PDA

View Full Version : Is boxing day worth it?

kylemitz
12-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey everyone, i was just curious to know what your thoughts were on boxing day. I have been putting off buying a few things, and I am looking at getting them within the next month or so. I have never actually gone shopping on boxing day, the whole thing seems a bit crazy, so is it really worth it? My list of what I am looking to buy includes a new plasma TV, a playstation 3 and also a laptop. I have no particulars about what brand or anything. Any suggestions?:confused:

Eken9
12-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Boxing day is worth it for sure. Even online you can get great prices. My friend got the PS3 GT Logitech steering wheel for $80.00!! half price off retail last year at bestbuy!

But last year I recall seeing some so so deals. Lots of TVs for sale but most of the good deals were 720p. This year it seems there are deals to be had for sure :))

I think Boxing day is worth it for the people that are busy or don't have the daily resources to hunt deals down. Because there are many great deals bought out of Boxing day. However, the people that do find these either strike lucky (right place right time) or have been looking for days/weeks/months.

RY213
12-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I would rather pay more than deal with the crowds, get up early, wait in line, camp out, etc...:dunno:

broken_legs
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
absolutely not.

in fact i would go as far as saying any day that is known to be a big sale day is a complete scam by retail on the public.

You:
Man boxing day is going to be so awesome, look at all the deals, I'm saving all my xmas money to buy stuff on boxnig day!!

Retail:
Lets put 1-5 items on a ridiculous discount and advertise that, then keep everything else regularly priced because we know people are going out on a shopping binge this day and are going to spend money no matter what. BEST SCAM EVER!!

G-ZUS
12-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by RY213
I would rather pay more than deal with the crowds, get up early, wait in line, camp out, etc...:dunno:

:werd:

nonlinear
12-08-2009, 07:00 PM
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/hoboken-boxing-day.jpg

C_Dave45
12-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/hoboken-boxing-day.jpg

ROFL....gold, right there!!

I just stay at home and do online boxing day sales. don't even have to get out of my jammies and have a rum and eggnog in my hand the whole time!! Last year got a great 32" LCD TV and a 500 gb hard drive.

dj_rice
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
It is not worth it all the Boxing Day years I have gone, I waited in line at 3am, only to go in and told its already sold out within 5 mins and it wasn't even a door special or anything, or waiting in line to buy an item and then coming back during the evening and still having tons in stock :banghead:

toyboy88
12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Clothing espcially, I now laugh at people shopping at the malls for clothing...buying online from the US = the win. Cheaper than "sale" prices, better selection, newer stuff, and no lines.

In that case, already have done a ton of it this past month or so haha.

PureDeXteritY
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I'd say boxing day USED to be worth it.
Now it instead of amazing deals on boxing DAY, it's now mediocre deals on Boxing WEEK

FullMetal
12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by PureDeXteritY
I'd say boxing day USED to be worth it.
Now it instead of amazing deals on boxing DAY, it's now mediocre deals on Boxing WEEK

they couldnt hold all the people for there demands in just 1 day so it turned in to a week lol out with the old 2009 in with the new 2010

kylemitz
12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
alright well thanks alot for everyones imput. after what i have heard here, i think ill pass on the whole boxing day thing. i would prefer to buy the tv in person, specs are only as good as the company says they are. again, i really appreciate the help.

Neil4Speed
12-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Any of you guys remember Boxing Day at AB sound? Legendary lol, I remember getting my first CD player (Curtis brand) for $88 at that sale, back probably in 1997 or so. Also remember getting my first color printer at one of those sales, Epson Stylus 300, and a Diamond Viper V550 lol

Anyways, on topic, I don't think the sales are over rated, if you have something to buy, odds are your going to get the best deal over that period of a week.

Cooked Rice
12-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Boxing day ONLINE shopping FTW. usually starts Christmas at midnight.

speeed
12-09-2009, 02:07 AM
:werd: not too sure why people camp out overnight when they're a few clicks away from the same deals

adidas
12-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
Boxing day ONLINE shopping FTW. usually starts Christmas at midnight.

Isnt that considered Boxing day then as its the 26th? lol

Cooked Rice
12-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by adidas

Isnt that considered Boxing day then as its the 26th? lol

only in montenegro, mr. cote. lol. i mean christmas day.