PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q5, Infinty fX35, Volvo XC60

2.0turbo
12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi Beyond,

I'm getting a new vehicle and upgrading from my Mazda CX7. I like the space of the crossovers and that they are not huge. So my question to you is what of the three vehicles you would like.

I've tested them all and they all seem so sweet. The main thing that I am looking to change from my current ride is the awd system. Basically, the mazda awd kinda sucks for my purposes. I can't even pull a donut without the traction control kicking in and straitening me up. Its an uneventful ride.

So far I am leaning towards the Audi with a finished price at a hair under $65,000 with all I want in it. I like how it is a rear wheel biased awd with only 40% tourqe ever being delivered to the front wheels.

The system for the volvo feels sturdier (if that makes sense) and is front drive biased but will deliver 65% to the rear when needed although is difficult to send sideways for very long. It comes in at $56,000 with all I want in it and actually stops in traffic for you if you are not paying attention (going under 30km). Sweet.

I have yet to drive the infinity but now that I'm in that price range, I guess I should. Although I don't really want to buy a 35 when the 45 is available because I know I'm not getting the highest model and thats kind of a retarded reason not to buy a car, but my reason non the less. I am scheduled to try it wednesday. I have no idea what the awd system is like but the price is more comparable to the Audi.

Any thoughts?

dj_rice
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Not sure what year Infiniti your buying but there is no FX45 starting from 2009 and above, that is replaced with the FX50

If your buying 2008 and older, the only difference between the FX35 and 45 is the engine size and tire size. V6 vs V8, so same vehicle. Test drive an 09 FX50 and then test drive a 08 FX45.......what a big difference and so much new gadgets

:thumbsup:

Impreza
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Have you considered the GLK?

signature7
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
I test drove a q5 and a q7 as we're looking to add more to our stable. The q5 drives nice and is pretty quick when we compared it to the q7.

I was turned off by the interior though, when I first saw the pictures in ads and websites, it looked gorgeous but when I sat in a q5 it left something to be desired, little things like temperature indicators. However I definitely like the exterior look at of the car-wish it was slightly longer, it'd be perfect then imho but for the class it is in I believe it's the best looking from the outside.

Also we went to Royal Oak Audi and either my salesmen wasn't the greatest or they just didn't have the resources in our test models as it was very very basic and was too much to remember the differences with the one we test drove and our desired product.

One thing I can't recall correctly is, does the Panoramic sunroof have a silk fabric screen or is it roof liner material, I know the Q7 had that fabric material but I thought the q5 had the liner which I prefer like in my X5.

2.0turbo
12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Not sure what year Infiniti your buying but there is no FX45 starting from 2009 and above, that is replaced with the FX50

If your buying 2008 and older, the only difference between the FX35 and 45 is the engine size and tire size. V6 vs V8, so same vehicle. Test drive an 09 FX50 and then test drive a 08 FX45.......what a big difference and so much new gadgets

:thumbsup:

Ya, meant fx50. Just too used to seeing FX45's.

I can't spend as much as a FX50 costs so I won't even bother looking at it.

2.0turbo
12-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Impreza
Have you considered the GLK?

I have checked it out but it would take a very very awesome car in the same price range to convince me to buy a Mercedes or a BMW for that matter. I'm sure they have as nice cars, but I can't get excited about them. I see to many of them and usually someone is driving it like a complete ass. Although I can be an ass, I don't want to be lumped in with them.

atgilchrist
12-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Ha, I'm still driving the Murano :)

I've heard the FX35 actually rides a lot better than the FX50, which is sprung almost too tightly, and Stillen actually sells a superscharger that brings the HP up, while maintaning your warranty.

I've been in the new MDX quite a bit too, and that drives awesome for a bigger vehicle.

scat19
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
You're looking at different classes?

If you want Q5 -> Infiniti EX

Q7 -> FX50

XC90.

XC60 is EX/Q5/nissan rogue/X3/ size....

little suv vs big suv.

benyl
12-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Q7 -> FX50

XC90.

little suv vs big suv.

I think the Q7 matches the QX56 better... FX50 is murano size...

Redlyne_mr2
12-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Lexus RX350 Sports Package:thumbsup:

2.0turbo
12-08-2009, 05:44 PM
We test drove the FX35 today. So sick. I was amazed at the features for the $.

I think I'm actually going to go with the FX50. I had thought for some reason it started at 74k but it actually starts at 64k, only slightly more than the S line we wanted from Audi. And 0 - 60mph in 5.0???! I had no idea. And ride quality isnt my main concern, in the winter, I can put 18's on it with a taller wall and it will ride smoother. It rides stiff because its got 21's.

Yes, they are different classes but the ex35 sucks compared to the models we have looked at so we have to up a class.

dj_rice
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
If u like the FX35....ask for a testdrive of a FX50S model.....:bigpimp: :drool: , fully loaded with all the including nav/tech/smart cruise/lane departure/360 camera/21" rims for just a tad over $78K

2.0turbo
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
If u like the FX35....ask for a testdrive of a FX50S model.....:bigpimp: :drool: , fully loaded with all the including nav/tech/smart cruise/lane departure/360 camera/21" rims for just a tad over $78K

They have to order it, its on order, I'll take it subject to test drive.

I didn't get the tech package cause i don't need the fuckin thing beeping at me everytime I sway in the lane.

Plus, I already blew my budget so I'm gonna get the FX50 which comes with nav, and 30 camera, 390 ponies 370lbs tourque, and all the like.

2.0turbo
12-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by scat19

Q7 -> FX50

XC90.

little suv vs big suv.

FX models are only 6" longer than the Audi and I think 4" longer than the Volvo.

The EX sucks in comparison. It is much smaller and I can't even believe that it is in the same class as the other models. I can't even fit in the back seat.

The Q7 has a third row option, the FX doesn't. Maybe the same class but the Q7 is much larger a way less sporty. We drove that too. Its too much money anyhow.

The reason we had narrowed it down to the XC60 and the Q5 (originally) was based on not just quality and feel but that they where a bit larger than the others you mentioned. Wait a second, can't I look at different classes and compare them?

dj_rice
12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 2.0turbo

They have to order it, its on order, I'll take it subject to test drive.

I didn't get the tech package cause i don't need the fuckin thing beeping at me everytime I sway in the lane.

Plus, I already blew my budget so I'm gonna get the FX50 which comes with nav, and 30 camera, 390 ponies 370lbs tourque, and all the like.

But the S has PADDLE SHIFTERS :rofl: