PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 5 gallon pails or similar

spikerS
12-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Looking for around 10 or so 5 gallon pails. Going to be filling them with loose gravel for added weight in the back of my truck for the winter, and when the need arises for added traction by tossing some on the ground.

Kinda hoping there are some painters or cooks that have these available, preferably with lids.

Had to put WTB in the title, but really just hoping someone has some they just want to get rid of.

speedog
12-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Go visit a DQ - they used to sell their big buckets.

frozenrice
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by spikers
Looking for around 10 or so 5 gallon pails. Going to be filling them with loose gravel for added weight in the back of my truck for the winter, and when the need arises for added traction by tossing some on the ground.

Kinda hoping there are some painters or cooks that have these available, preferably with lids.

Had to put WTB in the title, but really just hoping someone has some they just want to get rid of.

I've learned not to take used paint buckets from a construction site if there's a lid on it. ;)

spikerS
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Go visit a DQ - they used to sell their big buckets.

i was hoping to not have to pay for them. do you know how much they wanted for them?

Originally posted by frozenrice

I've learned not to take used paint buckets from a construction site if there's a lid on it. ;)

I must be missing something here....

frozenrice
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM

I must be missing something here....

New home constuction sites = no toilets for a while between the painter and the plumber :D

spikerS
12-06-2009, 11:20 PM

New home constuction sites = no toilets for a while between the painter and the plumber :D

:rofl:

narou
12-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Try a gas station, may have empty antifreeze barrel.

sluggish
12-07-2009, 08:10 AM
I know you don't want to pay but Rona sells them for about $5 each

speedog
12-07-2009, 08:35 AM
i was hoping to not have to pay for them. do you know how much they wanted for them? Don't remember, but if ya call them, I'm sure they'd be happy to let ya know.

spikerS
12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by sluggish
I know you don't want to pay but Rona sells them for about $5 each

well, since the city is nice and puts out a huge box of gravel near my house, i suppose $5 a pail is better than $12 a sandbag from Esso or the like.

TomcoPDR
12-07-2009, 09:06 PM

snap :eek: did you not feel the weight when you were taking them?

frozenrice
12-07-2009, 10:44 PM
haha. Luckily it wasn't me. Coworker told me this trick. Usually the buckets with lids were a one time use kind of thing. A duece probably only weighs a few ounces so in comparison to the weight of a bucket, it'd be hard to tell there was something in there.