PDA

View Full Version : Most pet friendly way to move a pet across Canada.

ekguy
12-07-2009, 11:08 PM
There ya have it. How would you move a pet across Canada that will cause the animal the least stress. We're willing to bring them with us in the vehicle we'll be using. Which should be an suv. We're also willing to have them flown with a family member. Which would you chose for your little family member? Both our moms are willing to fly each our pets across as well.

adidas
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Flight with some sleeping pills for them prescribed by the vet.

Driving with an animal, gotta stop every so often to let em piss/shit!

black13
12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Just put him outside. If he knows your scent, he'll find you eventually.

FraserB
12-07-2009, 11:23 PM
What kind of pet? Most smaller ones can be put in a small box or Pringles tube.

TomcoPDR
12-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by adidas
Flight with some sleeping pills for them prescribed by the vet.

Driving with an animal, gotta stop every so often to let em piss/shit!

:rofl: the gif in your sig is killing me, specially while reading this thread.

ekguy
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:rofl: the gif in your sig is killing me, specially while reading this thread.

hahaha I didn't notice that until this was pointed out haha. But it's 2 cats. Mine's been across Canada twice already once on a plane and once in my civic with me. He seemed to hate the car the most but now he's such a wimp he won't even go into my sister's part of the house haha. So I'm thinking a plane might terrify him but again it's only one way. 6 or so hours versus 5 days.

97'Scort
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Not so good with cats myself, but my bird and my hamster both slept through 2 day road trips. Just cover the cages and give them some water every time I stop for gas.

sloan
12-09-2009, 01:46 AM
I've taken 2 dogs for a 2 day road trip. Gave them children's gravol, the liquid kind. Vet recommended that to us. Worked good.

derpderp
12-09-2009, 01:51 AM