PDA

View Full Version : Newsgroup connection

HiSpec
12-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I have a connection to newshosting.com, everything was setup and working correctly since summer when I first got it from my friend.

Now just couple days ago, it is giving me this error:

[downloader] Connecting [email protected]:3128 failed, message=502 Authentication Failed

I confirmed with my friend if he changed the password. But he said he didn't and it is working perfectly fine for him.

My question is if it is possible that my ISP blocked incoming traffic to my incoming port? Or any insight at what I can try?

beecue
12-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Maybe they are checking IP now, you can't connect at the same time as your friend.

Alterac
12-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Uhm. Did you pay the bill?

HiSpec
12-06-2009, 11:27 PM
@beecue

I heard newsgroup connections are secure and encrypted, if I am correct. So is it still possible for ISP to track IP?
And I just recently got this not long ago, my friend was using the account many months ago prior giving me the extra connections.

@Alterac

newsgroup are usually prepaid. They prepaid for 6 mths.

PeterGTiR
12-07-2009, 12:05 AM
You could try a different port if that's what you're concerned with:

http://www.newshosting.com/en/newshosting-usenet-server-information.php

I know you've mentioned this in your initial post, but whenever I've had the 502 error, it's seems to be that I've typed in either my username or password incorrectly - either spaces before or after the password...

beecue
12-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by HiSpec
@beecue

I heard newsgroup connections are secure and encrypted, if I am correct. So is it still possible for ISP to track IP?
And I just recently got this not long ago, my friend was using the account many months ago prior giving me the extra connections.

I meant newshosting is checking your IP. I know Astraweb checks so you can't share the account with anyone.

HiSpec
12-07-2009, 11:20 PM
But isn't that the reason that you get 'x' amount of connections for your account so you can share?

UndrgroundRider
12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
But isn't that the reason that you get 'x' amount of connections for your account so you can share?

No. Multiple connections are intended for use from one computer, and are intended to increase your total throughput.