jeff though; you definitely don't want to fall into her "friends" zone, b/c then u'll never have her as anything more.
Be there for her and all that shit, but always make sure she knows you're interested in more.

Good luck!!!

sikh_n_destroy
11-30-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

You must be quite the charmer!!! lol
How many women have you taken out?

dude is askin for cheap and a good place!!!
i said tat accordin to tat....

TalonVelocity
11-30-2003, 04:02 PM
cook for her yourself, lazy