PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys doing for Breakfast?

Neil4Speed
12-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I was curious what you guys have been doing for breakfast? Lately I have been making this awesome breakfast sandwich and loving it as it takes only a quick 4 minutes to make. A few strips of microwave bacon, slice of American cheese, two A Large Eggs, Two pieces of toasted brown bread, and a spread of salsa on one of the slices. Make up a cup of coffee, and comes out awesome. Keeps me filled up for a while too.

What are you guys doin?

Impreza
12-09-2009, 10:15 AM
A good size serving of organic oatmeal!

Your breakfast sandwich sounds good though. It's a struggle every morning to resist driving to Mcdonalds for hashbrowns and a sausage and egg mcmuffin though...

GQBalla
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
oatmeal with brown sugar, little bit of milk and protein powder.

:D

Proyecto2000
12-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I just got a cuisinart waffle maker, so I have been using it every day for 2 weeks :rofl:

breakfast for me = Waffles+fruit+juice

almerick
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Chunky soup or instant noodles, un-healthy super salty MSG is my ideal breakfast!

kaput
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM

jjmac
12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Coffee x 3, Nuts, Oatmeal Bar, Cereal and Banana

mowglee
12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
cereal. Lately its been Cap'n Crunch or Froot Loops. My theory is eating childish cereal keeps you young at heart :D

max_boost
12-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Left overs from the night before. Could be chicken, salmon, steak,whatever. A bit of rice and a few veggies. Actually that's what I eat for breakfast/lunch and dinner. :nut:

Calgary Court in Chinatown has a decent breakfast. $7, a drink, two eggs, toast, chicken/pork chop//beef in pasta soup. I usually hit that up if I have time.

buh_buh
12-09-2009, 12:33 PM
2 slices of whole wheat toast, with one side 1 or 2 egg+cottage cheese omlette, slice of ham, other side pbj. Sometimes a glass of milk, sometimes a glass of OJ, sometimes a coffee.

Jlude
12-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Strawberry/Banana Protein shake.

A bunch of fresh strawberries, two bananas, protein powder, little bit of milk, 2 ice cubes. Bam...

It's not a great breakfast, but if I didn't have this, I wouldn't eat anything, so it's better than nothing.

nonlinear
12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I was curious what you guys have been doing for breakfast? Lately I have been making this awesome breakfast sandwich and loving it as it takes only a quick 4 minutes to make. A few strips of microwave bacon, slice of American cheese, two A Large Eggs, Two pieces of toasted brown bread, and a spread of salsa on one of the slices. Make up a cup of coffee, and comes out awesome. Keeps me filled up for a while too.

What are you guys doin?

mmm that sounds delicious!

My brother taught me a cool recipe for making 6 egg mcmuffins, that you can cook at once and then reheat them each morning in less than a minute!

On Sunday, go buy a 6-pack of english muffins, a 6-pack of eggs, some cheese, and some back bacon (Harvest brand - it's the same diameter as the english muffins). Then, get a Tuna can and cut both sides out of it (or spend like $30 on a set of egg rings ata a kitchen store). Heat up a frying pan with the tuna can in it, spray some PAM in there, and crack the egg. Break the yolk with a fork or whatever. Then, add some water to the frying pan and put on a lid - the idea is to steam/poach the egg. you shouldn't even have to flip it. While it's cooking, toast the english muffin and butter it. put a slice of cheese and back bacon, then put the cooked egg in it. Wrap in wax paper and put it back in the english muffin bag. you can make all 6 on sunday, keep them in the bag in the fridge and nuke them in the morning for like 45 - 60 seconds. its cheap, nutritious, and all around awesome!

here's a video on how to do it. This bitch Betty is really detailed, so I hope it's not too boring. Also, she cooks her egg a bit different that I do. she fries it, whereas at McDs they poach/steam in water. i find it cooks better and faster if you add water to the pan.

C66YNJBgEfk

SScott
12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
This old mother fucker has got the trick too

VkYil0ZatQs

gqmw
12-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Man...your guys breakfasts sound so good...time to wake up earlier to get some good breakfast.

buh_buh
12-09-2009, 02:16 PM
breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day in terms of food selection, so I can't miss it.

89s1
12-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by SScott

VkYil0ZatQs

Pretty youtube savvy grandpa by the sounds of it.

He knows whats up with the ice cube trick.

Neil4Speed
12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day in terms of food selection, so I can't miss it.

Me too, absolutely love breakfasts

Originally posted by gqmw
Man...your guys breakfasts sound so good...time to wake up earlier to get some good breakfast.

Yesh its a good idea, keeps you going through your day better. My breakfast takes only 5 minutes to prepare so its not a big time commitment

Originally posted by nonlinear
[B]

mmm that sounds delicious!

My brother taught me a cool recipe for making 6 egg mcmuffins, that you can cook at once and then reheat them each morning in less than a minute!

On Sunday, go buy a 6-pack of english muffins, a 6-pack of eggs, some cheese, and some back bacon (Harvest brand - it's the same diameter as the english muffins). Then, get a Tuna can and cut both sides out of it (or spend like $30 on a set of egg rings ata a kitchen store). ....
/B]

That sounds good as well, but I won't lie, I do like my eggs to be cooked fresh.

Here is my method:

1. Crack two Canadian A eggs into a mug, add a drop of milk and beat up
2. Put into Microwave for 1 minute
3. Put water into my Keuireg Single Cup coffee maker/Kettle and set to boil.
4. Grab Toast and put into toaster, I like my toast well toasted
5. Get 4 strips of microwavable bacon, or bacon you have prepared previously and put in the fridge, put onto napkin and microwave for 30 seconds
5. During this time Take out egg, and mix it up a little more in the mug.
6. Put coffee purculate through, or water into a mug for a cup of tea
7. Take out Bacon, pad down with napkin, Put egg back into microwave for 1 minute
8. Take your toast and lay down your American (processed) cheese and then the bacon on top.
9. Take your eggs and scoop it out of the mug, place onto bread and squish down with your fork into a bread shape.
10. Top with pepper, and then spread a little salsa on the other slice of toast.

Amazingly delicious and filling, and done in under 5 minutes.

89s1
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
You forgot to mention the name brand of the toaster and microwave. :nut:

n1zm0
12-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by gqmw

:( me too, i dont think i've had a proper or even quick bfast on a weekday/workday since HS and that was 7 years ago.

the old man egg mcmuffin vid was great, that would take less than 15 mins for waaay less (when you're counting per egg/eng. muffin slice etc), last time i got an egg sausage/bacon mcmuffin it was like $2.39 or something, i guess you pay for the convenience obviously.

Nissan_Fanboy
12-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Absolutly Nothing,
For some reason i cannot eat in my morning.
I get gut aches.

CKY
12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Nissan_Fanboy
Absolutly Nothing,
For some reason i cannot eat in my morning.
I get gut aches.

Just gotta get use to the morning meal, I use to have the same problem but since I made part of the routine it went away for me.

As for my breakfest (if I have time) it'd be a spinach and cheese omelette, two pieces of toast, and whatever ham / meat I have in the fridge to top it off.

For on the go I make a smoothie, frozen berries and mixed fruits, a dash of acai berry juice, yogurt, a bit of water, and a portion of oatmeal or multigrain in the blender.

narou
12-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Your eating to fast Nissan fanboy. Wait till you wake up before esting or get up earlier

C4S
12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
BANANA .... :clap:

Oh .. somehow, just remeind me of this quote ..

" I won't eat anything before I have my breakfast in the morning .. "

:eek:

Jonel
12-09-2009, 07:53 PM
1 cup of fibre 1 oat and honey clusters cereal + 2/3 cup of milk.

swak
12-09-2009, 08:15 PM
i am NOT a morning person.

Until i got my coffee and have been awake, then start to talk to me..

But in the morning its usually Raisin Bran, Coffee x2, and a muffin or granola bar (depending on what ive got)

Swank
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Cereal with choco protein powder goes down oh so scrumptiously. Ever since I bought the orange cream protein powder in error I've been having it in vanilla+skim milk+flax seed oil shakes and it carries me to lunch just as well. It was a good error, mmmmmm!

I hate eggs so mofo'in' much, can't stomach the smell even, which leaves me screwed for buying breakfast in a restaurant. I really wish I liked them, protein God-sends they are :cry:

BigMass
12-09-2009, 09:01 PM
1 of
http://www.phdonline.com.au/images/products/zero%20impact%20bar.jpg

and about 10 of
http://c230.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/cup-of-coffee.jpg

euphoria
12-09-2009, 10:21 PM
I usually don't eat breakfast but because my stomach starts growling in class, I usually grab whatever I can before heading out to save myself some embarrassment. Which well...usually consists of a few handfuls of cereal, a granola bar, and like half a bottle of water. :facepalm: :banghead:

DJ Lazy
12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by mowglee
cereal. Lately its been Cap'n Crunch or Froot Loops. My theory is eating childish cereal keeps you young at heart :D

:rofl:... Sweet Theory...I love Froot Loops!

I haven't made a proper breakfast in awhile.. :(

Kardon
12-09-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm gonna go cook up some eggs or something, but usually breakfast is had at whatever restaurant is closest to wherever I'm working.

cdnsir
12-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Peanut butter & banana on Toast/Tortilla, with a cup of milk or coffee. It's a quick eat and go food with all 4 food groups included.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

What are you guys doin?

Good to hear somebody else enjoys greasy breakfast sandwiches.

Heres what I do:

1. Cut up about 3-4 inches of sausage into slices and then dice each slice into quarters. Fry with a bit of canola oil and medium heat.
2. Toast a bagel (Olafman's (sp?) brand Original Brooklyn Bagels from Safeway) and get the butter out of the fridge. These bagels are boiled and give you that crunchy outside and chewy inside texture.
3. Have any cheese ready to go on a cheese grater.
4. By this time the sausage should be cooked, crack two eggs from about 8-9 inches above the pan so they fall into the middle and the yolks split. Mix a bit with a spatula.
5. Bagel should be ready, so butter it quick.
6. In the time it took you to butter your bagel, the eggs should be cooked on one side so flip that shit with whatever method you prefer. I finally learned to flip it right after 4 years of splattering egg mixture all over the stovetop.
7. As soon as you flip, grate the cheese on top, cover most of the egg mixture.
8. Fold the omelette in half and place it on top of the bagel. Cut in half.
9. Die of a heart attack in 10 years.

Takes about 6-9 minutes and is so damn delicious. As well as being a great before exam brain food, it is the miracle hangover cure.

Other option when I have more time/don't have work that day:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa206/Idratherbsidewayz/Biking001.jpg

6 pieces of bacon
5 leftover baby potatoes fried in bacon grease
3 egg cheese omelette
2 pieces of buttered toast
1 Irish Breakfast Tea (looseleaf, baby)
1 Cranberry Gingerale

swak
12-10-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
[B]

Other option when I have more time/don't have work that day:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa206/Idratherbsidewayz/Biking001.jpg

Oh man... that looks so damn good.
Thats it...
Tomorrow is bacon and eggs day.

buh_buh
12-10-2009, 02:10 AM
those potatoes look friggin delicious :drool:
I'm doing that tomorrow.

DJ Lazy
12-10-2009, 02:14 AM
Wow.. that does look amazing... :drool:

Neil4Speed
12-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I am envious for sure lol! Those potatoes :drool:

Ps. Nice love mug

Jlude
12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
that looks like the perfect hangover meal...

looks soooo good.

flipstah
12-10-2009, 12:39 PM
On the weekdays, I keep myself regular:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BZXR-naGCPw/SpLsth44svI/AAAAAAAACfs/omefpJhAEsw/s400/raisinbran2.jpg

YEAH! :poosie: It's only on the weekend where I splurge with eggs and bacon or tocino (filipino cured pork), or if my dad cooks breakfast :love:

Jynx
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Anyone know where i can buy one of those rings that the guy has in that video??

and that breakfast looks amazing, holy shit!

Im craving eggs and sausage rite now and its like midnite lol

nonlinear
12-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Jynx
Anyone know where i can buy one of those rings that the guy has in that video??

and that breakfast looks amazing, holy shit!

Im craving eggs and sausage rite now and its like midnite lol

you can make one from a can (cut out both sides with a can opener) or use the ring from a mason jar. or you can buy them at kitchen stores (they are called "egg rings" but are expensive, though).

Jynx
12-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear

you can make one from a can (cut out both sides with a can opener) or use the ring from a mason jar. or you can buy them at kitchen stores (they are called "egg rings" but are expensive, though).

Sorry, im a lil bit clueless about this.

What are some kitchen stores in Calgary? I tried superstore but they didnt have this.

thanks!

nonlinear
12-11-2009, 12:41 AM
i second google for "egg rings:"

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=egz&ei=d-khS4iRIY2IswOh5tyqCw&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CA4QBSgA&q=egg+rings&spell=1

first hit is canadian site offering one for $4.99.

:dunno:

sgt_hawk
12-11-2009, 01:20 AM
I dont know the name of it, but theres a store in glenmore landing right beside the liquor store that sells those rings. i think theyre like 10 bucks or something.

Kardon
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Somebody should do it wendles style and make the egg square.

cancer man
12-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Deer Head Cafe.
3.99 bacon and eggs,toast and hash browns all the coffee you can drink and no mess to clean up.
1 buck tip.

swak
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
We need yearly pancake breakfasts.

Those 2 weeks of free breakfasts are the best time of my life. :poosie:

turbotrip
12-11-2009, 08:06 PM
one of those kellog breakfast bars and half a bottle of water almost everyday :barf:

barbarayee
12-20-2009, 10:21 PM
milk+cereal , oatmeal£¬ donut£¬fried eggs£¬bread. :nut:

95teetee
12-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SScott

VkYil0ZatQs
dammit.

Now it's 8PM Christmas eve and I want a McMuffin:rofl: