PDA

View Full Version : help with creating a web page

spikerS
12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
I don't need anyone to actually build or make the web page, but can anyone recommend a program that will help create web pages?

things like drag and drop would be awesome and some pre-made templates and such?

koopkoop2
12-08-2009, 02:53 AM
DreamWeaver is probably the easiest there is to use out there. However, it's only a matter of time before you'll need to delve into the raw HTML code.

I would recommend:

1.Get Dreamweaver.
2. When you run into some weird DreamWeaver behaviour or limitation, go to tizag.com for no-nonsense tutorials which will quickly get you fixed up.

justincalgary
12-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I used site spinner. I built my old companies website without knowing what the hell I was doing, and I think it turned out decently.

scat19
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by koopkoop2
DreamWeaver is probably the easiest there is to use out there. However, it's only a matter of time before you'll need to delve into the raw HTML code.

+1

I haven't used dreamweaver in ages, it's been 4 revisions since (cs1->cs4)

It was a great program. I loved the preview/coding panes you could have open at the same time.

HondaKid
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
If you are using a Mac RapidWeaver is dead simple, as for DreamWeaver it is a blast but there is a learning curve as mentioned with the HTML.

Go over to Lynda.com sign up for a free one day pass and take a day to learn the basics of DW. Tons more to be found at Lynda, it is the RR of online learning for software applications.

hobohunter
12-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Just do it in notepad! Thats how I have done all the sites I have made :)

bubbley
12-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Look into Wordpress, so many templates and plug-ins..