PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my ride.

izzoblitzo
11-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey fellow beyond members!

I know I havent posted as much as many of you, although I've been reading your posts in the shadows, and I really do think this is a great place for people to get their automotive fill. Great group of people. Thanks.

This isnt exactly the best place to post a non-honda/toyota/volkswagon/whatever, but hey, its about time I got some pictures of my ride.. even though it happens to be a cavalier!!

Beyond is a great place for enthusiasts and people alike! So as the cruisin season slowly comes to an end, lets hope we get a longer summer next year, and more shows! :thumbsup:

I just got her towed home on a flatbed from the body shop last night, so she's still sparkly clean. Interior work will comence through the winter. Im hoping for a turbo next year... *fingers crossed*

Any comments appreciated! hehehe so lets keep the mumbo jumbo to a minimum.. but I know what I know what Im gettin into! hehehe so let the drama begin!! :drama:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1774.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1776.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1777.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1778.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1779.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1780.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1781.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1782.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1783.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/wwchung/unibrainpics/DSCN1786.jpg

:D

MK3HKS
11-22-2003, 08:59 PM
:thumbsup:
as long as u like your car, thas all that matters........

EK 2.0
11-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Usually not a fan of the Sunfire/Cavaliers...but cean ride man...and yeah, to each his/her own...

illeagle
11-22-2003, 09:36 PM
I think you should take out your front re-bar, or paint it flat black. As for the Rear bumper cover, if your out camping and have no table to eat on, you could pull up a chair use your rear bumper!! Just kidding... :angel:

link785
11-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
As for the Rear bumper cover, if your out camping and have no table to eat on, you could pull up a chair use your rear bumper!! Just kidding... :angel:

:( that poor rear bumper :(

Aside from that, nice J-body :thumbsup: Unless ya did a conversion, yours is a 2000+ model year? You need some clear corners ;)

/////AMG
11-22-2003, 09:52 PM
:eek: Huge fender gap...

http://dje2.com/bzevo0014.jpg

haha j/k, other than not bad..Welcome to Beyond too

lam-boy
11-23-2003, 12:31 AM
nice car, just slam it!

i just don't like the rear bumper as much as you do though.

Weapon_R
11-23-2003, 12:34 AM
I can appreciate any clean car regardless of make

Just two quick suggestions - Paint your front rebar black, and put some mesh or something in the gaps in your bumper so that the bar doesn't stick out so bad.

Team_Mclaren
11-23-2003, 12:49 AM
1. DROP THE BITHC!!!
2. CUT THE ASS DOWN (THATS A HUGE ASS)

other than that, good work, especailly that its a 4 door, very nice!

ps: dont mind people who hate your car, as long as u like it, its all that matters:thumbsup: (everyone here hate the mx, but i still like it!!!)

pinoyhero
11-23-2003, 10:23 AM
The j-body is probably one of my least favorite cars but I think yours is one of the nicest I've ever seen.

Dj_Stylz
11-23-2003, 10:50 AM
Nice man:thumbsup:

kaput
11-23-2003, 11:02 AM

jayvtec
11-23-2003, 11:34 AM
i like big butts and i cannot lie............:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ZorroAMG
11-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Hahahaha..Rebar? What? Is his car built from reinforced concrete? It's called the frame...but do paint it black man :)

Anyway, nice J-body :) personally gunmetal wheels would look better than gold on that color, it's like jewlery, you never wear silver and gold...paint them :)

The 1994 colored cheap fogs have got to go because they take away from the expensive looking kit..

Personally I think mesh isn't needed cause it'll hide the FMIC ;) but what do I know? lol

Keep up the good work!

04blackMAX
11-23-2003, 01:44 PM
:barf:

SickBastard
11-23-2003, 05:12 PM
NOt a fan of cavaliers.

rage2
11-23-2003, 05:46 PM
One of the better Cavaliar kits I've seen. Not a fan of that long ass, but from the front it looks nice. Excellent choice in wheels.

Good to see u don't have a monster wing :).

Welcome to beyond.

aftermarket
11-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Nice work Izzo, looks great. And yeah, get some mesh for the bumper, it'll look 10 times better.

Wildcat
11-23-2003, 06:24 PM
that rear bumper doesnt suit the car at all, other than that i like the direction your going with your car. just slam it, remove the dent resistant moldings from the sides (im pretty sure they just peel off) and your set.

rc2002
11-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Being a pervious J-body owner, I think it's cool that you're modifying one. I was about to start on mine (I had a body kit, and whole bunch of other parts), but then I figured I should start something that didn't already have 120000km on the motor. Needless to say I sold it and bought a sweet souped up car...

It's now for sale because I want to customize my own car. It's a lot more work to do, but I think it will be rewarding.

One thing you need to do is upgrade your rear drums to rear discs. It makes a huge difference!

SinisterProbeGt
11-24-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
that rear bumper doesnt suit the car at all, other than that i like the direction your going with your car. just slam it, remove the dent resistant moldings from the sides (im pretty sure they just peel off) and your set.

They do just pull right off held there by double sided tape. "hair Dryer and some goo gone and there off 20 min max"
slam the bitch I know even with coilovers you wont get rid of that gap. but you can get it down pretty close.
But other than that nice ride good choice on the rims

:thumbsup:

3g4me
11-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Nice looking cavy, The gold wheels make it look like your trying to be a subaru. Get rid of the wheels and the back bumper and turn it into a 2 door and throw in a turbo and it would be one of the nicest cavys ive seen.

Wildcat
11-24-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
Nice looking cavy, The gold wheels make it look like your trying to be a subaru. Get rid of the wheels and the back bumper and turn it into a 2 door and throw in a turbo and it would be one of the nicest cavys ive seen.

turn it into a 2 door? :rofl: , you fucking tards... i love it!:rofl:

Speed_Dreams
11-24-2003, 05:28 PM
NIce to finnaly see that you got your Rear bumper put on. I saw your car at SOS autobody while it was getting the work done on it. Nice car Cavys aren't my thing but to each there own. im my opinion i would get some lowering springs after winter or even some coilovers if its your winter car aswell.

izzoblitzo
11-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Thanks fellas,

I still have some mesh pieces sittin in my room I havent installed yet.. it was too cold to get them put in before I snapped the pictures.

As for the tires, I believe their the wrong tire size for those rims.. I think I need thicker tires.. even if I lower it, there will still be quite a bit of gappage because the tires are relatively thin. I couldnt believe how thin they looked when I first put them on. I'll prolly just look for a buyer for them and then just upgrade to something thicker. :D

And yeah, its a 2000! I just have orange bulbs in there to give it a bit of an orange tinge. looks kinda hyper orange now that I think of it. And as for the rear bumper... hahaha.. yeah, its HUGE! looked alot smaller when I was holding it in my hand. But it was recomended by jeevs at autozeal.. :angel: so it must be good... right? :angel:

And thanks for the adivce to paint that metal thing.. I didnt even notice it there till you guys pointed it out! thanks :)

The altezzas will come out.. I'll just put the stock ones back in, or put the toyota cavalier tails on. I just need the wiring harness.

izzoblitzo
11-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
NIce to finnaly see that you got your Rear bumper put on. I saw your car at SOS autobody while it was getting the work done on it. Nice car Cavys aren't my thing but to each there own. im my opinion i would get some lowering springs after winter or even some coilovers if its your winter car aswell.

cool!!

did you see what it looked like before they started workin on it? they took the spoiler off.. put on the body kit, painted the door handles, braced the whole thing.. and painted the mirrors.

took them like over a month to do it.

Pretty decent work!

what were ya havin done? were you the maroon beamer w/kit? the silver teg with the carbon hood?

did they show you the basement? HOLY.. they had all these ferrari's and crazy expensive rides down there.. jeeze.

garyb
12-13-2003, 09:13 PM
slam that biatch

Redlyne_mr2
12-14-2003, 02:02 AM
I saw that car one late night in China town a few months ago ..thought it was a lancer at first glance

James
12-14-2003, 04:26 AM
The front and sides, and wheels are really nice, but whoever designed that rear bumper has some serious issues!...needs some rear discs too ;)

rice_eater
12-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
And as for the rear bumper... hahaha.. yeah, its HUGE! looked alot smaller when I was holding it in my hand. But it was recomended by jeevs at autozeal.. :angel: so it must be good... right? :angel:

hehe...did you notice how autozeal shut down:nut: :rofl:

elimit
12-14-2003, 12:29 PM
This isnt exactly the best place to post a non-honda/toyota/volkswagon/whatever, but hey, its about time I got some pictures of my ride.. even though it happens to be a cavalier!!

Dont be ashamed of your ride man ... if you wnana go somewhere where youll be accepted and feel at home... goto www.j-body.org its a good solid community...

but dont you dare leave beyond :D

DeSi
12-14-2003, 12:41 PM
nice car, dont know about the bumper though:thumbsup:

Gripenfelter
12-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Any engine mods?

The front looks good.

izzoblitzo
12-14-2003, 08:37 PM
:eek:

thanks for all the encouragement fellas!

well, for the most part, Im still finding it a lil difficult when I reply 'cav' or 'cavalier' to people that ask me what I drive. *L* Its a good sign it wont be my dream car of choice persay. But hey, its here, and its there, and its everywhere.. I might as well do with what I got for now.

Proud? well, perhaps not as much as those that drive civics and bmw's.. but hey.. its just a lil hobby I've come to enjoy. :angel:

Beyond is a really great place for people in general. Im sure it was made for car enthusiasts alike, but it turned out to be a place for people to get together to share comments, ideas, and a laugh or two. And any forum will have its critics, such as life... As long as you keep your head up, and your satisfied with what your doing, it can be :bigpimp: or even :barf: to others, but it'd be :thumbsup: for effort. *L*

I dont have a whole lotta places to go, or people to turn to for performance mods. They dont make a whole lot for this car!!! I dont have the luxuries of engines to swap or anything! and my main contact at autozeal is no longer. Anybody got any suggestions? :angel:

Sil80 Sr20det
12-15-2003, 07:45 PM
sorry to be mean but, that is really ricey take of those stupid altezza style tailights and do u have any mods in your engine?............what type of rims do u have?, and who made ur body kit its a little ricey too

davidI
12-15-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Sil80 Sr20det
sorry to be mean but, that is really ricey take of those stupid altezza style tailights and do u have any mods in your engine?............what type of rims do u have?, and who made ur body kit its a little ricey too

Well, I guess the noobie feels that way but personally I think it looks pretty good. Sure I would have changed a couple of things but that's one of the nicer j-bodies I have seen - good work.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Yea i think it looks pretty damn good, those rims are really sweet, what kind are they? Sil 80 your a fucking idiot...

SI-vic
12-15-2003, 08:04 PM
Looks alright I suppose.
The nicest Cav I've ever seen was a yellow one with White rims.
It was really nice

For your car, get rid of the Altezza's.... I'm lovin' the rims so keep those
Get some grills on that front kit, the side skirt IMO does not match BUT thats a personal preference, I'm sure others like it.
The rear bumper is HUGE so you might want to get a new one when/ IF you have any extra money, if not then its not that BIG of a deal.

My question is, whats the gap between your front bumper and hood all about?
Is the hood opened or something?

elimit
12-15-2003, 08:07 PM

if you dont have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut...

thats about as good as a 4 door cav can get without throwing some serious coin in it...

you say look under the hood, meanwhile you claim you have an Sr motor, so automatically we should praise you, if a dumbass like you came rolling up to me and said let me look under your hood... id laugh in your face, and say "go back home and watch a little more Fast and the Furious"

i happen to be a big 180/240/Silvia/Sil-80 Fan, but for some reason, i doubt you own one, and if you do ... your too much of an idiot to drive one.

You dont even know the meaning of rice.

izzoblitzo
02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Now I remember where I saw my bumper before!! haha
http://www.beaterz.com/one_liners/0201/images/japvan.jpg

Ben
02-04-2004, 11:12 PM
hahahahaha

good to see you have a sense of humor about it...maybe one day you'll be able to cut your bumper down to the size of that vans!

hahaha j/k/j/k

izzoblitzo
02-04-2004, 11:22 PM
bwhahahaha!!!

one day.. one day.. haha

:drool:

that will be the day.:D

it wont be easy.. looks like it'll be a custom job.

hand me a scalpel.

JordanLotoski
02-04-2004, 11:23 PM
man, i respect the work and money youve put into it.....but its gawd awful.....but hey thats just my taste

izzoblitzo
02-04-2004, 11:25 PM
hehehe, yeah.. I've had alotta mixed comments about it... some people like it, and some people dont.. hey, I cant please everybody :D

not everybody will like what I'll do to my new xterra ether.. hehe

but its okay, its a cavalier, what more to expect, right? :drool:

ZorroAMG
02-04-2004, 11:50 PM
LOL..

how goes the modding? Post pics of the new progress if you have any :)

izzoblitzo
02-04-2004, 11:52 PM
hehehe.. I dont have anything new done yet.. I just bought a house in springborough.. decided the house is a better investment than the cavalier. hehehe

oh well.. I'll save it for a rainy day.. my next project is an xterra.. I was originally gonna turbo the cavalier.. but Im still halfdecided if I should move on, and have two fun cars, and a house.. or what.. so many choices, so little monies.. :thumbsup:

Ben
02-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Modding homes is so much more pleasurable.

izzoblitzo
02-05-2004, 12:02 AM
haha.. yeah, tell me about it.

spiral standalone staircase.. $10biggies
built out nook out the master bedroom.. $8biggles..
granite counters.. $6biggies..

tied down for 25years.. priceless.

hahahaha my neighborhood is pretty cool though.. no complaints.. some guy down the street must work for Shane Homes.. he has the biggest house on the block, he owns a black h2 and a black escalade truck with shane vanity plates.

and theres a fat dude around the corner that has a g35 on chromlies. makes the pearl blue integra parked next to it look like used kleenex.
:eek:

LEBMAN
02-05-2004, 12:49 AM
nice wheels u got...love the color

Redlyne_mr2
02-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Modding homes is so much more pleasurable.
Why so you can invite chachy coworkers over for drinks while they marvel at your marble countertops, and faux artwork discussing which color goes best with your life energy. Screw that when the house goes up a large portion is going into the garage, tools, hoist, softdrink machine, video games...now if you want to talk about home entertainment thats defnitely a worthwhile home upgrade

JordanLotoski
02-05-2004, 12:54 AM
yeah hey dump 30k into the garage...great for resale man....good thinking:thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
02-05-2004, 12:57 AM
oh yeah.. thats a wicked house.. I want a slurpee machine!!:D

I could fricken make a slaugher on hot sunday afternoons selling sugar water to the neighborhood kids in front of my house. hahahaha:bigpimp:

JordanLotoski
02-05-2004, 01:00 AM
post some pics of your place...we should have a modding house pics thread

izzoblitzo
02-05-2004, 01:09 AM
hehehe.. ooh ooh! me first.

its still under construction.. but it looks like this:

http://www.cardelhomes.com/images/database/n1044911275.jpg :thumbsup:

JordanLotoski
02-05-2004, 01:11 AM

JordanLotoski
02-05-2004, 01:12 AM
kitchen

Redlyne_mr2
02-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
hehehe.. ooh ooh! me first.

its still under construction.. but it looks like this:

http://www.cardelhomes.com/images/database/n1044911275.jpg :thumbsup:
nice house man...Haha those artists renditions make me laugh, they make it look like your house will be built in the middle mountains with trees and wildlife everywhere. I guess if they drew reality with the lawns made of mud and your neighbours house 6 feet away no one would be interested

JordanLotoski
02-05-2004, 01:14 AM
kitchen ..great room

izzoblitzo
02-05-2004, 01:32 AM
craaazy. I like what you've done with the interior! stainless appliances and all.

I went and upgraded the structural stuff like building out the sitting room, staircase and stuff... cos I cant do that later..

but my furniture is gonna be iffy.. all my old stuff.. hahaha

ironic.. just like my cavalier! all spiffy outside.. and perhaps inside.. but its nothing to have a party about. bwhahaha

and Redlyne_mr2 is right.. some houses have like, enmax power generators and power lines, and light posts and all that jazz outside. I wont be able to do landscaping for a whole year after I move in, cos I have to wait for the soil to settle.

GT2NV
02-05-2004, 12:02 PM
hey nice job on the car man, dont listen to everyone.. but you DO need GRILL in the front and to change the rear bumper, eitherwise nice work:thumbsup:

GT2NV
02-05-2004, 12:07 PM
sorry to be mean but, that is really ricey take of those stupid altezza style tailights and do u have any mods in your engine?............what type of rims do u have?, and who made ur body kit its a little ricey too :rolleyes:

nismodrifter
02-05-2004, 12:08 PM
rear bumper looks fine IMO

thats probably the nicest cavalier I have ever seen :thumbsup:

izzoblitzo
02-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks fellas :thumbsup:

I have my mesh sitting in my room.. just waiting for a nice day to install it. :D

Then again, without a fmic, Im going for that classic radiator look. hahahaha.. but the front bumper, being a drift bumper, is screaming for an fmic.. I'll have to wait for years and years worth of Chinese Lucky envelope money to save up for one then. hahaha

man, its so hard to find the matching mesh too.. because I didnt know what mesh I had, and apparently bought small diamond mesh, when I needed the bigger stuff.

I have Jeevs to thank at autozeal for my rear bumper.. haha ;)

bigboom
02-05-2004, 03:29 PM
hahah you also have bomex to thank since they and i believe rk sport are one of the few companies that make anything for the jbody :)

clean looking ride man, cant wait to see what oyu do with that gap between the hood and the front bumper.